Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
- Download and install XnConvert (installer or portable) -
-Open the program and in the Input tab:
Add files (for individual or selective images)
Folder (for batch, will add all the images contained in that folder and subfolders)
-Switch to Output tab:
first make sure to select a different Folder destination
under Filename if you wish to retain the exact same name chose {Filename}_result and delete _result
under the Format options box select JPG/JPEG / JFIF with these settings:
Quality - 80 (most optimal, feel free to experiment if unhappy with the quality output)
Optimize Huffman table
DCT Method - Slow
Smoothing factor - 0
Subsampling factor - 2x2, 1x1, 1x1 (default)
Rebuild embedded EXIF thumbnail

under Options box use these settings:
If output already exist - Ask
Keep folder structure / Keep parent folder (use this to keep the structure of files in the folder and subfolders, practical for games optimization, just dont forget to re-add the transparency pngs, or big artwork collections)
Preserve metadata (don't use it if you don't wish to retain copyright or personal info)

-
Press Convert button

Example
eg.png

Image help

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG

Last edited:

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
XnConvert is a fast, powerful and free cross-platform batch image converter. It allows to automate editing of your photo collections: you can rotate, convert and compress your images, photos and pictures easily, and apply over 80 actions (like resize, crop, color adjustments, filter, ...). All common picture and graphics formats are supported (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WebP, PSD, JPEG2000, JPEG-XL, OpenEXR, camera RAW, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2). You can save and re-use your presets for another batch image conversion.

There is a Downloads and Purchase section. Unless it was free for F95? Oh shit! My bad!

I answered because the title is not right, it's fucked up.

mav99

Jun 8, 2020

I'll one up ya. Sadly unfinished but a great program although limited to Webp,Jpeg(Mozjpeg) Avif and JPEG-XL it is multi-threaded and faster than xnconvert and allows me to use day of compiled binaries in recursive batch conversion. Xnconvert is still using Jpeg-xl 0.6 for example and that codec(the image standard of the future) is moving fast and I have 0.7909 using megapixel-qt. Xnconvert is still using webp 1.20 while I use webp 1.22c with megapixel-qt. More limited in scope but far more robust in conversion including adding custom command line commands in batch. Anyways try it out and hopefully get on the dev to finish it!

Reactions: asdoiuqwe847