RPGM How to translate customized menus in RPG Maker MV

SaveTheData

May 31, 2020
So, I'm currently translating games here and there using Translator++.
It's not too difficult to use, though having to type out a character's name for each dialogue box they have can become a little monotonous.

I've translated two games recently (or demo/trial versions, as I'm trying to ease myself into it), but both of these games had menu/interface icons
I couldn't access through Translator++.

I figured they weren't default menu items, and that they were made with a plugin/custom script, so you wouldn't be able to access them through the /data folder (which Translator++ defaults to).

Is there a way to get Translator++ to access folders other than the /data one?
Or, if there is a way to translate customized menus directly, even, that would be fine.

I really want to be able to release games without having to add a side note that I haven't been able to translate menu/interface elements every time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: ShamanLab

Bossburnz

Sep 2, 2018
Same I also need to translate the menu cause i was translating a (russian) rpgm into english.

SaveTheData

May 31, 2020
Thanks for the reply!
Literally just found this out as I was translating Female Knight Rasia, by GapTax.
For custom menus that have been created with a plugin you need to open the plugins file in the www>JS folder with notepad.
It comes out very messy, but you can use CTRL+F to find the text you need to change.