• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool RPGM How to Translate RPG Maker VX Ace games?

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
Can Any body please tell me how I can translate a RPG Maker VX Ace game that is encrypted?:unsure:

eliasstein

Mar 5, 2019
You can decrypt the game using Garbro and after that translate it with rpg maker i think.

Sorry for my poor english

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Can Any body please tell me how I can translate a RPG Maker VX Ace game that is encrypted?:unsure:
First you need to decrypt the game. To do this I personally use program I attached below. It is easy to use and does the job. Once you extract the files from the encrypted file it will end up in a file labeled "extract" take the contents of extract and put it in the games main directory. Now If you are going to translate the game as well you need to delete the .rgss file as well as if you don't the game will ignore the extracted files and it will still show in Japanese.

Once you have done those above steps, you just need to chose the translation program of your choice and get to work. If you have any further questions feel free to ask, I know my way around translating VX Ace pretty well.

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
First you need to decrypt the game. To do this I personally use program I attached below. It is easy to use and does the job. Once you extract the files from the encrypted file it will end up in a file labeled "extract" take the contents of extract and put it in the games main directory. Now If you are going to translate the game as well you need to delete the .rgss file as well as if you don't the game will ignore the extracted files and it will still show in Japanese.

Once you have done those above steps, you just need to chose the translation program of your choice and get to work. If you have any further questions feel free to ask, I know my way around translating VX Ace pretty well.
Been using the rpg decrypter for awhile now, its really great(y)

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hi, how do i do this stuff, im trying to put the data.rar in the game to translate the one who made the translated files is him, so where do i put this data.rar file the game is "love love buddy" and i heard about this "grss" thingy but ive seen that he said about changing the name, or otherwise it wouldnt work like u said but in here u said delete it. Im verry sory for my english
Peruse this guide made by some awesome dude that goes over pretty much all of that and more.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-better...-guide-to-translating-with-the-machine.62067/