I Am Tired Of "Walking Scene Player" Games

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hmm, so what the page of the documentation talk about ? And it's far to be something new, the replay feature appeared ten years ago in the version 6.15.0, while the image gallery was already present since a long time.

No you don't.
Welp, seems like I missed it then and tried to reinvent the wheel :D

nulnil

May 18, 2021
Galleries can be good, I included one in my latest update (twine games does not include them like ren'py), as a way to view a series of scenes again without loading old saves, and they are kinda trophies. I'm not against them, they are gameplay elements like many others.
Well, your game is a text based which is going to be limited with HTML. It's also a life simulator from the looks of it and isn't going to have fighting game combos or any (player, not PC) skill growth.

Anyways, a gallery is like a sign of sickness. Something is probably wrong with the gameplay (Doesn't apply to VN's since those don't have skill-based gameplay), which needs some kind of fix. This isn't always the case, but it usally is.

Darknerious

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
well it is not the same going ahead to the gallery than playing it through the story. Of course if story and ero scenes dialogues are trashy it wouldn't matter.