VN - Ren'Py - Hunter: Space Pirates [v0.1.4] [Mr.Mister]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Ph4r40h

Coming from such a fun and erotic ride that was Motherless, I expect nothing less from Space Pirates. I know Mr will write a hilarious story filled with a plethora of sexy ladies for any and all to love.

The intro to H:SP was refreshingly unique and really had my attention. Each character was likable from what we've seen so far, I really liked Bradoks alien friends and thought they're a great team. Hunter will have to do a lot to earn the same love I have for Sam from Motherless. The cast of ladies so far are a treat to admire and there's only more to come! I may have to play a few more times to understand all the space time and relations of all the characters to Hunter before I get it all down lol.

This is only the beginning of another great journey and I'm so happy to be along for the ride ! :cool:
  2. 5.00 star(s)

kMimster

Since its only first chapter story is all over the place, but story its self is interesting and so are the characters. Only small minus is MC's hair specially because he was in the army doesn't make any sense.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Peri3481

I think the ratings for this one are a bit harsh early on. If you've played Motherless you know what you're going to get. A complicated incest harem story where Gary Stu impregnates literally every female within either 50 miles or 50 shades of relation, aided by the convoluted revelation that he has at least two mothers. The twist here is that some of it is set [drumroll] IN SPACE.

So, not exactly original. And we're not at the 'impregnating fifth cousin five times removed' stage quite yet. Nowhere near, in fact. This time round, Mr M has given us a back story with THE DAD who (horror) isn't dead and (double horror) has sex too. It's probably wise that Mr M has now hidden the Dad stuff behind a Preferences button.

But if the premise floats your boat - and why wouldn't it? - then get stuck in. Decent renders and promising LIs, slightly goofy looking MC. Horse dick is a bit much.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

JoeTheMC84

I was hesitant to rate this, but I feel like I need to. The story is basically two stories. That of the father Bardok… I mean Bradok, and that of the so-called Main Character his son. Bradok is a prince, a warrior, a ladies man, and the story starts with him, explaining the back drop of the VN and bringing the reader up to speed. It was weird, but could work. At first I actually thought he was the Mc, that when he got to earth maybe we’d get to name him (pick a false identity kind of thing some other games do) but no. He bangs several earth chicks (thankfully we never see that) before he exits the story… or I should say, before he ought to exit the story.

You see it goes to the Main Character’s life and just gets started laying out the major players in his story on Earth, and then suddenly cuts back to Bradok. He has a parallel story, told in tandem with that of the Mc. And he even has a full sex scene. Nearly all of the sexual related tag on the game right now are due to him… he is a main character of his own story, a protagonist in his own right… in many ways he is more of a focus than the character we get to name.

I give it two stars and not one because the girls are nice looking, but that almost makes it worse. The girl the dad fucks is cute and sexy, and I had to waste time seeing her get plowed by some guy I don’t care about. It brings the whole future of the game into question.

Who else will the dad fuck instead of the Mc? This spoken of Lady Dakara (or whatever her name is the chick in charge of his prison), is she going to be fucked by the dad? If so, that’s bad too. What about Bradok’s sisters, the Mc’s aunts, they tell Bradok they are willing to fuck him. What will happen with them? Will they go through with it? Will they be with the Mc if/when he meets them? Will the dad survive? If he does then that will mean that the Mc meets his dad and his harem and then what? They rock, paper, scissors for each girl they meet after that? I’m being a bit facetious but these are all legitimate concerns.

I’ve seen games get five stars for the potential they might have. Well I’m giving this two stars because of the current content and state of the story. If I was rating it on just the vibes it’s giving me with having two protagonist (labeled or not) then it’d be at a one star for me.

This is fixable. Remove the Bradok stuff after the prolog set up, and have it be a separate DLC or something. Or just remove his current sex scene and any possible future sex scenes he has. Have him have gotten castrated when he was taken or something and let him find and save girls for the Mc when Bradok escapes, or the Mc rescues him.

Doing either of those options would easily bump this up to a three star (average) release, with the potential to get four or five after a few more updates.

Edit: oh, and the weird sound effects are a little much.

Edit 2: I didn’t consider the Mc’s terrible appearance because I assume that when he comes into his own power, his look will change. But if not, he looks bad and that might affect the rating too.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

Alright, I want to start out by saying I loved Motherless. So with that said, I was genuinely looking forward to reading this. But ... wow, this is ... just not good. The MC is easily one of the worst designs I've seen in years. Like Bill Skarsgård's The Crow got his hair cut by a blender bad. Additionally his ultra dick, gifted to him by his "gets laid everyday" father is face palmingly stupid this early in the VN. It reminds me of VNs where the dev gave zero fucks about proportions. If this is going to be norm for this VN just stop fucking around and give all the ladies balloon tits while you're at it. Seriously, I was able to accept the lunacy of Motherless and I could even accept this nonsensical story, but gigantic horse penis on a guy with so little blood in his system he'd pass out every time he got a hard on ... it's just too stupid. I can only guess that the crystal at the end will give this Rita Repulsa the full ability to make his monster grow and shrink at will, much like how his father can grow as well. We, the readers, can only hope.

The real shame is that the women, even the Space Orc, look freaking great. A bit canned (most seem to be lifted from the same source as other VNs) but that's not necessarily a bad thing. But honestly, I couldn't care less about who the MC's dad is bagging throughout the galaxy. It literally adds nothing to the story and I'd rather this be a story about the MC discovering his past rather than the narrator telling the reader what the fuck is happening out in the galaxy before the MC can even experience it. I enjoyed the return of Ms. Truchbull. Wished she had joined the harem in Motherless, but it was nice to see her in this. Then there's the Animations (not the "bonus video" - you should keep that shit to yourself, that was bad) which were well done. Seriously, top notch. But it is a bit awkward when transitioning between the smooth animations and the dialogue associated frame-by-frame ones. There is a way to do smooth motion animations with dialogue and allowing the reader to click through while those play and it would be nice to see that implemented here.

The story, as I've said, is bad. It's poorly paced and blows it's load (figuratively) way too quickly by showing right away that the MCs dad Bradok, intergalactic space biker and prince of Aurora Magicus, is from another world and removing all mystery around the entire story. In fact, the character sheets basically spell out the entire story for the reader. Why the MC's grandfather needs his son to go to earth, have a kid and in two years needs him to return with said child to fight along side him ... I don't know. I was unaware that a two year old can win wars. But regardless, Bradok doesn't return. Hell he's on earth for four years before he gets caught by Space Pirates and forced to fight in gladiatorial fights. Why we, the readers, need to see his side of the story this early is beyond my understanding. In fact, at this point he's treated more like the MC of the story than the supposed MC is, which is a big no no in VNs. When the MC get's sidelined to tell someone else's story before we've even seen them? I mean, the narration starts out telling Bradoks story right away. I thought I had made a mistake at first and somehow loaded in the middle of the VN. This will instantly make every reader ask, why wasn't this guy the main character then? Why am I supposed to become more emotionally invested in a secondary character when I haven't even been introduced to the main character? Is this side character going to come to a tragic end, leading to the main characters own journey beginning? Spoiler ... NOPE. Nothing happens to his dad. So why are we going through his story right away? His story shouldn't matter yet. Hell his own planet's story shouldn't matter yet.

So how can this be fix? Get rid of all of the father's story. No joke. It doesn't matter and likely won't until the MC askes, "where have you been?" This is when all of that content should come into play. Hearing his father's story along with his son is far more impactful than reading about it before we've even gotten to know the MC yet. Next, change the MCs hair at the least. He looks like a reject from The Cure and his scar makes him look like the he's trying to be the edgiest edge lord to ever edge lorded. Also, if his ability is going to be that he can grow/enlarge himself (no just his dick) use that as a point for humor. Make his arm or leg randomly huge when he wakes up. Have his hands and feet get clownishly large while doing track and field. Then have him be about to throw a shot put ball clean across a field. Play with the idea of him trying to conceal what's happening to him from his friends and family. Like a super hero just discovering their powers. Then give him the big dick, only have that happen when he's losing his virginity to ... I don't know, Ms. Truchbull looked like she could handle it, have it be her gift to him and his gift to her (wink wink).

There's a lot of fun ways to play this off, but right now it's just not funny and frankly rather stupid. The fact is that the family dynamic between the MC, his foster sisters and mother hasn't even been established and there's more relationship building on his father's end than his and that's bad. The MC needs to have a focused story and needs to have that familial bond established well before he's in his young adulthood. Motherless actually accomplished this pretty fast. Hell if even established it's main relationships when the MC was a kid really well. That needs to be the focus here. Then when he meets his father ... we get Bradok's story. We get to hear about what happened to him. What happened to the MC's mother (if anything). Hearing about his hardships with the MC to make the readers care more about him and understand why he had to give up his son.

Anyway, feel free to use anything I've written here. I honestly do not mind if it makes for a better story (which it will, trust me). This is still in it's really early stages and even with all of the content here, there's still time for this to get good. The dev's last VN was three seasons after all so there's plenty of time for this to cook. I indeed wish this dev all the best and hope that they find their audience with this one. Do the dev a favor and leave a review whether you like this or not. Tell them what you liked and what you didn't. And don't let my opinion sway you in anyway. If you do like this, keep in mind it was made available for free on F95 and consider contributing whatever you can, whenever you can to help the dev keep working. Cheers.