HTML HTML Game Template

Jack Man

Jul 5, 2021
All HTML games I've played have the same looking UI, with tabs on the left and right, the left one being responsible for saving, inventory etc, and the right one rarely appearing, but uncluttering the left tab.
Is that a public template or does everyone just know how to do that?

Jack Man

Jul 5, 2021
Download (desktop app, not the browser) > Open Twine > New Story > Name Story > Pop up menu on bottom left > Change Story Format > Sugarcube 2.34.1.
1668467881711.png
like this?

also if there's a tutorial you can point me towards, that would be much appreciated

Reactions: iamhumantoo

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
one covers the basics pretty well. It's a bit older, but playlist still holds up pretty well. Some of the code might be a bit dated in there, though. Not quite sure. has some pretty knowledgeable people over there, specifically HiEv. ChapelR's custom macros are also really nice to have.

Last edited:

Jack Man

Jul 5, 2021
one covers the basics pretty well. It's a bit older, but playlist still holds up pretty well. Some of the code might be a bit dated in there, though. Not quite sure. has some pretty knowledgeable people over there, specifically HiEv. ChapelR's custom macros are also really nice to have.
thank you very much

Reactions: MissFortune