Daz I am wondering how these skin imperfections are added. I would guess these are skin texture decals in Daz3d. (cellulite/stretchmarks/etc)

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Yes, you can add the normal map from any figure to any other figure with the same UV set very easily. I use Alexandra 8, Bambina 8 and a few others quite often. With any of the official character, just navigate to their product folder in your library and look for the "Iray Nomal Map On" icon and double click it. Some vendors pack them into the "all maps" duf file but any of the official Daz characters don't.

You can also mix and match bump maps and specular maps but it's not quite as easy, nor do they have the visual impact that the normal maps (except when very close) do so I usually don't bother and just use whatever came with the base skin I'm using.
Sorry to necrobump this thread but this is driving me crazy bambina 8 doesn't seem to exist, and babina 8 is maybe the wrong figure? Did you mean babina 8, or did a bambina 8 used to exist but was purged from the daz store?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Sorry to necrobump this thread but this is driving me crazy bambina 8 doesn't seem to exist, and babina 8 is maybe the wrong figure? Did you mean babina 8, or did a bambina 8 used to exist but was purged from the daz store?
I think it is this figure

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I think it is this figure
Certainly the most likely conclusion, but the preview store photos for her skin don't have any/many marks it seems. I guess I can grab a copy and look it over.

edit: You know what maybe he meant babina 8 pro bundle, because the pro bundle has some more interesting unique features in it's normal maps than the base babina8 model appears to include. That actually might be the most likely thing that was meant? or maybe they meant which a moment ago I thought was in the pro bundle, but isn't, but either way, all this stuff would fall under the "babina" label.

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Certainly the most likely conclusion, but the preview store photos for her skin don't have any/many marks it seems. I guess I can grab a copy and look it over.

edit: You know what maybe he meant babina 8 pro bundle, because the pro bundle has some more interesting unique features in it's normal maps than the base babina8 model appears to include. That actually might be the most likely thing that was meant? or maybe they meant which a moment ago I thought was in the pro bundle, but isn't, but either way, all this stuff would fall under the "babina" label.
Well, i am not sure myself but i know that this figure, or it's author, are considered quite good assets.
Though, i recently discovered some tutorials that make skins even more interesting. I was looking for some real life skin and it's not easy to get something like that.
Like this one here to add veins.

I haven't done it myself yet but plan to do so soon.

Some time ago, i bought the figure Alla because it had some nice skin. Other times i wanted a more mature skin to reflect how you actually look when you are older. I mean, i can see my self in the mirror and this is what i kind of was looking for. There are some figures that come with some additional morphs that can be used but i think one has to actually make them in order to not look a like a particular figure.

Evic

May 25, 2018
I should probably pay close attention to the notifications, or just be 22 days late to the discussion :)

Sorry for the typo way back when, it's Babina (no m) and I do have the pro bundle but when talking about the normal maps the HD morphs aren't needed and I don't think the official HD packs include normal maps.

Babina's normal maps are nicely subtle but not "barbie doll" perfect which is why I used them frequently, nowhere near as specific-case as Alexandra 8 or some others who's names I'll probably mess-up anyway.

Reactions: left1000

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
freja 9 comes with veins and it's clearly stated on her store page even!

1675480906666.png

This is default victoria9 with freja9's skin/normal/includingveins unfortunately for me it's just crotch armpit arm veins without breast veins :p but hey daz3d now finally considers veins a feature. Although I literally cannot figure out how to use the included .dsf file to turn the veins on (I can't find the file in content library despite finding it in file explorer.) My guess is that all skin just calls veins on .dsf as a like subsubscript action or w/e

But I'm hopeful this sort of minor detail will appear more in the future on daz3d store page descriptions (maybe only for major daz originals but in theory PA's could take notice and copy the template.)

```

• Freja 9 Veins

```

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
One problem with veins is that all the ones I've found online have been too.... the entire vein is painted in one strength or opacity or whatever whereas IRL veins along the same vein fade in/out
veins.png

I haven't found any ass cheek imperfections for gen9 yet, anyone have any luck there?

Last edited:
Reactions: connor1

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Can anyone recommend a girl like syndey/alexandra 8 for genesis 9? I want to steal her skin effects for use on other girls. Despite minerva being misses clause and a grandmother her skin is surprising young and tight aka BLAND.

Ideally I'd want a genesis 9 character that was similar to alexandra 8, alexandra 8's skin effects are my favorite. Sydney's is a bit too strong, but if I found normal textures like her's for genesis 9... I could always turn down the normal strength.

Feels like such a shame that minerva has the face of a 60 year old and the body of like a 25 year old. And since daz has already released minerva they're unlikely to do another mature lady anytime soon :(

edit: I suppose I also am interested in something like for genesis9. I know how to convert gen8 morphs into gen9 morphs, but it doesn't work for HD morphs since those are under lock and key :(

I know this is a long shot, but well, the tips I got in regards to genesis 8 in this thread were AMAZING, so I'm necrobumping to pray for a second miracle.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrakeOnLand

connor1

Aug 28, 2018
One problem with veins is that all the ones I've found online have been too.... the entire vein is painted in one strength or opacity or whatever whereas IRL veins along the same vein fade in/out
View attachment 2477979

I haven't found any ass cheek imperfections for gen9 yet, anyone have any luck there?
Hi, can i ask you what morph you're using in this picture and which skin texture cause it looks great !

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
View attachment 2477979

Moussa makes some of the nicest skinned models out there, IMO. I have MSO Hana and she has very detailed veins on her translucency map. One thing I noticed though was that she shipped with her Translucency Weight at 0.75, which I found too high in normal light. So I dialed her skins all down to a TW of 0.50 and it's perfect. Just remember to run any Mat Copy scripts on things like Golden Palace, when you change those settings. Here's a sample of Moussa's Hana skin ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also use a nice morph that adds raised veins to G9 models. It's called and don't let the muscular promo images put you off. It's great for adding realistic veins to any G9 model. You can dial them to any level of detail and these actually change geometry and don't just display a texture map. Here's an example of the default Hana hand vs. using the VAS morph to 50% on the hands...

And finally, there are some decent MILF/GILF models being made for G9 now. Check out , , or Olivia 9's Alternate shapes, which stupidly, the Daz store doesn't sell anymore, but it's available here in the Olivia 9 HD Pro Bundle . There's some nice aged up models in that set.

Reactions: left1000

Baal-Zevuul

Jan 20, 2021
Moussa makes some of the nicest skinned models out there, IMO. I have MSO Hana and she has very detailed veins on her translucency map. One thing I noticed though was that she shipped with her Translucency Weight at 0.75, which I found too high in normal light. So I dialed her skins all down to a TW of 0.50 and it's perfect. Just remember to run any Mat Copy scripts on things like Golden Palace, when you change those settings. Here's a sample of Moussa's Hana skin ...

I also use a nice morph that adds raised veins to G9 models. It's called and don't let the muscular promo images put you off. It's great for adding realistic veins to any G9 model. You can dial them to any level of detail and these actually change geometry and don't just display a texture map. Here's an example of the default Hana hand vs. using the VAS morph to 50% on the hands...

And finally, there are some decent MILF/GILF models being made for G9 now. Check out , , or Olivia 9's Alternate shapes, which stupidly, the Daz store doesn't sell anymore, but it's available here in the Olivia 9 HD Pro Bundle . There's some nice aged up models in that set.
Holy Cow....!!!!
Thank you