How to import full scenes from DAZ to Blender

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Hey guys, So I've seen a lot of creators post about how they either have to put projects on hold, or abandon them because their computer is just to underpowered to render, likewise, I've seen a lot of people comment about how they would like to do renders, but their computer isn't strong enough & they think that they need a high end gaming rig, or high powered CAD workstation with a beefy processor, tons of RAM & a top of the line GPU.

Well for starters, that's a myth. You don't NEED a high end Computer. I'm a game creator myself & I do most of my work on a 5th gen i7 thinkpad, with 32 GB of DDR 3 ram & an out of date, (So out of date that DAZ doesn't even use it), Nvidia Quatro chipset with only 2 GB of GPU RAM. Now for many, you might be thinking "Hey, that's better than my PC", Well I also have a Dell Latitude E5450 with a 5th Gen i7, 16 GB of Ram, a 2 GB out of date GTX GPU, a Dell latitude E7250 with a 6th gen i7, 16 GB of Ram & plain ol intel HD Graphics, (i.e. No GPU) & a older Lenovo Thinkpad with a 4th gen i7, 16 GB of ram & only intel HD graphics, & all of these computers can run DAZ & Render in good quality in iRay without any problem. Now granted, yes they all have a lot of Ram & i7 processors, but all of them are at least 5 or 6 years old, half of them don't have a GPU & the ones that do, the GPU is too old & outdated anyway, so DAZ doesn't even use it. Most of these creators, Lookin at you Gambino games, that say their rig is too weak to render have rigs way beefier than all of mine combined.

"But my computer is older & even more underpowered" you might say. Well I also have about 4 or 5 laptops from the 1st gen through ivy bridge, (3rd gen) i7 & even some i3 processors, no GPU & only 4 to 12 GB of RAM. These are complete potato computers even by current era standards. If that sounds like your PC, YES, you too can actually still do 3d renders. This post is for you.

Now DAZ doesn't need a lot of resources to just run & build a scene, most of the resource demand comes from rendering images & animations. Blender, however can do some pretty nice renders too & can work with much much lower resources & render much faster. The only problem with it is, there aren't a whole lot of assets out there to use with Blender, most of the stuff used has to be made from scratch from a gray block of clay, Posing in Blender is a pain with all those bones & rigging & it's just not as user friendly. Well the idea, my friend. Is to build the scene in DAZ & then export it to blender to do the render. So here's how you do that.

I won't get into the weeds on how to use Blender, with areas such as setting lighting, the camera & such, There's loads of turtorials out there for that, I will say this, learn the hotkeys. The camera alone was a nightmare until I learned to use the hotkeys, then it was a breeze.

I'll instead focus on the issues more specific to how to get the scene from DAZ to blender, & how to fix it so it's usable there. First, Don't waste time with the Daz to Blender Bridge or diffeomorphic importer. they are totally useless. If you just want to import 1 single character or model to blender, they are fine for that. otherwise, they are trash. & Before anyone says "Nu uh, you can import whole scenes with dem", I spent weeks scouring the internet looking for ANYTHING on how to do it with those tools & it was nowhere to be found. So even if the ability to is techincally there, Where's the directions? Nowhere? or at least nowhere that's clearly articulated? Yeah. Point proven. Like I said. Completely useless.

So , This is what you do.

Step 1, Build the scene in DAZ. Basically get the scene in DAZ all put together exactly how you want it when you're ready to render. Don't worry about setting lighting though because it doesn't transfer over, so unless you're able to render in DAZ, save the wasted time & energy. Then select EVERYTHING in the scene, (click the item at the top of the list, then scroll to the bottom, shift + click the last item, should select everything in the scene). then go to file, export, save it as an .obj. When you're exporting it, 2 things to be aware of. In DAZ, the Y axis is up, but in Blender, the Z axis is up. So make sure when in the export settings, you set the Z axis as vertical, (you can select this in Blender's import settings too, selecting Y as the vertical), & make sure you tick the boxes for write surfaces, write material library & quote paths containing spaces. Otherwise, you'll end up with blank, white statues of everything with no textures. Now to see them in blender, there's 4 circle icons in the upper right of blender. The 3rd & 4th ones are going to be the ones where all your textures will be visible, the 4th one being the rendering view. The defaults for everything else should be fine.

Step 2: Import the .obj file of the scene into blender, (file, import, route to where the file is in blender), Now if everything went well, you should be seeing an all white, backwards version version of your scene. Like I said, click on the third of the 4 balls in the top right of blender, now it should just look like your scene, only backwards & all white eyes on the models.

Step 3. Ok so from here, first to resolve the eyes. You need to select each character one at a time & go under material properties. It looks like a red Globe. on the right hand menu options. That's the one, (At least for blender 3.1, which is what I'm using. you might have to google fu if you're using a different version). once under there, you'll have to select eye moisture, cornea, possibly iris & pupil, & with each one, set alpha to 0, & under viewport display, set blend mode to alpha hashed. Go down the list of those 4 items until their eyes look normal.

Step 4. Ok so the eyes are fixed, but the scene is still backwards. Well, if you're rendering the whole project in blender, Just build the scene backwards in DAZ, otherwise, in Blender, just hit tab to go into edit mode, then select meshes at the top, mirror & mirror along X axis. Now all the pieces should be where they belong.

Step 5. Now, the next issue is lighting. This part took me 2 days to figure out. As it is, if you try to add in lights, it will be a mess because all the normals are inverted & I couldn't figure out how to correct it. If you put a light in the top left, it will behave like it's coming from bottom right, it will essentially make everything look photo negative & it will leave black marks on anything it reflects off of rather than light spots. In short, it will turn your render into a deep fried meme. Here's how to fix that. On the options on the right, there's the Object data properties. It looks like an upside down triangle with dots on the points. You might have to hit tab & go into edit mode to see it. You need to select the first item in your scene, then go under the object data properties & scroll down to the option of clear custom split normals. Then repeat that process for every item in the scene one at a time. I tried doing it for all of them, no luck. So you have to do it individually for every listed item in the scene.

Step 5. Once all that is done, you should be left with essentially a mirror of your DAZ scene, minus camera & lighting. There's tons of tutorials that should work fine now on how to do cameras & lighting in Blender, So I'll leave that to them, I will say this though, get familiar with the hot keys. for example, if you have a floor lamp in the scene like I do, press shift & right click on the lampshade to set the 3d curser there, then press shift + A to get the menu to add a light. Puts it almost right where you want it to go, so you don't have to do a lot of moving. With the camera, when it's selected, G selects it to move just by moving the mouse curser & left click sets it, g then z adjusts the vert axis, g & then z 2 times adjusts the linear, etc.. There's also a hotkey for making the camera view the full viewport, something with the home button, but I can't remember.

Following these steps though, you should be able to fairly quickly & easily build your scenes in DAZ, then move them to Blender & render them, even on a potato computer. Here's a iray render I did of a scene I made, then the same scene in 2 renders in blender, an eevee engine render & a cycles engine render.

I hope this helps some of you out there. I did the days of suffering, frustration & work & then left this here so that you don't have to go through the same nightmare.

The DAZ Iray scene

soff26.png

The Eevee engine Blender version
eevee_test_1.png

& the Blender cycles engine version

cycles_test_1.png

All 3, I believe, came out better than 3delight or openGL renders in DAZ, in some ways, even better than the iRay render.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Did some more fiddling with the lights on the Blender eevee render, &, aside from the color on the one girls shoes, & some wall art assets that didn't make it in the transfer, I think it actually looks better than the iRay, what do you think?
eevee_test_2.png

Reactions: Ahjgfg

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Don't waste time with the Daz to Blender Bridge or diffeomorphic importer. they are totally useless. If you just want to import 1 single character or model to blender, they are fine for that. otherwise, they are trash. & Before anyone says "Nu uh, you can import whole scenes with dem", I spent weeks scouring the internet looking for ANYTHING on how to do it with those tools & it was nowhere to be found
I would be curious to hear what specific issues you had with Diffeomorphic. It's well-known that the official Daz to Blender bridge is lackluster, but my experience with Diffeomorphic has been that it is very helpful. I agree with you that the documentation is maybe not comprehensive enough, but the author has posted a treasure trove of information on how to get stuff working on the . And if nothing there answers your question, you can always head over to and do a quick search for relevant topics.

Diffeomorphic should take care of anything to do with the eyes, so the extra steps you posted for dealing with eyes are unnecessary if exporting using Diffeomorphic. But it also provides other features: The ability to easily transfer shapekeys, soft body physics, import poses/actions directly from Daz, use JCMs, and a whole host of other stuff. Diffeomorphic is very powerful. It's what I use as an intermediate tool between Daz and Unreal Engine (which is what I create stuff in).

