How to play RPGM for raspberry pi 4

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Ho there

Just wanna ask if somebody knows how to run RPGM Games on raspberry pi 4. I'm able to play renpy games in rpi4 so I thought, maybe it's also possible to play RPGM games as well.

Thank you very much to anyone who could guide me if it's possible :D

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I don't have a Raspberry, but Raspberry Pi OS is derived from Debian, so I guess some tricks for Linux are still valid.

I can play MV games natively like that: I download and extract NWjs.io, then I move the "www" folder and the "package.js" file from the game into the nwjs folder. Finally I launch the game (double click the nw file or open a terminal and type ./nw .).
The unofficial binaries for your processor can be found . They are for ARM7 but they should still be compatible. Most recent versions have bad performances, try v0.44 or older.
See also this thread (the binaries linked in the thread are NOT for ARM processors, of course).

Assuming that Python is already installed in your OS, you have another option that doesn't require NW.js. Just open the "www" folder of the game in a terminal and type:
Code:
python3 -m http.server --bind 127.0.0.1 8080
then open your browser, visit the page and play the game.
You cannot physically save the game on your pc, but your progress will be stored in the browser cache.
Assign a different number to each game (possibly greater than 8000) and you're good.

On Linux some games may crash because file names are case sensitive, but this shouldn't be an issue on your OS.

For older game engines (RPG Maker 2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace), I have no clue. They are Windows 32-bit applications, I suppose you need an emulator or a virtual machine. I have only found . Or you could install Android and use one of these apps. :unsure:

Last edited:

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
thanks for the tip... I'm thinking of using twister OS and try my luck on box86 :giggle:
and hopefully, I can play unity games as well!

Reactions: scrumbles