• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Proofreader] Unpaid I can help with English in games.

Caryland

May 23, 2020
Skills:
Proofreader, Editing, Writing, 3D lighting techniques

My main interest is helping new non native English creators better prepare their games for release and updates by proofreading and fixing sentence structure, spelling, grammar and editing the scripts to better make sense to the games audience. It's one of my biggest issues with games here and I want to be able to start helping! I also worked on a 3D TV show and specialized in lighting and Render Optimization. While I don't do that anymore, I still have a very good eye and knowledge for that, if you'd like feedback.

Preferred method of contact:
F95Zone, email to start.

DM me first on F95 to start dialog and then we can switch to email.

Employment Type & Rates:
Free

I'm offering my services for free, at first. Meaning that for new unreleased or initial release games, I'd like to help the creator by offering my services for free. If after that point you'd like to keep me on to continue, then we can discuss payment from there. I have a full time job I like very much, so this is much more a passion exercise for me rather then a work related one.

Availability:
As I stated, I have a full time job, but evenings and weekends I'm available. I'm also a fast reader and used to reading long texts and editing, so I can usually work quite fast.

Work Samples:
I will not share anything I've worked on publicly but I can share that privately. Suffice to say, I speak, read and write in English and want to help non English and non native English speakers.

Additional comments:
Just to summarize, this is more of a passion for me, wanting to help people fix and bring their games writing up to the level of the visuals and storytelling in their games. There are so many potentially good games I see and have played on here that are lacking in their scripts. I feel like I can help, and I'd like to!

Last edited: