Daz Tutorial How to make transparent outfits in DAZ 3D

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks, I wanted to share a small trick for 3D rendering.

Part of the fun of making 3D renders is to play around with shaders to make our own materials.

I want to share how I turn anything I want into a "Transparent outfit". More experienced folks in our community might have better techniques, if you do, please don't hesitate to share it here.

In the past I would rely on "Geometry Opacity", but nowadays I would not recommend that, it will look a bit fake and the reflections will be drastically reduced. What I personally like to do these days is to use Latex shaders (or anything highly reflective/shiny/plastic). For example, something with High Glossy Reflectivity (~0.5), low Glossy Roughness (~0.25).

Then set Refraction Index to something low (~1.5) and Refraction Weight to something high (I used 75% in my example image below), Refraction color must be super bright. (In my example render I used full White, but if you want a "red transparent suit" for example, you want to set the Refraction color to be very very bright red, pretty much a pinkish white).

That's pretty much it!

Here's a demonstration of this technique: Left side is using Original textures. Right side has my modifications via shaders.

1700415128099.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope this will be helpful. Cheers!