Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Unfortunately you ran into one of many games which takes an extra skill set to work on. I was interested in uncensoring a few flash games not too long ago, and after realizing that it involves individually editing thousands of images for their respective frame, I said hell no.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I prefer my mental sanity intact. When you find a game where the mosaic / censor is not a shader, or post process, it is instantly 100x more difficult to remove it because it's baked into every frame.

I haven't tried opening other Unity games and their assets within SBU3, I know I was forced into using it to make some modifications for some Illusion mod at some point, but after that I've never needed it. As I said to the other user who brought it up, it's a massive modder's resource... which includes the learning curve involved with using it.

You can also take a look at post #10, which has the spoiler attached showing the officially supported game meant for SBU3. This was pulled directly from the HF thread. So if you use that program to modify any other game, it shouldn't be a big surprise if you wind up with some problems.
While it is harder to uncensor games that have it directly on the image, you could save a lot of time by just tweening the animations using keyframes rather than trying to uncensor more images than necessary. Just a thought that came to mind thats all.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
While it is harder to uncensor games that have it directly on the image, you could save a lot of time by just tweening the animations using keyframes rather than trying to uncensor more images than necessary. Just a thought that came to mind thats all.
In other words, rebuild the animations? Still a lot of work, and unless the modder is art savvy, this could come out looking terrible.
I also don't know the first thing about actually building flash games, nor do I have a flash builder. Likewise I don't have the patience to learn all of that. In these cases I will lurk around and see if someone else has done the work xD

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So I've been examining the code of a game I recently uncensored called Warrior Girl by KooooN Soft and I'm trying to figure out another method for uncensoring unity games. I made a discovery regarding how the mosaic shaders work when theres no blocksize and theres property values RGBA otherwise known as Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha. Alpha is responsible for transparency of a shader so lets say you come across such a type of shader like this one.
before.PNG
You will want to modify that code I highlighted above to 0.000000 in order to make the shader transparent as shown below.
after.PNG
Sadly this is not complete as this kind of shader is referencing another part of the program I have yet to find and alter. The mosaic field is also referenced in another asset file but its the same thing but theres still something thats clearly missing because simply modding this and doing nothing else just crashes the game.

Btw Prick, you should add that hex editing thing to the tutorial I explained earlier. I imagine it will prove useful for many. :happyblush

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Btw Prick, you should add that hex editing thing to the tutorial I explained earlier. I imagine it will prove useful for many. :happyblush
I will add that, but I need to provide evidence that it works on multiple games first.
I know how to do it which is helpful, even if it's just an alternate method.
I'll have to do some experimenting to see if this is a workaround, if the material mosaic can't be edited. But I'm assuming the hex edit effectively uses the exact same "blocksize" line you would edit from UABE. I'll have to try it on a few games though.

Reactions: forbidden101v

Michael Bauer

May 3, 2018
I prefer my mental sanity intact. When you find a game where the mosaic / censor is not a shader, or post process, it is instantly 100x more difficult to remove it because it's baked into every frame
Yeah, true dat. I censored some doujinshis some time ago and it was a massive pain in the ass. I am not drawing in my free time either so it's not worth it getting better at drawing dicks and vaginas. :D

You can also take a look at post #10, which has the spoiler attached showing the officially supported game meant for SBU3. This was pulled directly from the HF thread. So if you use that program to modify any other game, it shouldn't be a big surprise if you wind up with some problems.
Yeah, also true. But it could display the image correctly, just extracting it broke something. Do you know a program where we are able to browse and instantly seeing the images + correctly extract those? UABE does not show any preview thumbnails, sadly.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Do you know a program where we are able to browse and instantly seeing the images + correctly extract those?
I do not, I believe you need to open the project inside of Unity to actually see the assets, if that's even possible.
UABE would be way nicer if you could extract in batches instead of individually. :\

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Found this today. Changing the values have been doing nothing!! I'm stumped on this one for now :b

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Perhaps you saw what I saw, perhaps not. There is a line for "_MosaSize" which had me confused when I first saw it.
I have tried to change the value of this and block size in a number of ways to no effect.

If this line proves to be any use, I will be adding it to the guide as reference.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Yeah, also true. But it could display the image correctly, just extracting it broke something. Do you know a program where we are able to browse and instantly seeing the images + correctly extract those? UABE does not show any preview thumbnails, sadly.

Check this shit out if you haven't already. Just tried it, works amazing for locating textures.

