Unreal Engine Daz I can import a character with Golden Palace, but not Dicktator - Unreal 5.4

albamuth

Dec 31, 2018
When I use the DAZ bridge on a male character with the Dickatator attached, the materials import but the mesh /skeleton / rig does not, Unreal gives me an error "Cannot read mesh". I messed around and tried the option "import props as static meshes" and for some reason just the Dictator imported, and not the body or any other meshes. Scratching my head over this one. Anyone got some useful tips?

Midzay

Oct 20, 2021
I used the DTL plugin (there is a demo on Youtube). The plugin transfers genitalia and JSM (!). But it's a complicated process. The developer of the plugin wrote that in DAZ 4.21 version geoshells are transferred correctly, but in version 4.22 it was broken.

albamuth

Dec 31, 2018
Thank you, I'll take a look. Mostly I've been following these tutorials for my import process. I've used this import tool successfully:

First off, I discovered that it was the 3D pubic hair add-on that was killing the FBX export process - removing them allowed me to import, here's some other tips I figured out:

1 - I discovered that the Dicktator Shell master material mode is set to "transparent", you can turn on the override (in the master material not the instance) and set it to "masking" instead, so that it receives shadows.

2 - the Dicktator Shell is not properly parented to the root Dicktator bone, you can fix it in DAZ. Also, rename the root Dictator bone to something other that "root" because UE5 will not like that and will rename it for you, which you can also fix in unreal if you activate the experimental skeleton editor plugin.

Issues remaining:

- the Dicktator morph targets I chose did not come over, like flaccid and all the erection setting. Dictator has so many bones, it would be a nightmare to try replicating those animations by hand. I tried not "not merge followers" in the FBX export options, and everything was just worse.

- All the morph targets from the figure like "happy" or "angry" have no bones associated with them, and they won't show up in the curves drop-down. Untitled.png