Unity Daz VAM AutoDesk Blender I am begginer at making an erotic game

alpcraft

May 14, 2020
hey there all

I am trying to understand about making the assests for the game on my mind. any tips ?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
hey there all

I am trying to understand about making the assests for the game on my mind. any tips ?
First up, just lurk more around the "Dev Help" and "Programming, Developmnet, Art" subforums to learn what other people are doing.

Second, read the link in my signature "Winterfire's Talentless Guide" - it was initially written as a joke but is actually one of the better concise guides.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Second, read the link in my signature "Winterfire's Talentless Guide" - it was initially written as a joke but is actually one of the better concise guides.
I second that, it's a great compendium of knowledge to get you sorted and give you some pointers where to go from here. (y)

alpcraft

May 14, 2020
Yeah I read that thread. It's quite good tho. Like I said anything that givin me lesser reason to not use AI is appreciated

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Regardless of the route you take, having any "quality" images in your game will take a lot of time.

For hand-drawn art, it's the time to do the drawings.
For 3d renders, the time to set scenes/lighting/poses/render/post-work.
For AI image generation, the time to repeatedly refine your prompts and settings, and then editing/inpainting the results to fix the inevitable errors.

One of the big differences between them is how much time it takes to "get good". Longest would be learning to actually draw. Shortest would be learning the AI gen tools. But also note that doing AI gen does have a cost - you need quite powerful GPU and system.

The other thing to consider is how important "quality" images are to your project. Is it better to never create a game because you can't afford to create/buy the art you want? Or is it better to make a project with art that is not really as "good" as you want?

What do you like about games? Is is story? is it specific fetishes? is it the style of game (stat-grinder, vs VN, vs platformer with game-over-rape scenes)? Would a game with good story and the fetish you like still be considered "a favourite" if it had poor images?

Not every game type is appealing to every person. Clearly there are lots of people who like beautiful graphics but shallow, shitty, stories because they sell quite well on steam. But for me that sort of game is like low-quality McDonalds food - unsatisfying.

alpcraft

May 14, 2020
Not every game type is appealing to every person. Clearly there are lots of people who like beautiful graphics but shallow, shitty, stories because they sell quite well on steam. But for me that sort of game is like low-quality McDonalds food - unsatisfying.
well cannot agree more. If you play a game w characters there is has to be something and yes ppl love sex dolls over personality but the ppl still loves the second one more, otherwise bein a DIC couldnt be the best on board for years here.

I have another thing to ask: lets say I learned to make bodies on blender and did a...idk... a thick latina milf witch curvy hairs. whats the next process after the create the model ? am I just gonna screenshot it ? or can I add a skeleton on it and can animate how I want ?

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
well cannot agree more. If you play a game w characters there is has to be something and yes ppl love sex dolls over personality but the ppl still loves the second one more, otherwise bein a DIC couldnt be the best on board for years here.

I have another thing to ask: lets say I learned to make bodies on blender and did a...idk... a thick latina milf witch curvy hairs. whats the next process after the create the model ? am I just gonna screenshot it ? or can I add a skeleton on it and can animate how I want ?
You'll have to setup a skeleton so you can animate it. That process is called Rigging.

Grant Abitt is THE go-to for everything Blender. You will learn and hone your skills for years through all kinds of different resources, but Grant is the best way to get a birds-eye view of any Blender topic, and then dive deeper with a better understanding.

woodosudo

Mar 14, 2024
Hello, piggybacking off of this thread to ask a quick question about Virt-a-mate.

If I am not interested in creating VR works or the interactive functionalities of VaM, is there any reason to use it for creating animations instead of Blender?

I was initially interested in VaM because I was drawn to some of the models I've seen in various VaM works, but it looks like they can be easily exported and used in other environments. I am very new to 3D art and am pretty much set on the Blender route, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything regarding VaM. Seeing all of these different ecosystems feels overwhelming when I have no clue what I'm doing in the first place @_@