I am offering my free-time to play and review your game!

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone!

I love this site and have found and played a majority of my favorite adult games on here, but I have also recently started reviewing these games and tried to give a little more context than 'I nutted phat 5/5'. I have game development experience and I would be more than happy to play your game and offer some constructive feedback from a mass consumer/developer standpoint. If your game has no reviews and isn't getting a lot of traction, then let me know and I'd be more than happy to dive in and give it a whirl myself!

I promise to also DM you before leaving any review 3-stars and below (or what I think is wrong with the game if there's no way to give it a score) and discuss why I believe it hits that rating and maybe what you could do to fix it in my opinion. My goal is not to bring people down, I want everyone to succeed and if I can offer a different perspective on your product from a consumer point of view, I'd be more than happy :)

I hope all the developers out there have a bug free day and are able to push out that next major release ahead of schedule!
Cheers!
CT

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey hey hey!

I would appreciate it a lot if you could play my game a little bit! Infinity Dungeon 3D is a dungeon crawler game with battle-fuck mechanics (that means you use sex moves heh). Its main themes are monster girls, exploration and puzzles. I'm also planning to release a new update on the early days of February!

Thank youuu!

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
Definitely! I will get right on it! I have some stuff to do today, but I will make sure to give it a real good playthrough before giving my thoughts :)

Reactions: Zachy

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
So far I love the way you have the main character's perspective as first-person rather than the typical RPGM bird's eye view perspective. I have a couple things going on today, but I'll try to get some more time with it tonight/early tomorrow and get a good impression/review out within 24 hours. I already really like the First-Person view though, that's awesome.

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
i dont need to OFFER my free time to play games i do it anyway :)

also reviews are different from person to person depending on what they like.
some like skinny victoria secret bitches some like real womans.
just saying ;)

Reactions: fffffffffffk

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
While I understand where you're coming from, I was offering the opportunity for people to submit their games for constructive/developmental review. I understand that games are subject to opinion, if I address a certain mechanic or property of a game from an opinionated point of view then I will make sure to disclaim as such.

I understand everyone has free-time, I was offering to review games in my free-time. Not play them, although that's a given.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Just a reminder
Hello everyone!

I love this site and have found and played a majority of my favorite adult games on here, but I have also recently started reviewing these games and tried to give a little more context than 'I nutted phat 5/5'. I have game development experience and I would be more than happy to play your game and offer some constructive feedback from a mass consumer/developer standpoint. If your game has no reviews and isn't getting a lot of traction, then let me know and I'd be more than happy to dive in and give it a whirl myself!

I promise to also DM you before leaving any review 3-stars and below (or what I think is wrong with the game if there's no way to give it a score) and discuss why I believe it hits that rating and maybe what you could do to fix it in my opinion. My goal is not to bring people down, I want everyone to succeed and if I can offer a different perspective on your product from a consumer point of view, I'd be more than happy :)

I hope all the developers out there have a bug free day and are able to push out that next major release ahead of schedule!
Cheers!
CT
Just a reminder - You can post a review for any game by clicking on the star rating in the upper right of the game thread.

Here's the Review Rules: Review/Rating Rules [Updated 2019-02-12]

Reactions: CrayonTips

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
Hey hey hey!

I would appreciate it a lot if you could play my game a little bit! Infinity Dungeon 3D is a dungeon crawler game with battle-fuck mechanics (that means you use sex moves heh). Its main themes are monster girls, exploration and puzzles. I'm also planning to release a new update on the early days of February!

Thank youuu!
Alright so I had a good amount of time to play the game and there are some things I liked and other things I think could be improved.

Things I liked:
+I really liked the perspective of the player character - first person puzzle-solving labyrinths are rare in the adult game genre and it was fun to solve the few puzzles I ran into.
+The animations while short and limited in* number, were a nice touch especially with the sound effects
+I ended up using health potions quite a bit and I felt that the combat flow back and forth was fairly balanced
+The story sequence on depth 1 was fun and explained the game fairly well in a short amount of time.
+The introduction to the game when you're walking with the splash screens is very cool and I appreciated that touch a lot
+The algebraic puzzle on depth 8 was simple yet difficult enough to be interesting and fun.

