I am trying to create my first Ren'py game

RayAbby

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Hello everyone :D

I am trying to create my first Renpy game, i need some help and i got a few question to ask.

I am using "Neo Studio V2" to make the scene and character movement, most of the material i use is free in online, is it ok i use those material in my game? will i getting some copyright problem?

Also, some of the characters are from other games, for example tifa and nier, if i use those character in my game, can i share my game? will i get copyright problem? my game is completely free.

Third, my game inculde some sexual violence, i have added a warning page when opening the game, and a age confirm option when starting the game, in this situation, can i share my game? just wanna sure, i don't wanna get any trouble.

fourth, if i want to share my game in F95zone, i just follow the guideline here
(https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/)
and post it on here? right? (https://f95zone.to/forums/game-requests.3/)

Thank you so much for watching this post, please give me some suggestion and idea, and sorry for bad grammar and writing.

Vinyard

Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
You can use free material and monetize the game. There's an entire section here to find free assets.
I think parodies of Tifa etc can only be an issue if you're trying to get the game on steam, but if it's just Patreon/Subscribestar it's not a problem.
F95 allows almost everything up to gore(It's the polar opposite of that that can get into shady areas) but make sure to add the proper tags for sexual violence.

Good Luck!

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Just to add to what Vinyard said, if you are gonna post your game on patreom, sexual violence is a grey area, but to quote their community guidelines:

"We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish creations that are hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex."

Just something to be aware of. If you're including stuff that fits any of those descriptions, then you may want to hide them behind some kind of external patch or something. I've heard stories of patreon just deactivating someones page without warning and citing breaking one of those rules. Instant income lost. I can't speak for subscribestar as I've never used it. (I've never had any issues with patreon personally, this is just what I hear)

That being said, if you don't care about selling your game, you can make pretty much whatever you want. If you can make something so fucked up that even F95 won't take it, then that'd be an achievement imo.

Reactions: RayAbby

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If you can make something so fucked up that even F95 won't take it, then that'd be an achievement imo.
Actually anything underage is probably the only thing that f95 won't take. So avoid explicitly stating that any character is underage here.

Unless you make a patch for this content as well.

Reactions: RayAbby