Daz How to make walls invisible to let camera see through?

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
I have a scene where I want to take the pic of characters a bit farther but the wall is blocking and I can't remove the wall without removing the roof. So any solutions?

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
Many :)

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Many :)

yeah i am using that iray interior camera but the wall is still blocking it. Is there any setting I shud change?

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
the first vid is about using section planes yourself that should always work

or you remove the geometry itself as described in the second vid

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
What asset are you using? Depending on how its set up, you might be able to change the cutout opacity for just that one wall.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
This is the asset I am using->
Confirmed that my suggestion works for this asset. Click on the wall/ceiling object, go to surfaces. Assuming you want to look in from the balcony wall: click on ext-stucco and wall-living-window, turn their cutout opacities to 0%. If its the hall wall, do the same for wall-hall.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Confirmed that my suggestion works for this asset. Click on the wall/ceiling object, go to surfaces. Assuming you want to look in from the balcony wall: click on ext-stucco and wall-living-window, turn their cutout opacities to 0%. If its the hall wall, do the same for wall-hall.
I got it. Thanks so much!

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Btw any tips to fasten up render in this map? I have a 4090 but to render three characters in the hall, its taking me 30 mins plus. I am rendering at 4k, quality =1, convergence =95 and max samples and time set to max. Does turning off parts of map not in the render help?

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Btw any tips to fasten up render in this map? I have a 4090 but to render three characters in the hall, its taking me 30 mins plus. I am rendering at 4k, quality =1, convergence =95 and max samples and time set to max. Does turning off parts of map not in the render help?
It definitely helps to turn off parts that aren't in view of the camera.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Lighting conditions, texture sizes, etc... Lots will affect it. But 30 mins for a render with good lighting and multiple characters is pretty good.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Lighting conditions, texture sizes, etc... Lots will affect it. But 30 mins for a render with good lighting and multiple characters is pretty good.
oh i saw many talking about rendering in 5 to 15 mins. So I wanted to know if mine was slowing down due to the map. If thats the case then much can't be done without compromising the quality i guess.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
oh i saw many talking about rendering in 5 to 15 mins. So I wanted to know if mine was slowing down due to the map. If thats the case then much can't be done without compromising the quality i guess.
Well, the more..aeh.. crap you pack in the longer it will take.
So i have a scene where i have smoke in it. It will take a long time. Even with section plane. Though you could do that with post work i suppose.
If you are using a section plane camera, it will really help to reduce the render time. Though there is a learning curve as well.
But the major thing that will tax the system are surely the figure itself with all the assets you sticking on it and how large and customized the room is.
A simple room shouldn't take long on its own. A basic figure the same. So everything combined will cost you time. I consider an hour reasonable for rendering. Really detailed shots can, i heard, even take several hours.
30 minutes seems ok to me.
Taken a "picture" in scene can take a long time since it's more closeup i suppose. However you could do that same probably using a already rendered image and use some filters from a photo software.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Well, the more..aeh.. crap you pack in the longer it will take.
So i have a scene where i have smoke in it. It will take a long time. Even with section plane. Though you could do that with post work i suppose.
If you are using a section plane camera, it will really help to reduce the render time. Though there is a learning curve as well.
But the major thing that will tax the system are surely the figure itself with all the assets you sticking on it and how large and customized the room is.
A simple room shouldn't take long on its own. A basic figure the same. So everything combined will cost you time. I consider an hour reasonable for rendering. Really detailed shots can, i heard, even take several hours.
30 minutes seems ok to me.
Taken a "picture" in scene can take a long time since it's more closeup i suppose. However you could do that same probably using a already rendered image and use some filters from a photo software.
whats the difference in using sectionn plane camera and iray camera? or they the same? just bit confused cuz new to this

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
whats the difference in using sectionn plane camera and iray camera? or they the same? just bit confused cuz new to this
section plane camera is a camera that section planes around it. Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Back. so everything around it will be cut out.
Creating a section plane only cuts one side where ever you place it.
So in a sense with a camera you have a smaller space you cover visibly. The space you looking at.
I do that now as it saves time but there is much to learn.
Take a look at this thread. There actually many more but thats where i learned a lot.
Best render settings for game?
https://f95zone.to/threads/best-render-settings-for-game.140560/post-9619004
this is a link to a free cam.

I am not a pro or even that knowledgeable as i learn it myself now. But it can help to get thing a little quicker done.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
section plane camera is a camera that section planes around it. Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Back. so everything around it will be cut out.
Creating a section plane only cuts one side where ever you place it.
So in a sense with a camera you have a smaller space you cover visibly. The space you looking at.
I do that now as it saves time but there is much to learn.
Take a look at this thread. There actually many more but thats where i learned a lot.
Best render settings for game?
https://f95zone.to/threads/best-render-settings-for-game.140560/post-9619004
this is a link to a free cam.

I am not a pro or even that knowledgeable as i learn it myself now. But it can help to get thing a little quicker done.
ah i was the op in that thread xD...Well I downloaded and used the iray camera as it is but the render time was the same. Am I missing something or should I tinker with some setting?

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
Use the selector tool (arrow) to click on the wall, it will become highlighted in the scene browser, then just hide it. Easiest way.

You can also go into the surfaces with the part selected and turn the cutout opacity to 0%.