Unity HS2 Rip to Unity

Sagisu

Nov 12, 2017
Hey. I'd like to use HS2 assets in my game and got some questions for those more familiar with ripping games.

I'm trying to get out of HS2 two things:
  • animations: those are tricky because every bundle that looks interesting has only `AnimationClips` assets and no `Animators`, so I can't easily export it using tutorials I found. Is it possible to get them in some way?
  • characters: I know it's possible to extract each model part, materials and combine everything using eg. Blender... but yea - most ppl are using ripping exacly for that: to use in Blender... but is it possible to get whole character meshes or even maybe prefabs?

I feel like noone has done or even tried things like that...

SHSStudio

Jan 12, 2024
Hey. I'd like to use HS2 assets in my game and got some questions for those more familiar with ripping games.

I'm trying to get out of HS2 two things:
  • animations: those are tricky because every bundle that looks interesting has only `AnimationClips` assets and no `Animators`, so I can't easily export it using tutorials I found. Is it possible to get them in some way?
  • characters: I know it's possible to extract each model part, materials and combine everything using eg. Blender... but yea - most ppl are using ripping exacly for that: to use in Blender... but is it possible to get whole character meshes or even maybe prefabs?

I feel like noone has done or even tried things like that...
Maybe.

Unity just export Animation Clips, and not Animation Sources. Makes no Sence.
All needet in a exportet Project, are the "Clips" because: you do not export all Sources with the Clips.
This is bound to the Avatar System.

Avatar Systeme are used by Game Charakters.

Shortly: if you want to move Unity other ppl work, to own work (???) than it s a long Way to go.

"Charakters" need to be inside in an FBX Format.
But you cant export "Assets" or whole "Prefabs". This is not the Point to go.
A finished software, is a finished Software, and if it s not have some Modification "Welcomes" inside,
it s just not made to be moved to other game Engines.

... Most question is what you want to do ?
some "Robbing Off Spin Off ?"
Some "Modification ?"

for what you have the goal to use this content ?

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
It can be done. I got it to work with a project I'm working on. A lot tinkering needs to be done.

I can get every animations from HS2 to work inside Unity as well as the models Including altering the body morphs of the characters, seperating the clothes to fit over any HS2 character shapes. Had to build my own shaders for some stuff. I know of one other developer doing this but I'm doing a bit different to them. I'm skipping out on blender and importing straight to unity.

If you are interested I'm happy to share my knowledge.

Pics below of HS2 models working inside a unity project.

1707900758113.png 1707901594158.png

Last edited:

gdtiti

Jan 3, 2021
你能分享一个演示项目来学习吗?尤其是您自己开发的着色器和示例。

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
你能分享一个演示项目来学习吗?尤其是您自己开发的着色器和示例。
If I find time to make example project I will. But here is some other places you can start looking into.

I'm using URP unity 2022, HS2 uses SRP unity 4 or 5? If you use Unity SRP I think you can find their actual shaders somewhere for unity. There was a project with all the stuff you need for SRP from the Illusion modding community.

I don't know much about it as I went with URP and didn't use any of there tools. If you want to use URP I would suggest you get for a starting shader. You will need to rip the Albedo skin textures with SB3 utility and not greymesh. Normals and occlusion maps will need swizzling.

My custom shaders mainly take care of overlay details like eyebrows, nipples and what not. These textures need unique UV mapping and tiling.

Reactions: gdtiti

Sagisu

Nov 12, 2017
Hey Disturbium, sorry I didn't answer - I didn't get notice. Of course I'm interested. I guess it's probably huge amount to work using rippers and so on I guess. I'm usually also using URP, but I can probably handle shaders or use some custom ones from other projects / assets.
How can you get those animations that's bothering me.. I know how to get models, but everything ends in patching up in Blender and it's a bit of work.

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
Hey Disturbium, sorry I didn't answer - I didn't get notice. Of course I'm interested. I guess it's probably huge amount to work using rippers and so on I guess. I'm usually also using URP, but I can probably handle shaders or use some custom ones from other projects / assets.
How can you get those animations that's bothering me.. I know how to get models, but everything ends in patching up in Blender and it's a bit of work.

My current methods to export the characters I want with Grey Mesh export for HS2 Studio. Use that for the model and to get the Animations I use from SB3Utility inside HS2 Better Repack [Modding Tools] to extract Unity Animations.

In SB3Utility you need 2 things. The body mesh and Animators. Goto file and get this these 2 files.

The animators are located here 1708684480698.png and pick animatorfile.Unity3d Eg Huoushi.unity3d
The models are located here HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R10\abdata\chara\oo_base.unity3d

Goto Archive tab and select oo_base.
Should look like this make sure too double click the p_cf_anim and make it bold.
1708684790938.png

Goto Archives tab and select Houshi and double click the aih_f_29, this will show all animations for this H-Scene.
Up the top right set Animator PathID to p_cf_anim
1708684994958.png

Select all the animations in the bottom Tab and untick One Clip per file and click export.
1708685067215.png

You should have an FBX file with all the animations for a particular HScene. That will work on any HS2 model you import from HS2 Grey mesh exporter. No need for Avatars just use generic. I do set model import scale to 100. Just make sure to do the same scale amount for the Animation.FBX

If you have taken the character model into blender or used the blender plugin. It will screw with the animations files you just extracted. This method keeps blender entirely out. I found the blender plugin that is going around changes some of the bones and makes the model uncompatible with the animations extracted.

So this is the catch. I'm not too clued in on Blender, but from what I have gathered is HS2 models exported from blender don't come out the same way they come in or the custom HS2 plugin changes something big to the armature that is no longer able to use HS2 .anim files in unity. The animation from blender Keys every bone. Even the ones for morphing body shapes. So if you share animations between different characters there body shapes will change. In unity you will need to create a Transform mask on the importer to ignore all morph transforms. This also makes it hard to add new custom or modify HS2 animations and get them to work along with unmodified HS2 animations.

Check us out at https://f95zone.to/threads/disturbium-slave-management-game.125813/

Discord -

Last edited:
Reactions: Sagisu

gdtiti

Jan 3, 2021
If I find time to make example project I will. But here is some other places you can start looking into.

I'm using URP unity 2022, HS2 uses SRP unity 4 or 5? If you use Unity SRP I think you can find their actual shaders somewhere for unity. There was a project with all the stuff you need for SRP from the Illusion modding community.

I don't know much about it as I went with URP and didn't use any of there tools. If you want to use URP I would suggest you get for a starting shader. You will need to rip the Albedo skin textures with SB3 utility and not greymesh. Normals and occlusion maps will need swizzling.

My custom shaders mainly take care of overlay details like eyebrows, nipples and what not. These textures need unique UV mapping and tiling.
Thank you very much for your answer, I hope to have the opportunity to use the shader of URP to develop CG animations or games based on the HS2 model, I hope you can give an engineering lesson. I don't know much about Shader myself, and if you're willing to guide me, I can pay some of it, but you know, after all, as a newbie to indie game development, I'm not very financially well-off at the moment, so I might not be able to afford too much of an expensive fee.

Disturbium

Jul 10, 2020
Thank you very much for your answer, I hope to have the opportunity to use the shader of URP to develop CG animations or games based on the HS2 model, I hope you can give an engineering lesson. I don't know much about Shader myself, and if you're willing to guide me, I can pay some of it, but you know, after all, as a newbie to indie game development, I'm not very financially well-off at the moment, so I might not be able to afford too much of an expensive fee.
Saw you join our discord just DM me for help. I won't charge anything and will help where I can. - Acedia