Reactions: Michael Bauer

tempjr

Nov 23, 2017
I've made limited success with but not sure it's even worth it as the pussy textures are just coloured blobs anyway. The first trick didn't work so I went looking for an alpha textured material as per the third trick. There's one of hearts with a transparent background which lets you see stuff (what little there is to see) but you also get the hearts of course. The mosaic is a textured box around the crotch area and I reckon it's part of each model but I could be wrong. The default material is white so that's no good and removing the mosaic material entirely just leaves you with missing texture purple. After that I gave up.
It's not like anyone else even has this game anyway! is it any good? Eh, could be. I mean the premise is cool- shoot clothes off of highschool girls with an uzi. If you miss they jump on your face and there's a cut-scene... If only the execution was better and Japan wasn't such a pain the arse, nonsense country. Yes, I know censorship is the missionaries' fault but c'mon!

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
. . .Yes, I know censorship is the missionaries' fault but c'mon!
Same game data from post #30. I'm stumped on that game as well, probably requires C# edits.
Every time I've tried to change the colors of the mosaic shader, or straight up delete it, it results with missing textures or otherwise undesired effects. Good luck if you keep cracking at it.

grv888

Aug 5, 2016
It's from the game 7days girl friend, but im not find a mosaicfield only this and mosaix editor i remove them and nothing happens.
upd: nvm i found ;)but it's still not work (

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
It's from the game 7days girl friend, but im not find a mosaicfield only this and mosaix editor i remove them and nothing happens.
upd: nvm i found ;)but it's still not work (
Actually, I've been working on that game.
The censor is baked into the texture files.

I've managed to edit the mosaics out of the extracted images, but the textures in game appear completely grey after I import them.
Still working on it.

grv888

Aug 5, 2016
1546731966804.png i did it find a way to decensor this is game with two mosaic fields.
Spend much time to figure out what i need to change.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
i did it find a way to decensor this is game with two mosaic fields.
Spend much time to figure out what i need to change.
Yep, if you can locate a shader which handles the mosaic, you can edit the referenced material to make it disappear, so long as you know how to edit the text file produced from the material. In which case you don't need to delete or edit the shader at all. This is where my problems are, when the dump doesn't contain "blocksize", it's left with slimmer, or at least vague options. Once my methods run out, it's a blind search for anything that works.

At the moment with the 7 days gf game, I'm trying to import the textures to replace the originals. Except the textures appear 100% grey after loading them in. Because I'm not the developer, I have no idea what the proper format is, which means I get to pick and choose several hundred different ways to import the textures, save the asset, and test. I got bored, so that may be a dead project.

iiarfgee

Feb 25, 2018
Hey everyone new kid here, I registered just to post this.

Thanks for this wonderful post, you showed me the way! (y)

Here I would like to contribute by describing a method, and a successful case of uncensoring a game that has a "Mosaic" named material file but with NO "_BlockSize" (The game was "The twilight of the tentacles" in my case)

From the "Mosaic" dump file, I noticed the variable "m_PathID = 185", this points us to the entry number 185 from PathIDs.
It was a unnamed asset. After exporting dump variables with very suspicious names appeared. I then changed all of the "blend" related variables from 1 and 15 to 0, hopefully disabling the mosaic censoring.

And... it worked perfectly!
I know very little about Unity, but I suppose the trick here is to look for hits of dependency of other entries/files.

I hope this helps for other games as well! ;)

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
I hope this helps for other games as well! ;)
Thank you for your appreciation, and for the additional method. If it proves to be effective (multiple games) you will see it added to the guide at some point. The blocksize method is pretty much the easiest / least work route for uncensoring. Yours has a couple extra steps but it's very much the same process.

It's quite possible the shader you modified only needed one of it's values changed to 0 to effectively hide the mosaic. I see no reason to assume all of them must be set to 0, but if it works it works lol. If I had to guess, I would say it's anything related to the alpha (transparency) values.

I will be doing some testing. If this works, then you have solved the missing blocksize problem, and have my gratitude!

iiarfgee

Feb 25, 2018
The blocksize method is pretty much the easiest / least work route for uncensoring
of course, I resorted to that only because there is no "_Blocksize"... which is why I replied in the first place. Like you said, it's just way easier if blocksize is available

I see no reason to assume all of them must be set to 0, but if it works it works lol.
I don't understand the shader logic from the dump pile, and thus every single variable that might possibly be involved in shader rendering is better to be disabled by setting them to zero. But hey, if you are interested perhaps you can try looking into the game too. Would be great if we could figure out some cleaner solutions!