Areas of potential improvement:
-A big one for me was the lack of skill variation. After I unlocked the 'vaginal' skill I just spammed it throughout the rest of the game. I think having some sort of specialization where you unlock certain abilities based on preference would be nice. Such as picking the Charmer vs Rapist class. The Charmer does less damage, but can mind-control one enemy into attacking another. The Rapist has the ability to bind an enemy and render them useless for one or two turns; etc.
-It would be really nice to see some sort of visual indication of the enemies' health. I understand that you can see their health in the compendium after you defeat them, but when I hit an enemy and I see 'Super Effective!' -35! I have no context as to how much health that actually took off the enemy. If I crit a blue slime for 50, then they'd die instantly, not the same for a red slime and not having any feedback as to how damaged the enemies are made it hard to gauge whether I should heal or go for a hail mary and just take the enemy down with one last attack.
-Before the splash screens you're shown keybindings for certain options, but it's never shown again. I tried remembering them as best I could, but I forgot shortly after (for some reason lul) and resorted to just spamming random buttons on my keyboard. It would be nice if there was a clear way to see those keybindings again.
-The enemies often would block attacks but there would be times where I'd get a 'super effective' prompt even after the enemy blocked the attack. It might be my personal opinion, but I feel like if an enemy blocks an attack, it could do some damage, but maybe not 'super effective' levels of damage.
-The store owner you 'save' at the beginning is only on the second depth? (unless I missed something) I realized that I'd need to rely on health potions for the combat system and I farmed some gold to get the potions, but I was disappointed when I was around depth 8-9 that there was still no store owner meaning I'd probably have to go all the way back to spend my gold.
-There was a secret chest on depth 8 or 9 that simply gave health restoration. Might be opinion, but it doesn't feel that great to find a secret chest only to receive the effects of a common item (health potion). I would recommend having the secret chests give rare items such as armor, weapons, or powerful/rare power-ups rather than filling your stamina/health bars.
-There were a few typos here and there, such as 'strenght' and something near the beginning where the queen or MC said "that is that she is..." blabla, the correct grammar would be to just say "that is she is a..." something like that. Sorry for not writing the whole line down.
-The lack of weapons or armor throughout the game was a shame. I imagine this feature is in the pipeline, but for my time in this build, it would've been nice.
-The questionnaire at the beginning seemed useless to me personally. I was hoping that answering the questions differently would give weapons or abilities that differed from one another, but I didn't notice any difference, perhaps that's on me.
-I think it would be nice to have a fully rendered MC where you can maybe pick their hair color and/or eye color instead of a simple silhouette.

All-in-all I enjoyed my time with the game. To summarize I wish that there was more vendors on each level and that the levels were longer/bigger. I think some character customization and a party system would benefit the game. I liked the animations and the overall aesthetics of the game.

Looking forward to further work on the game and I am down to clarify any of my points if need be. Thanks Zachy!

Edit: I don't feel comfortable giving this game a 1-5 rating at this time. I feel the game is definitely still taking form and it would be unfair to rate the game at this stage. I enjoyed the content that I played, but to me it definitely seems like there is some more work to be done (as shown by the obvious v0.4 as well). I look forward to seeing the game improve and I appreciate you allowing me to critique your game :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zachy

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
Just a reminder

Just a reminder - You can post a review for any game by clicking on the star rating in the upper right of the game thread.

Here's the Review Rules: Review/Rating Rules [Updated 2019-02-12]
Thank you!

I was hoping to give constructive feedback to lesser known games without having to resort to the star-rating system. I think my post above kind of clarifies what I was going for. I appreciate the reminder :)

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Alright so I had a good amount of time to play the game and there are some things I liked and other things I think could be improved.

Things I liked:
+I really liked the perspective of the player character - first person puzzle-solving labyrinths are rare in the adult game genre and it was fun to solve the few puzzles I ran into.
+The animations while short and limited in* number, were a nice touch especially with the sound effects
+I ended up using health potions quite a bit and I felt that the combat flow back and forth was fairly balanced
+The story sequence on depth 1 was fun and explained the game fairly well in a short amount of time.
+The introduction to the game when you're walking with the splash screens is very cool and I appreciated that touch a lot
+The algebraic puzzle on depth 8 was simple yet difficult enough to be interesting and fun.