If you already have your workflow established then there's not much I can say there, but I'd at least give Diffeomorphic a second try. It provides many tools that would require much more additional work if you were to just import the raw files and try to assemble everything yourself.

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
I would be curious to hear what specific issues you had with Diffeomorphic. It's well-known that the official Daz to Blender bridge is lackluster, but my experience with Diffeomorphic has been that it is very helpful. I agree with you that the documentation is maybe not comprehensive enough, but the author has posted a treasure trove of information on how to get stuff working on the . And if nothing there answers your question, you can always head over to and do a quick search for relevant topics.

Diffeomorphic should take care of anything to do with the eyes, so the extra steps you posted for dealing with eyes are unnecessary if exporting using Diffeomorphic. But it also provides other features: The ability to easily transfer shapekeys, soft body physics, import poses/actions directly from Daz, use JCMs, and a whole host of other stuff. Diffeomorphic is very powerful. It's what I use as an intermediate tool between Daz and Unreal Engine (which is what I create stuff in).

If you already have your workflow established then there's not much I can say there, but I'd at least give Diffeomorphic a second try. It provides many tools that would require much more additional work if you were to just import the raw files and try to assemble everything yourself.

I can second all of that. Diffeomorphic works great. The learning curve is definitely steep. Also, performance is not the best, but that last one is on blender not Diffeomorphic. As well I know there are ways to work with it more optimally, however I haven't gotten that far yet myself.

Someone should really make a guide or a video tutorial on how to use it that's outside of the manual. There is definitely an order of operations to hit all those buttons in. As well as what should be selected when you do. When to merge stuff, and so on. The documentation is actually very thorough. Tells you exactly what everything does. Though it doesn't always cover the how, or when to use something. So it definitely takes some experimentation to get it going, and is a LOT of reading.

There are a few videos on youTube already, but they only cover importing a basic clothed figure for the most part. I've been considering doing it myself. However, I just hit the point over the past week where I have stuff working and started making renders. So, I don't really consider myself to be the person who should be teaching others how to use it yet.

But it is working great nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilly_

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
Also, I forgot all about these videos.

They are long, and I mean very long. All three combined are about 5hrs of video. But he walks through the whole process of using the diffeomorphic. Still applicable to even 1.6.2 which is the current dev version.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Hey sorry for the late reply, The thing is, like I said, I spent 3 days on it & countless hours scouring every resource I could find, including the ones you have listed. With difeomorphic for example, I couldn't get it to link to where the files & assets all are because it's split into 2 separate directories on my NAS server. Nothing on how to do that in the resources & everything I could find didn't work

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Now, if I could figure out how to fix the small detail issues, then that would be perfect. For example, notice how the light reflects more naturally off the characters skin & clothing, & for the model on the left, her shoes are transparent in the DAZ one, but in the blender ones everything is so flat & matte, & the transparent assets are showing as solid color? Now if I could figure out how to fix that, then I'd do all my renders in Blender. I think it's because when I imported the .OBJ, all the normals were inverted, but no matter what I do, I can't get them to un-invert in blender.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I read through your OP, I apologize for the unsolicited advice but I would really recommend just fully migrating to Blender. Most of the issues you've listed are simply because you're using it in an inefficient way. Exporting entire scenes just to render in Blender is a nightmare I don't wish upon anyone.

Alternatively, have you tried using Octane for Daz? I have no idea if your system meets the bare minimum requirements, but Octane has a Direct Lighting kernel which is pretty lightweight and renders quickly. There's a free tier for Daz which will allow you to see if it works out better for you. At the very least, you'd be able to continue working within Daz.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I read through your OP, I apologize for the unsolicited advice but I would really recommend just fully migrating to Blender. Most of the issues you've listed are simply because you're using it in an inefficient way. Exporting entire scenes just to render in Blender is a nightmare I don't wish upon anyone.

Alternatively, have you tried using Octane for Daz? I have no idea if your system meets the bare minimum requirements, but Octane has a Direct Lighting kernel which is pretty lightweight and renders quickly. There's a free tier for Daz which will allow you to see if it works out better for you. At the very least, you'd be able to continue working within Daz.
I've been thinking about trying out octane & also messing with surface lights & some of the things that can be done with that, Though really I haven't had time lately. Thanks for the feedback by the way.

