Daz How to render iray not too real

trananh404

Jul 26, 2021
I'm starting to use daz3d, but iray renders the image too real and I don't want that. So how can I render like image 2

image 1 (i render with iray):

aa.png

image 2 : in game Harem hotel
linwor1.jpg

Reactions: Soulonus

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Well, perhaps you're using the wrong tool - most of the assets for Daz Studio are specifically designed to render in a photorealistic manner.

However, there are a few things you can try:
  • Use either the Filament or the 3Delight renderer instead of iRay. These are less photorealistic. They're also a good bit faster.
  • Modify your assets. One of the reasons that the iRay renders are more photorealistic is that the assets tend to have very detailed textures and shaders associated with them. Turn off things like normal maps and bump maps. Turn off Sub-Surface Scattering (SSS). And possibly other changes. These will make the skins look "flatter" and more "plastic."
  • In an extreme case, there are specialized add-ons to Daz that will give the results a more "cartoony" look. You may be able to use these "not to their full extent" to flatten out the colors somewhat.

• Red Heart
Reactions: trananh404

Soulonus

Dec 23, 2021
So do you think I should use part 1 or part 2?
The main difference is how the renders look, and again that's up to your preference.

AFAIK Harem Hotel uses HS1.

HS2 renders are slightly more 'realistic' with the shading and subsurface scattering.

You can look at examples from both and decide for yourself

I suggest going with the Better Repack versions (a google and you will find them) for both

Last edited:

trananh404

Jul 26, 2021
The main difference is how the renders look, and again that's up to your preference.

AFAIK Harem Hotel uses HS1.

HS2 renders are slightly more 'realistic' with the shading and subsurface scattering.

You can look at examples from both and decide for yourself

I suggest going with the Better Repack versions (a google and you will find them) for both
Thank you very much, I am starting to download HS2.

Reactions: Soulonus