Areas of potential improvement:
-A big one for me was the lack of skill variation. After I unlocked the 'vaginal' skill I just spammed it throughout the rest of the game. I think having some sort of specialization where you unlock certain abilities based on preference would be nice. Such as picking the Charmer vs Rapist class. The Charmer does less damage, but can mind-control one enemy into attacking another. The Rapist has the ability to bind an enemy and render them useless for one or two turns; etc.
-It would be really nice to see some sort of visual indication of the enemies' health. I understand that you can see their health in the compendium after you defeat them, but when I hit an enemy and I see 'Super Effective!' -35! I have no context as to how much health that actually took off the enemy. If I crit a blue slime for 50, then they'd die instantly, not the same for a red slime and not having any feedback as to how damaged the enemies are made it hard to gauge whether I should heal or go for a hail mary and just take the enemy down with one last attack.
-Before the splash screens you're shown keybindings for certain options, but it's never shown again. I tried remembering them as best I could, but I forgot shortly after (for some reason lul) and resorted to just spamming random buttons on my keyboard. It would be nice if there was a clear way to see those keybindings again.
-The enemies often would block attacks but there would be times where I'd get a 'super effective' prompt even after the enemy blocked the attack. It might be my personal opinion, but I feel like if an enemy blocks an attack, it could do some damage, but maybe not 'super effective' levels of damage.
-The store owner you 'save' at the beginning is only on the second depth? (unless I missed something) I realized that I'd need to rely on health potions for the combat system and I farmed some gold to get the potions, but I was disappointed when I was around depth 8-9 that there was still no store owner meaning I'd probably have to go all the way back to spend my gold.
-There was a secret chest on depth 8 or 9 that simply gave health restoration. Might be opinion, but it doesn't feel that great to find a secret chest only to receive the effects of a common item (health potion). I would recommend having the secret chests give rare items such as armor, weapons, or powerful/rare power-ups rather than filling your stamina/health bars.
-There were a few typos here and there, such as 'strenght' and something near the beginning where the queen or MC said "that is that she is..." blabla, the correct grammar would be to just say "that is she is a..." something like that. Sorry for not writing the whole line down.
-The lack of weapons or armor throughout the game was a shame. I imagine this feature is in the pipeline, but for my time in this build, it would've been nice.
-The questionnaire at the beginning seemed useless to me personally. I was hoping that answering the questions differently would give weapons or abilities that differed from one another, but I didn't notice any difference, perhaps that's on me.
-I think it would be nice to have a fully rendered MC where you can maybe pick their hair color and/or eye color instead of a simple silhouette.

All-in-all I enjoyed my time with the game. To summarize I wish that there was more vendors on each level and that the levels were longer/bigger. I think some character customization and a party system would benefit the game. I liked the animations and the overall aesthetics of the game.

Looking forward to further work on the game and I am down to clarify any of my points if need be. Thanks Zachy!

Edit: I don't feel comfortable giving this game a 1-5 rating at this time. I feel the game is definitely still taking form and it would be unfair to rate the game at this stage. I enjoyed the content that I played, but to me it definitely seems like there is some more work to be done (as shown by the obvious v0.4 as well). I look forward to seeing the game improve and I appreciate you allowing me to critique your game :)
Just a little detail before I start answering your post. I don't know how correct may my assertion be, but by the sound of your review, it doesn't look like you reached levels like Depth 20 or 30.

I started this game quite a lot of time ago, and even though it wasn't my first RPGM game, I've learnt a lot in the way and because of that, the game quality goes up as you progress in the story. Things like animation framerate, puzzles, bugfixes and all that stuff have been improved for Depth 20's area (Spooky Mansion). That means that I'll have to make a complete overhaul of the first levels (and that's the purpose of the following update).

Now comes the fun part!:

-A big one for me was the lack of skill variation. After I unlocked the 'vaginal' skill I just spammed it throughout the rest of the game. I think having some sort of specialization where you unlock certain abilities based on preference would be nice. Such as picking the Charmer vs Rapist class. The Charmer does less damage, but can mind-control one enemy into attacking another.
+ Well I had planned this to be a future feature, as our protagonist is still a beginner on Lust Energy so far. On Depth 22, you can learn a whole new skill called "Magic", that unlocks a new animation for the enemies (which raises the amount of animations per enemy from 5 to 6).

+ I'll be honest. Most of the things you said here are something I already had in mind, but I still haven't found a way of actually code it on the game (which is kinda embarrasing for me after 7+ years of using RPGM). Right now, you can use the Monster Girls Book to view the stats of most enemies (including HP).

+ Sure! Will do.

+ Actually, this is similar to the HP indicator case you asked before. But this is more because of engine limitations. I'll try to find a way to do it, tho!

+ There's shopkeepers in any Depth that finishes with a "2". That means 02, 12, and 22 so far. You can use fast travel between depths to reach them more quickly.

+ Well, to put it simple... That's because there's a boss fight in the same secret area that chest can be found. It's just that you must meet certain requirements to find that enemy (find all the Vases in the dungeon). Of course there's more secret zones that are more generous.