As for migrating completely to Blender, I would if I could get the same assets there, but to rebuild my asset library in Blender would require remaking all the assets in Blender which would be months of painstaking sculpting & building. Plus posing in Blender is much more of a chore because of the way the bones are all rigged & everything, so I'd have to rebuild the entire pose library too. That's months of work that I just don't have it in me for. It's just easier to build the scene in DAZ, since all the assets & poses are there, then move it to Blender for me. Though that's not even really a viable option until I can figure out how to get the same realistic texture effects to translate over too.

Reactions: Ahjgfg and Domiek

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I've been thinking about trying out octane & also messing with surface lights & some of the things that can be done with that, Though really I haven't had time lately. Thanks for the feedback by the way.

As for migrating completely to Blender, I would if I could get the same assets there, but to rebuild my asset library in Blender would require remaking all the assets in Blender which would be months of painstaking sculpting & building. Plus posing in Blender is much more of a chore because of the way the bones are all rigged & everything, so I'd have to rebuild the entire pose library too. That's months of work that I just don't have it in me for. It's just easier to build the scene in DAZ, since all the assets & poses are there, then move it to Blender for me. Though that's not even really a viable option until I can figure out how to get the same realistic texture effects to translate over too.
I totally understand your hesitation. You're used to the way things are done in Daz, which is necessary due to the software limitations. Whether you use Blender or any other DCC, you'll run into the same frustrations because it requires time to mentally transition over to a completely new workflow.

Things like being dissatisfied with manual posing or feeling the need to have a large asset library all stems from being a Daz user first. I had a similar reaction when I first made the switch two years ago. Daz holds your hand by automatically taking care of many things in the background that we take for granted. After spending a few months learning Blender and how things are done there, I found it impossible to ever go back to Daz.

Only you know what's the best use of your time. Whenever I've had devs asking me if they should make the switch to Blender, I've hesitated to encourage them because it really is a huge time investment that may ultimately not be beneficial for their particular needs.

The only reason I recommended that you fully migrate over is because you're already using Blender to render your scenes. As you already know, it's a frustrating experience because you're essentially experiencing the lesser of both worlds.

I really hope Octane 's direct lighting will fit your needs as that seems like the ideal solution where you can work fully within Daz while also benefiting from faster renders.

If you do decide to dive deeper into Blender, feel free to use me as a resource.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I totally understand your hesitation. You're used to the way things are done in Daz, which is necessary due to the software limitations. Whether you use Blender or any other DCC, you'll run into the same frustrations because it requires time to mentally transition over to a completely new workflow.

Things like being dissatisfied with manual posing or feeling the need to have a large asset library all stems from being a Daz user first. I had a similar reaction when I first made the switch two years ago. Daz holds your hand by automatically taking care of many things in the background that we take for granted. After spending a few months learning Blender and how things are done there, I found it impossible to ever go back to Daz.

Only you know what's the best use of your time. Whenever I've had devs asking me if they should make the switch to Blender, I've hesitated to encourage them because it really is a huge time investment that may ultimately not be beneficial for their particular needs.

The only reason I recommended that you fully migrate over is because you're already using Blender to render your scenes. As you already know, it's a frustrating experience because you're essentially experiencing the lesser of both worlds.

I really hope Octane 's direct lighting will fit your needs as that seems like the ideal solution where you can work fully within Daz while also benefiting from faster renders.

If you do decide to dive deeper into Blender, feel free to use me as a resource.
I sincerely appreciate that, thank you. Honestly I wouldn't mind investing the time if I had it, because if nothing else, it's a great thing to put on my resume, & the more proficient I get with Blender, I do agree, it does appear to be the superior product. It's the linux to Daz's Windows. lol. Can do way more, far better & with less resources, but a wicked high learning curve & most of it you have to build yourself. & as a predominantly Linux user, (Usually Mint on my main machines, but I'm also tinkering with Arch variants like Garuda), I do appreciate that.

However in my situation, I'm actually only making games to begin with because I promised a friend I'd finish the game he started. I barely have any free time to do that even in DAZ. I have a full time, 40 hour per week job, I'm actually posting this on my lunch break, & a very busy personal life. I'm polyamorous, so I have a wife, 2 girlfriends that live with us & 7 kids between my own, ones I've had with them, & kids they already had with former partners that I've adopted, so my daily life is jam packed. So I have to take every shortcut I can while still reaching for the best quality I can manage.

