How to get into making REN'PY Games

TheUnDoge

Oct 1, 2022
Just wondering where all the 3D art comes from, I'm mostly interested in making a 3DCG game not a cartoony one. I've got the writing covered as I write Erotic/Lewd Fiction for a hobby, which is from what I've seen in some of these games *good enough* to pass the bar....I can also learn REN'PY with internet turtorials, but where does everyone get the art, do they make it themselves? ...If so which tools to use?

Thanks in advance if anyone bothers to read this!

Sep 26, 2021
Top three CG engines are gonna be Koikatsu, Honey Select, or Daz. If you're going to with Koikatsu or Honey Select look into ScrewThisNoise's BetterRepack project:

Reactions: TheUnDoge

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
it sounds like what you're looking for is daz studio. download it for free from daz, then go take a looksie in the 'assets forum' here and download stuff that's tagged 'daz'. then learn how to install them (ie. where to drop the files), then try out making some dirty depraved smut with them.

daz is a little overwhelming and klunky at first, but bit by bit you'll learn the ropes. its strength is that it's easy to make smut with ~20yo hot babes in it. its weakness is it's horrible compared to a 'real' 3d software like blender.

regarding renpy: I'd advice you to look at 'Light of my life' and note how amazingly good it looks with extremely bare bones renpy-features, then abandon any silly ideas of using any more complex features. just the bare basics are enough. - the reason I'm making this a point is that the SECOND you try to make anything 'clever' in renpy, it gets 100x more complicated and exhaustingly laborous. so if you can keep yourself restricted to the basics it's gonna be extremely easy.

Reactions: TheUnDoge

TheUnDoge

Oct 1, 2022
it sounds like what you're looking for is daz studio. download it for free from daz, then go take a looksie in the 'assets forum' here and download stuff that's tagged 'daz'. then learn how to install them (ie. where to drop the files), then try out making some dirty depraved smut with them.

daz is a little overwhelming and klunky at first, but bit by bit you'll learn the ropes. its strength is that it's easy to make smut with ~20yo hot babes in it. its weakness is it's horrible compared to a 'real' 3d software like blender.

regarding renpy: I'd advice you to look at 'Light of my life' and note how amazingly good it looks with extremely bare bones renpy-features, then abandon any silly ideas of using any more complex features. just the bare basics are enough. - the reason I'm making this a point is that the SECOND you try to make anything 'clever' in renpy, it gets 100x more complicated and exhaustingly laborous. so if you can keep yourself restricted to the basics it's gonna be extremely easy.
most helpful thank you