Daz How to search for a figure?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I am just wondering.
Is it possible to search with an image somewhere so you perhaps get the figure you are looking for? Like the reverse image search?
Most females seem to be based on some real female. So shouldn't it possible to search for it in some ways?

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
I am just wondering.
Is it possible to search with an image somewhere so you perhaps get the figure you are looking for? Like the reverse image search?
Most females seem to be based on some real female. So shouldn't it possible to search for it in some ways?
On the official Daz forums, there's a thread (I think it's so big it's split in several) for that. Which daz char is based on which celeb.

EDIT:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
On the official Daz forums, there's a thread (I think it's so big it's split in several) for that. Which daz char is based on which celeb.
Not really a celeb. I don't care about them too much.
In my case i was looking for a model. Suzie Q from OnlyTease. Oh man, that sounds already strange, doesn't it.
Anyway, i found this softwar FaceGen which cost a whopping $130 dollar. All i really care is the head part.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Sep 16, 2019
Not really a celeb. I don't care about them too much.

In my case i was looking for a model. Suzie Q from OnlyTease. Oh man, that sounds already strange, doesn't it.

Anyway, i found this softwar FaceGen which cost a whopping $130 dollar. All i really care is the head part.
If you're not already aware you'll find all sorts of goodies with a search in the Assets thread
https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/
And if you can't find it there then put in a request
https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-requests.96/

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
If you're not already aware you'll find all sorts of goodies with a search in the Assets thread
https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/
And if you can't find it there then put in a request
https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-requests.96/
Well, yes. But i think what i am looking for no one has made.
I thank you for the sharing though. It is really sometimes hard to find what you are looking for. Another problem is, that they of course have not the name you are thinking but some fantasy name.

Sep 16, 2019
Well, yes. But i think what i am looking for no one has made.
I thank you for the sharing though. It is really sometimes hard to find what you are looking for. Another problem is, that they of course have not the name you are thinking but some fantasy name.
Yeah, as Nicke mentioned, unfortunately if the character is based on a real person it's usually a celeb and by a different name. If you were looking for a celeb you can search for their real name and, as long as someone has commented on the real name in the thread it will come up in the search as long as you don't select "titles only" in the search criteria. Not much I can help with other than to wish you luck .

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Yeah, as Nicke mentioned, unfortunately if the character is based on a real person it's usually a celeb and by a different name. If you were looking for a celeb you can search for their real name and, as long as someone has commented on the real name in the thread it will come up in the search as long as you don't select "titles only" in the search criteria. Not much I can help with other than to wish you luck .
Nah, that is ok.

I tried that program. So so. It does give you something like it but not really. I am not sure if this is the same that is within DAZ. I tried once the DAZ version and it was pretty ok.
The best is to model it yourself. Probably have to go Blender route.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
in my opinion, the sad truth is that Facegen is pretty rubbish. There is, at this stage, no automated way to turn a single still image into a good 3d head morph + skin material. There has been some AI demos that produce interesting output but there's nothing available to hobbyists and/or will work with the common tools like Daz or blender.