I'd love to take you up on your offer to help. Honestly, maybe you can figure out how to work out some of these kinks. So if you look at the DAZ Iray original, you notice how the textures look more realistic & detailed? like with the hair, how the light reflects on the character's skin & clothes making it look more detailed & realistic, how the light cascades across the varnish on the table, how the standing girl's shoes are translucent, but in the Blender scenes all those details are lost, so they look flat & less detailed. I think that's because all the normals were inverted, because when I check them in blender, they are all red, but I can't seem to un-invert them. they just stay inverted. Would those levels of detail then present themselves in blender if I COULD un-invert those normals? & if so, How do I do it? Or is there any way to move the scene to blender without the normals inverting? If I could figure that part out, that would be AMAZING.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I sincerely appreciate that, thank you. Honestly I wouldn't mind investing the time if I had it, because if nothing else, it's a great thing to put on my resume, & the more proficient I get with Blender, I do agree, it does appear to be the superior product. It's the linux to Daz's Windows. lol. Can do way more, far better & with less resources, but a wicked high learning curve & most of it you have to build yourself. & as a predominantly Linux user, (Usually Mint on my main machines, but I'm also tinkering with Arch variants like Garuda), I do appreciate that.

However in my situation, I'm actually only making games to begin with because I promised a friend I'd finish the game he started. I barely have any free time to do that even in DAZ. I have a full time, 40 hour per week job, I'm actually posting this on my lunch break, & a very busy personal life. I'm polyamorous, so I have a wife, 2 girlfriends that live with us & 7 kids between my own, ones I've had with them, & kids they already had with former partners that I've adopted, so my daily life is jam packed. So I have to take every shortcut I can while still reaching for the best quality I can manage.

I'd love to take you up on your offer to help. Honestly, maybe you can figure out how to work out some of these kinks. So if you look at the DAZ Iray original, you notice how the textures look more realistic & detailed? like with the hair, how the light reflects on the character's skin & clothes making it look more detailed & realistic, how the light cascades across the varnish on the table, how the standing girl's shoes are translucent, but in the Blender scenes all those details are lost, so they look flat & less detailed. I think that's because all the normals were inverted, because when I check them in blender, they are all red, but I can't seem to un-invert them. they just stay inverted. Would those levels of detail then present themselves in blender if I COULD un-invert those normals? & if so, How do I do it? Or is there any way to move the scene to blender without the normals inverting? If I could figure that part out, that would be AMAZING.
It's kind of like driving a car. If you could get it to just move, you'd be able to go wherever you want. So I show you how to start it then you quickly realize you also need to learn how to steer. That's not enough though, the further you dive into it the more you need to learn and before long you're studying for the written test to get your license.

It's a similar situation here. I can show you how to flip normals. I can show you how to rebuild the shaders because auto-converted materials rarely look good between render engines. Before long you'll be balls deep trying to understand all the aspects of Blender that you need to manually adjust which Daz automatically did in the background.

Even if we focused on nothing other than manually converting the materials, you'd spend at least a few hours per render. Imagine having to redo this work every single time you import a new scene from Daz. That's why I keep stressing that the best option is to either fully commit to Blender or staying in Daz.

Those details you pointed out aren't lost, it's just all of the shaders are incorrectly auto converted. Understanding how node based shaders work will take a couple of days. Pretty much every render engine uses node based systems aside from Daz Iray. Daz actually uses nodes behind the scene but presents it as simple parameters for the user. I see that you've already dabbled with the materials section but all you did was essentially delete eye material by making it invisible.

I'm sorry if this isn't a satisfying answer but I can't stress enough how much work you'll have to do if you want assemble a scene in Daz and render in Blender.

I also just noticed in your OP that you export your scenes as obj. Have you tried importing your entire scene with Diffeomorphic? It auto converts all materials and correctly sets the normals. It's far from perfect but should be the fastest way to bring your scene into Blender without having to mess with any shaders. I know you wrote not to waste time with Diffeomorphic but it really is an incredible tool that I rely on heavily.

All you'd have to do is light your scene, setup the camera and render.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
It's kind of like driving a car. If you could get it to just move, you'd be able to go wherever you want. So I show you how to start it then you quickly realize you also need to learn how to steer. That's not enough though, the further you dive into it the more you need to learn and before long you're studying for the written test to get your license.

