How to translate games made with SRPG Studio Game Engine?

D-us

Nov 12, 2019
Can someone tell me some program that helps me unzip or translate games made with SRPG Studio Game Engine

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Don't think there is a translation program but I found a extractor. No idea if it works on every game or even works at all but here you go.

Reactions: D-us

D-us

Nov 12, 2019
Don't think there is a translation program but I found a extractor. No idea if it works on every game or even works at all but here you go.
I already saw that extractor, but I don't know how to use it ...

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
First go to releases and download the srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar file along with the key.bin file.

Next you are going to want to install java since you are using a jar file and will be running this through a command prompt.

Follow the command instructions while using command prompt.
Usage

unpack:

java -jar srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --target targetFile --unpack [--output outputPath]

decrypt or encrypt

java -jar srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --target targetFile [--key keyFile]

generate key need two file(big enough) which one is encrypt and other one is decrypt:

java -jar srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --generate encryptFile decryptFile [--output outputPath]

Try this and if you are still lost I'll see if I can help you.

Reactions: akuuuu4

Kazenomaru

Dec 20, 2019
First go to releases and download the srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar file along with the key.bin file.

Next you are going to want to install java since you are using a jar file and will be running this through a command prompt.

Usage

unpack:

java -jar srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --target targetFile --unpack [--output outputPath]

decrypt or encrypt

generate key need two file(big enough) which one is encrypt and other one is decrypt:

java -jar srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --generate encryptFile decryptFile [--output outputPath]

I looked into that and it seems all the files are corrupted. Anyone know a solution?

Snow972

Dec 4, 2017

Usage

unpack:

decrypt or encrypt

I have this error :/
1589650571859.png

demerak

Jan 3, 2018
hi i have a problem trying to use the extractor ia hve a line
Thanks for replying, I managed to operate it was just a problem with permissions :D
HI, i have the same problem can you tell me how you fix the problem please, Thank you

Snow972

Dec 4, 2017
hi i have a problem trying to use the extractor ia hve a line

HI, i have the same problem can you tell me how you fix the problem please, Thank you
1590089498997.png

In the "yellow" you have to put the full path where the .jar is
(avoid spaces in the folders otherwise the error will appear)

after that another error arises that I don't know how to solve "red"

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
View attachment 665780

In the "yellow" you have to put the full path where the .jar is
(avoid spaces in the folders otherwise the error will appear)

after that another error arises that I don't know how to solve "red"
OutputPath needs to be a set location where you want to put the end result. example --output c:/user/documents/my translation here.

Snow972

Dec 4, 2017
OutputPath needs to be a set location where you want to put the end result. example --output c:/user/documents/my translation here.
I tried again and the same error appears.

this is my code:
java -jar E:\SuccubusSenki\srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --target E:\SuccubusSenki\game.exe --unpack [--output E:\]

Snow972

Dec 4, 2017
I have it, you must decrypt it and then extract it
example:

decrypt:
java -jar E:\SuccubusSenki\srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --target E:\SuccubusSenki\data.dts --key E:\SuccubusSenki\key.bin

unpack:
java -jar E:\SuccubusSenki\srpgstudio-extractor-0.1.jar --target E:\SuccubusSenki\data.dts --key E:\SuccubusSenki\key.bin

Still I couldn't get him to give me the dialogues, I guess I have to do more..

Reactions: tbstbs1

TrickyL

Aug 18, 2017
Not currently and from my understanding it will be a pain to extract. In development the dialogue is stored in the .srpgs project file which on release is stored in the data.dts file. However, from what I saw after doing binary comparisons, the stored project file seems to have some elements ordered differently to the development file, so it isn't a simple matter of just extracting it. Also the format itself isn't fixed length so you need to parse it to find the stuff which needs to be reordered.