Tutorial RPGM Completed How to fix & run japanese RPGM games on android [TESTED]

DID IT WORK ON YOUR MOBILE [Answer after your tried my tutorial]

• Total voters

leloil

Mar 30, 2021
Hi there, before going any further,let me tell you again that this tutorial is only for android users only and for RPGM games (VX Ace on this one)
I tried this tutorial on myself with and japanese rpgm game and it works just fine.

• NOW LET'S GO TO THE IMPORTANT PART •

Step 1: Go on google and download the latest version of JoiPlay

Screenshot_20220606_114459.jpg

Step 2: Download the latest RPG Maker Plug-in latest version as well

Screenshot_20220606_114608.jpg

Step 3: Install both of them like in the ss above ↑

Step 4: Download your japanese RPGM game (choose a VX ACE one) [Zip or Rar)
Screenshot_20220606_115156.jpg

Step 5: Download RAR and install it
Screenshot_20220606_114808.jpg

Step 6: Open RAR and give the necessary pemissions

Step 7: DON'T EXTRACT YOUR GAME YET so go to the
RAR Settings
Screenshot_20220606_115437.jpg

Step 8: We need to add a good encode first so tap on that option ↓
Screenshot_20220606_115526.jpg

Step 9: Choose "Japanese"
Screenshot_20220606_115603.jpg

Step 10: Extract all :)

• NOW WE NEED TO SET THE RTP (Run-Time Package so that you can run the game smoothly)

Step 11: Follow these screenshots first then you can go to the rpgmaker website

Step 12: Select "
RPG Maker VX ACE"

Screenshot_20220606_115913.jpg

Step 13: Download the "zip file" [Btw you have there instructions on how to Install it...BUT IT'S FOR PC!!!] Annoying right?,But I know how so no worries.
Screenshot_20220606_120034.jpg

Here's the website RTP →

• SADLY THERE'LL BE NO SCREENSHOTS FROM NOW ON BUT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND VERY EASY •

Step 14: You can choose to extract the zip of not but It doesn't matter so the result is the same, so Open JoiPlay and add the game there

Step 15: Tap on the game,you'll see a pop-up there, Regarding RTP

Step 16: Select "CHOOSE" and search for the RTP (VX ACE) you just dowloaded [RTP VX ACE ZIP] or [Setup.exe if you extracted it]

Step 15: Wait until it says It's done and press OK [DO NOT OPEN THE GAME YET]

• NOW EYES HERE,THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT (AND SIMPLE) • If don't do this then all you did just now is worthless

Step 16: Open your settings (your phone settings)

Step 17: Change your location/region to "Japan" (You must search for in settings on your own cuz it depends on device)

Step 18: Go to the clock settings and change your default GMT...Choose Tokyo,Japan GMT +9:00 (or JST if not GMT)

Step 19: Open JoiPlay and run the game [IF IT DIDN'T WORK TO RUN...Go to your "Files" in your game's folder,If you find .nomedia and/or .noscan then delete it]

LAST STEP: ENJOY

I HOPE IT WORKS ON YOUR DEVICE,IF NOT THEN IDK WHAT FIX :WaitWhat:
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018
I don't play the Japanese ones, just the translated games, but thanks for the guide anyway. Most of the steps are still applicable for the translated games, btw.

But one thing I want to mention is that on the latest version of Joyplay most RPG MV games turn into a slideshow. I downloaded an earlier version - 1.11.006-patreon and everything is perfect now.

leloil

Mar 30, 2021
Yeah Guess it needs a hotfix on that regarding MV,anyways thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it and I'm glad everything is working fine

aklik

Mar 24, 2018
Yeah Guess it needs a hotfix on that regarding MV,anyways thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it and I'm glad everything is working fine
There are jap and eng versions of rtp, joi play doesn't allow to install jap versions, but some games need them.
How to deal with that issue?