It's a similar situation here. I can show you how to flip normals. I can show you how to rebuild the shaders because auto-converted materials rarely look good between render engines. Before long you'll be balls deep trying to understand all the aspects of Blender that you need to manually adjust which Daz automatically did in the background.

Even if we focused on nothing other than manually converting the materials, you'd spend at least a few hours per render. Imagine having to redo this work every single time you import a new scene from Daz. That's why I keep stressing that the best option is to either fully commit to Blender or staying in Daz.

Those details you pointed out aren't lost, it's just all of the shaders are incorrectly auto converted. Understanding how node based shaders work will take a couple of days. Pretty much every render engine uses node based systems aside from Daz Iray. Daz actually uses nodes behind the scene but presents it as simple parameters for the user. I see that you've already dabbled with the materials section but all you did was essentially delete eye material by making it invisible.

I'm sorry if this isn't a satisfying answer but I can't stress enough how much work you'll have to do if you want assemble a scene in Daz and render in Blender.

I also just noticed in your OP that you export your scenes as obj. Have you tried importing your entire scene with Diffeomorphic? It auto converts all materials and correctly sets the normals. It's far from perfect but should be the fastest way to bring your scene into Blender without having to mess with any shaders. I know you wrote not to waste time with Diffeomorphic but it really is an incredible tool that I rely on heavily.

All you'd have to do is light your scene, setup the camera and render.
I mean I can give it another try, but I couldn't get it to link up with where I was storing the files. Though maybe if I just link it to where the .duf scenes are, it could work. As for figuring out the shaders & everything else, I'm good with spending some time figuring out how to modify those, because then I could just establish a workflow. For example, it took me days to figure out the lighting issues in blender, (with how it kept coming out looking fried), but once I did, & learned how to place lights fast with shift right click, then shift A, that became far easier. Once I know the steps, I can breeze through them pretty fast. So I mean if you're willing to walk me through fixing the shader & textures issues, so that I could get it on parity with what's in DAZ, I'd truly appreciate it. Once I know the way, it will make the workflow way faster for me.

I'll give difeomorphic another try after work though, might have better luck this time.

Carso150

Jul 26, 2017
if you want to learn to use diffeomorphic i seriously cant stop recomending this tutorial series

this one to export characters is a god send

blender is an insanely powerful tool and diffeomorphic can be confusing to use yes, there is a serious lack ot tutorials and documentation but once you get the idea of it its extremly useful, but it does eat a lot of ram so be careful about that specially because blender dies when you excede its ram limits

also btw your problem with the normals is insanely easy to fix, you just need to flip them which can be accomplished by... well just follow this tutorial

or this one

but imo the real problem with exporting Daz scenes into blender without diffeomorphic and why the scenes look soo flat isnt actually because of the flipped normals (but it doesnt really help) but because exporting the scene as an OBJ. puts some weird split custom normals which fuck with the scene, i know this because before using diffeomorphic i also exported the scenes by using that method and they looked weird, to fix that issue is necesary to clear the custom split normal data but at that point using diffeomorphic is easier

Last edited:

RenzloDRXXX

Feb 14, 2022
Don't bother if you expect to take genitals into unreal with this. Broken fucking product. hate these guys!!!!

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
if you want to learn to use diffeomorphic i seriously cant stop recomending this tutorial series

this one to export characters is a god send

blender is an insanely powerful tool and diffeomorphic can be confusing to use yes, there is a serious lack ot tutorials and documentation but once you get the idea of it its extremly useful, but it does eat a lot of ram so be careful about that specially because blender dies when you excede its ram limits

also btw your problem with the normals is insanely easy to fix, you just need to flip them which can be accomplished by... well just follow this tutorial

or this one

but imo the real problem with exporting Daz scenes into blender without diffeomorphic and why the scenes look soo flat isnt actually because of the flipped normals (but it doesnt really help) but because exporting the scene as an OBJ. puts some weird split custom normals which fuck with the scene, i know this because before using diffeomorphic i also exported the scenes by using that method and they looked weird, to fix that issue is necesary to clear the custom split normal data but at that point using diffeomorphic is easier
Thanks for the share.

I think i will learn Blender now. This seems useful and i didn't know that there is such large library of free assets.
So until i learn how to create it on my own, i will experiment with these.

At Blender runs also on Linux which is huge plus.