Daz how to make curtain move ?

xxBerSerKxx

Mar 14, 2022
Q for professionals: How do you make one or more lines for the curtain to move the way you want.
ps ( the curtain is one item as whole)

this is me tryin (the most time consuming i ever had btw) am looking for better way.
3.1.png

Last edited:

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
Use MeshGrabber to move/rotate parts.

Or Geometry Editor to delete all but 1 line of the curtain, then "Edit-Duplicate-Duplicate Node" that single line.
That way if you have 1 line in the correct shape, just duplicate it if you need another line in that same shape or close to it.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Maybe making the curtain a dynamic surface with a rather high stiffness, give the top row a dforce weight of zero to pin it so it doesn't fall down, animating the character to move through with a dforce simulation and manually fine-tune with mesh-grabber if necessary.
(You probably could also use dforce magnets instead of painting weight maps to pin the curtain at the top)

Last edited:
Reactions: xxBerSerKxx

xxBerSerKxx

Mar 14, 2022
Use MeshGrabber to move/rotate parts.

Or Geometry Editor to delete all but 1 line of the curtain, then "Edit-Duplicate-Duplicate Node" that single line.
That way if you have 1 line in the correct shape, just duplicate it if you need another line in that same shape or close to it.
i love your art btw.
i will try MeshGrabber , i used Geometry Editor just like you said but my problem was moving them around i tried D-FORM and the pic above was good i will say but am looking for another way beside dform.

Last edited:

xxBerSerKxx

Mar 14, 2022
Maybe making the curtain a dynamic surface with a rather high stiffness, give the top row a dforce weight of zero to pin it so it doesn't fall down, animating the character to move through with a dforce simulation and manually fine-tune with mesh-grabber if necessary.
(You probably could also use dforce magnets instead of painting weight maps to pin the curtain at the top)
i will try it hopefully way less time consuming than dform it.

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
i love your art btw.
i will try MeshGrabber , i used Geometry Editor just like you said but my problem was moving them around i tried D-FORM and the pic above was good i will say but am looking for another way beside dform.
Thanks.
I just though of this, may try rigging the lines.
Here are 2 links:

• Red Heart

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
SO you cant keep it within daz ?
You can definitely do it with Daz using mesh grabber or other methods, but the most straightforward is with sculpting using other software.

Zbrush is the most straightforward path as there's a zbrush/Daz bridge called goZ. Might have to pirate as zbrush is expensive.

You can also do it in Blender but transferring assets between that and Daz can get messy.

Getting used to a sculpting workflow can be a bit of a headache initially but it's worth the time investment. You will not only be able to do simple things like with this curtain, but also create your own character and clothes morphs which is super useful.

• Red Heart

xxBerSerKxx

Mar 14, 2022
You can definitely do it with Daz using mesh grabber or other methods, but the most straightforward is with sculpting using other software.

Zbrush is the most straightforward path as there's a zbrush/Daz bridge called goZ. Might have to pirate as zbrush is expensive.

You can also do it in Blender but transferring assets between that and Daz can get messy.

Getting used to a sculpting workflow can be a bit of a headache initially but it's worth the time investment. You will not only be able to do simple things like with this curtain, but also create your own character and clothes morphs which is super useful.
Domiek ,i love your game btw
i will keep it within daz. am try rigging the lines like BzPz said and use MeshGrabber and try the videos .
i cant deal with zbrush or blender at the moment.

and i need to do a research about what Marvellous Lunatic said coz i think its above my paygrade with animations.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Domiek