Daz How to make walls invisible to let camera see through?

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Use the selector tool (arrow) to click on the wall, it will become highlighted in the scene browser, then just hide it. Easiest way.

You can also go into the surfaces with the part selected and turn the cutout opacity to 0%.
Yeah someone above helped me with the question in this thread with the same solution. Thx anyway :D

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Use the selector tool (arrow) to click on the wall, it will become highlighted in the scene browser, then just hide it. Easiest way.

You can also go into the surfaces with the part selected and turn the cutout opacity to 0%.
Unfortunately, they can't just hide parts in that asset. I use it in my game and if I could go back in time, I wouldn't have picked it. It's overly complicated and too many things are tied together. For example, if you try to hide a wall, you end up hiding like half the scene. Also, they did weird shit like instance the taps in the bathroom, and tie them in with stuff from the bathroom. So if you try and hide the bathroom (which almost nobody uses in this asset because it's a badly done bathroom) you end up losing the taps in the kitchen.

The cutout opacity works though and so does the Iray camera. I have several variations of this asset saved with various parts removed.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
ah i was the op in that thread xD...Well I downloaded and used the iray camera as it is but the render time was the same. Am I missing something or should I tinker with some setting?
lol

Well, i think that is it actually. Perhaps you already have the best setting then.
So if it's 15 minutes (best render setting) then i take it. Dunno your scene but in mine it works quicker.

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
Unfortunately, they can't just hide parts in that asset. I use it in my game and if I could go back in time, I wouldn't have picked it. It's overly complicated and too many things are tied together. For example, if you try to hide a wall, you end up hiding like half the scene. Also, they did weird shit like instance the taps in the bathroom, and tie them in with stuff from the bathroom. So if you try and hide the bathroom (which almost nobody uses in this asset because it's a badly done bathroom) you end up losing the taps in the kitchen.

The cutout opacity works though and so does the Iray camera. I have several variations of this asset saved with various parts removed.
Yeesh, I skipped some of the posits in the thread. Sounds like a pretty terrible asset :(