Tutorial Tool How To Extract Bitrock Content Installer Executables

Primalewd

Apr 16, 2022
Short n sweet tooltip;
You can unpack the old bitrock installers with a , there's a binary release so it's super easy to use. The repo isn't maintained but it's still working fine as of Nov 25, 2022. If that should change I'll update this post.

* Download the binary from github;
* Put the bitrock installer you want to extract into a folder with the bitrock-unpacker exe
* Open a cmd window and change the working dir to that folder:
cd "path\to\folder\"
* Use the following command format to extract it:
bitrock-unpacker-v2019-11-18-x86.exe INSTALLER.EXE OUTPUT_DIR

This should work on any bitrock installer, whether it's a plugin or a content installer. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Livtrasir

DrkPhoenix

May 12, 2018
Yeah, I'm getting errors when trying to extract and the product is OBJ Companion by man friday. It's not on the site, if you need me to send it to you, let me know.

Primalewd

Apr 16, 2022
Yeah, I'm getting errors when trying to extract and the product is OBJ Companion by man friday. It's not on the site, if you need me to send it to you, let me know.
I have a copy of it already, I just gave it a test run, it worked.
Is the cmd working directory set to the folder where the files are kept?
You can change it with: cd "path\to\folder\"
My bad, I kinda glossed over that instruction, I'll edit the OP.

If that's not it, maybe you left out the ".exe" from the installer name in the command?
We'll figure this out lol

Mr.Axxx

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2019
Hi, can you please share OBJ Companion by man friday (MF_objexporter.dll) file? I can't extract it using tcl script.

Primalewd

Apr 16, 2022
Hi, can you please share OBJ Companion by man friday (MF_objexporter.dll) file? I can't extract it using tcl script.
I can probably help you figure out what's going wrong when you try to extract the installer.
Can you tell me what happens when you run the command? Paste any error message you receive here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr.Axxx

Mr.Axxx

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2019
I can probably help you figure out what's going wrong when you try to extract the installer.
Can you tell me what happens when you run the command? Paste any error message you receive here.
Thanks... I mistyped output folder path. man i hate cmd line. lol.
I extracted it successful. thanks a lot again.

Reactions: Primalewd

GeninhoBrasil

Dec 30, 2023
Well, I confess that I tried different ways and I didn't succeed.

Apparently the original script was updated and then another version of it was made, however, none of this seems works, and there are practically no instructions.

Primalewd

Apr 16, 2022
Well, I confess that I tried different ways and I didn't succeed.

Apparently the original script was updated and then another version of it was made, however, none of this seems works, and there are practically no instructions.
It's still the same binary release from 2019, it still works.
I thought I laid it out pretty well, which parts of the instructions are unclear?