+ Yeah my English was still very basic back then, I was still on level B1. However, I'm a C2 now! I'll try to fix as many typos as I can for the next update.

+ This game will never have such things as weapons or armors, since everything is magic-based. However, that means there will be more special skills and stat-raising items!

+ About that... It does make a difference in your base stats and start items, but I didn't want it to make a major difference, so the player could enjoy the game normally despite his initial choice.

+ Hrrmmm... I don't really know about this, since I use Honey Select models and I reaally don't like male HS models. Maybe for a next game?

Thanks for playing!

Reactions: CrayonTips

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
Thanks for playing!
It was fun :)

I honestly thought the game ended at depth 10 because the Slime Queen was pretty tough for me personally and she killed me when my last save was at like depth 8 or so. How many depths are there on this current release? I see in the patch notes you mention up to 28, but you also mention depth 30 in your response?

I think if it's possible, having the option to autosave on each level would be nice, I understand if it's not possible. I think for me personally I would've appreciated more chances to spend gold between levels, but maybe I just suck or am unlucky at the game? Idk haha - I felt like I was finding a good amount of gold, but nowhere to spend it. Before the Slime Queen for example; it would've been nice to top-off on health potions instead of having to go back.

You said fast travel is 2 <-> 12 <-> 22 ? What do you think of having it so you can fast travel back to the shopkeeper but maybe you 'lose' a depth if it's not on one of those levels?

So if I am at depth 8 and I really need potions, I can travel back to depth 2, but then I can only return to depth 7 using fast travel?

Just ideas. Thanks for allowing me to critique your game :)

CrayonTips

Jan 14, 2019
I'm working on a dating sim/stat builder. If you have some time, I would appreciate receiving constructive comments that I could use to make my game better.

My game:
https://f95zone.to/threads/earth-girls-are-v0-05-lydcreations.29871/

My feedback for this one will be differently formatted because it's a Ren'Py game and is obviously much more linear than an RPGM game. That being said I think I understand why people are leaving one star reviews and I have some observations of my own.

The explanation of the story at the beginning is very fast and messy in my opinion. There's a girl that you've known for a long time, then there's aliens, memories, some random Giles guy that doesn't explain anything. The 2 ways he claims you can 'beat' the aliens doesn't actually have a conclusive action. What is the Saber he describes in the second step? Why are the aliens here? What caused them to pick Earth of all places?

In addition to that, I also think that you try to hop between scenes way too quickly without allowing a full-arc of a scene to play out. For example, I just picked 'English' class and it went from conversing with the girls back to the hallway completely abruptly. Then I picked the Photography class and this is where I really felt like you could've benefited from 'showing not telling'.

In my personal opinion I felt that you tried to 'tell' wayyy too much in the game and it comes across as very odd and disjointed. Instead of the plethora of information at the beginning of the game, I recommend a sequence where perhaps the MC is just living normal life then is abducted and forced against his will to get the saber or the girls. When a random actor shows up and just says "This is how the game works, take it or leave it." that's essentially the opposite of "Show, don't tell".

I think most of the renders look good, I personally think Julia crosses into the 'uncanny valley' area unfortunately. I am not sure how attached you are to the render of Julia, but in my opinion her facial features seem alien and it is somewhat unsettling looking at her face close-up. I think her eyes could be closer to her nose slightly, her lips maybe thinned a bit and widened, her nose made slightly bigger, and her jawline narrowed a tad. Definitely personal opinion, but considering most the other girls in the game look fine/good it really sticks out to me personally.

-

I think you need to include more lewd content as well if this is the type of game you want to make. I think you missed a good opportunity in the Photography class scene by simply describing the scene instead of showing (again show, don't tell). I also think that when you're "checking a girl out" it's really unsettling to have their face blown up to half of your screen and them just staring blankly at you. I think it would be a better idea to 'check girls out' by having the MC imagine what they look like in underwear or even nude. I think that the two girls with the slutty tied crop-tops and plaid skirts at the beginning have good facial renders and when you 'check out Britney' her face looks good when it's examined closely.

It's just a weird mechanic that's unexpected and rather undesirable in my opinion. I think you should add some lewd way to 'check them out' either by imagining them naked or day-dreaming some sexy scene, or at the very least zooming out the perspective a bit.

