how to use live2d in games

jukeboom

May 17, 2017
I recently noticed how great some animations are when the art is enhanced with live2d. Anyone used this before and could point me in the right direction?
I assume live2d with unity is the way to go?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I assume live2d with unity is the way to go?
Ren'py also have support for live2D.

But anyone who decide to use live2D should first take the time to read everything regarding the subscription. Their say that, "Upon purchase of a subscription plan by the Customer, Live2D grants the Customer the right to use PRO version of the Software and accompanying services during Subscription Term (as hereinafter defined) in accordance with this Agreement and the terms listed on the Webpage".
I don't know live2D and therefore can not be affirmative on the subject, but it looks like the day you stop paying the subscription, you've to also remove all your games from the market. By itself it's not a problem, the yearly fee starting at US$ 129.55/year, what isn't this much. Yet, it's more than what (more or less) half of the authors on Patreon earn yearly.

Reactions: jukeboom

jukeboom

May 17, 2017
oh wow thank you very much for that. How do some others add such functionality then? Like this can't be the way for most, especially if there is such a large upfront fee before you can make money with it.