Lastly, I think you just need to slow down with your storytelling and try to 'Show' much more than 'Tell'. No offense, but the beginning sequence is so convoluted and quickly explained that it's easy to see why others claim they don't know what's going on. Hell, I tried my best to read exactly what was going on and even I'm confused. There's aliens, there's Giles, there's a saber, then the scene is in outer space for some reason, then we're back to the bedroom, then we're in school, then we have classes, then... I forget what I was supposed to be doing...

You have to remember that the beginning of your game is going to be the first piece that everyone is going to experience regardless of how good the content is later in the game. If the beginning is a quick, tell-not-show, confusing, and abrupt explanation; nobody is going to feel compelled to keep playing to finish the story or even get to the 'lewd-scenes'.

I think that the later scenes in the school are a little bit better as far as pacing, but it could still use some touching up.

If I had to boil this all down into easily digestible advice, I would say:
X)"Show, don't tell"

X)Give your scenes time to reach a full narrative timeline ->
there's many times where the scene transitions and I'm thinking "why did I abruptly just leave that classroom, let alone that conversation?.."

X) Touch up the 'Check xxx out' feature. Pull the perspective back, or maybe have the MC use their imagination to picture them in their underwear or fully nude. Even with good looking renders, it's a little unsettling having a girl's head taking up half my screen and just staring at me.

X)Consider adding some royalty free music, even if 99% of people turn it off when they load the game up, it'll at least give the game some additional life rather than just dead silence.

-
Happy to clarify anything I said above, cheers :)

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
It was fun :)

I honestly thought the game ended at depth 10 because the Slime Queen was pretty tough for me personally and she killed me when my last save was at like depth 8 or so. How many depths are there on this current release? I see in the patch notes you mention up to 28, but you also mention depth 30 in your response?

I think if it's possible, having the option to autosave on each level would be nice, I understand if it's not possible. I think for me personally I would've appreciated more chances to spend gold between levels, but maybe I just suck or am unlucky at the game? Idk haha - I felt like I was finding a good amount of gold, but nowhere to spend it. Before the Slime Queen for example; it would've been nice to top-off on health potions instead of having to go back.

You said fast travel is 2 <-> 12 <-> 22 ? What do you think of having it so you can fast travel back to the shopkeeper but maybe you 'lose' a depth if it's not on one of those levels?

So if I am at depth 8 and I really need potions, I can travel back to depth 2, but then I can only return to depth 7 using fast travel?

Just ideas. Thanks for allowing me to critique your game :)
Hey there! Thanks for replying.

There's 30 main Depths and 5 secret Depths in the actual version. However, those 30 Depths often have additional areas, making them more than 50. Also, I always recommend your level to be equal to the # of the Depth you are in.
Because of that, you should reach Depth 10 when you are Lv. 10.

About autosave, it is possible, but I guess I'll have to create a special slot for it just in case some people doesn't want to lose their progress.

Aaand, I'll explain fast travel to you. There's a new area each 10 Depths, so you cannot fast travel directly from one area to the other (and therefore you won't be able to go from 22 -> 12).
You can fast travel like this: 2 <-> 5 <-> 10. Then: 12 <-> 15 <-> 20. It's all pretty much the same.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. It's going to take me some time to go through each point. But I do have 3 questions.

1. The classroom scenes. These are mostly about the MC improving their stats and interacting with 1 girl. You mention that the game hops too quickly to the next scene. I tried a different class approach on day 2 with the Chemistry class. I did separate renders for each interaction with the girls and had the MC get to know the girl better. Did you like this approach better than the day 1 classes? Would you suggest any additional changes to this approach?

2. Game mechanics explanation. The point of the intro was to try to explain the dating sim approach. That the MC attends classes to improve his intelligence for example. Each girl will have different preferences in regards to which stats are important to them. The MC will need to have good stats in the areas that a girl likes in order to progress with her. I'm not sure how to provide this information by showing it instead of telling. I did make it so the player could skip the intro so they wouldn't need to play through it each time.

3. Adult content. The MC is just meeting all of the other girls, with the exception of Julia & Halia. In a dating sim, the relationship level and stats largely determines how far the MC can progress with a girl. So it would be odd for the MC to have sex with these strangers. Plus, there would be no point to building his stats if he's already sleeping with them. I've tried to add some adult content through fantasy/dreams to get around the low relationship levels. These scenes have received some comments from players who are confused as to what is real and what is fantasy. I've tried to indicate through text as well as character name such as in the saber sex scene with Julia-Aubrey that the scenes are dreams, but it doesn't appear to be enough. I can use say a cloud background to indicate a dream, but some scenes such as the Calc classroom need the school background. So would additional dreams address the need for more content or would you suggest something different?