Daz I can't see stuff I bought from Renderotica in Daz3d - Please help

Nov 14, 2020
Hello! ,

I don't know if' it's a common problem, but I bought a bunch of different poses from Layla as well as 30 Pubic hair from another developer and I put them in my daz3d studio library - I'm sure the path is correct as I can see everything else I put there - and I can't see them neither in Smart Content or Content Library - they only appear in my daz 3d studio if I click on them outside of daz 3d application - I need to click and choose the file I want from my library folder - but it's bad as I can't see what I choose in a preview before it appears - can somebody help me solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
can you give a link to those assets?

some stuff on that site is also for poser

Nov 14, 2020
it's a few assets from this series from Layla: and this:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
1. Unzip the assets.
2. Copy the "People" folder
Capture002.PNG
Capture003.png
3. Paste directly into the "My DAZ 3D Library"
Capture001.PNG
Capture004.png
Do this with all unzip folders, such as "People", "Runtime", "date", etc.

Hope this helps.
-GrayTShirt

EDIT:How to install stuff Click this link for a more thorough guide.

Reactions: Madmanator99

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
Don't know if this happened here, but there's often confusion about the file structure.
If you copy the whole structure from the Layla stuff in your right directory, you'd find it in 'my library/ people/ Genesis 8....etc. instead of people/ Genesis 8....etc. in the Daz3d content View.
Then you've to grab everything BELOW 'my library' and copy it into your standard content library.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
go to these locations

Content Library - people - Genesis 8 female - pose - Layla
Content Library - people - Genesis 8 female - PubicHairG8F

Nov 14, 2020
Ok at first it still didn't appear but after I rebooted my computer it was there. Still weird why it's not in smart Content at all. But anyway thank you guys! :)

Last edited:

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
okay let's do it this way

for Director's Cut Poses - Blowjobs (Vol.2) G8

create a new folder called my library and put everything in side it only the people folder inside

now open daz and then select edit then select preference then look for content then select content directory management
now select daz studio formats then under directory press add and locate the folder that we have created then press accept and
now close daz and restart daz and now go to Content Library - my library - people - Genesis 8 female - pose - Layla

Reactions: HalloweenOracle

Steve Carter

Apr 28, 2017
Ok at first it still didn't appear but after I rebooted my computer it was there. Still weird why it's not in smart Content at all. But anyway thank you guys! :)
Whenever you install something you need to shut down Daz then start it back up for it to appear. Also stuff not bought at the Daz store (like in Renderotica and Renderosity) won't automatically show up in Smart Content. Here, this will probably make your life a lot easier once you learn to use it.

Reactions: HalloweenOracle

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
From my experience, Smart Content tab only shows things that come from the daz store. Everything else you can find under the Content Library tab (including daz product).

There are ways to create meta-data for products that are not from the daz store, using for example the tool linked by Steve Carter above. My own experience was not positive with such tools, but maybe you'll be luckier than me.

Also, if Daz is started, and you put new files/folders in your Base Directories, you have to Refresh them (right-click the folder=>Refresh). This is for the Content Library tab. The Smart Content tab will/may require more steps.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I know that is an old threat but i observed that some authors have their own "unique" folder structure.
So you have data, Runtime etc.. but is it important to have below everything the author has on folders or can you organize them within below?
I recently downloaded teenager morphs and they ended up in Characters.
Thanks

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I know that is an old threat but i observed that some authors have their own "unique" folder structure.
So you have data, Runtime etc.. but is it important to have below everything the author has on folders or can you organize them within below?
I recently downloaded teenager morphs and they ended up in Characters.
Thanks
You can put the main part of whatever it is anywhere you want, morphs in hair, hair in scripts, scripts in environments, cloths in characters etc etc., you can even make up your folder called dog shit and put anything you like in it.

Everything else must follow the folder structure it is in. (date, runtime etc)

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
You can put the main part of whatever it is anywhere you want, morphs in hair, hair in scripts, scripts in environments, cloths in characters etc etc., you can even make up your folder called dog shit and put anything you like in it.

Everything else must follow the folder structure it is in. (date, runtime etc)
Ah, this is great.
That way, it will be more organized and easier to find things.
Obey the main folders, but do whatever below. I like it.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Ah, this is great.
That way, it will be more organized and easier to find things.
Obey the main folders, but do whatever below. I like it.
Just so we are on the same page (for any other casual reader), this my daz folder of the environments
2022-06-22_7-42-26.png
I can move them, rename them, make sub folders, basically anything I like. BUT all the other folders have to be exactly where they are meant to go.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Just so we are on the same page (for any other casual reader), this my daz folder of the environments
View attachment 1883844
I can move them, rename them, make sub folders, basically anything I like. BUT all the other folders have to be exactly where they are meant to go.
Thats really great.
So i left the DAZ folders alone and just moved the ones that do not matter. Works fine.
What i am curious, i haven't tried it yet, if i do not use G3F, is it ok to delete it? I kind of want to stick to G8F. Makes it easier for me.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Thats really great.
So i left the DAZ folders alone and just moved the ones that do not matter. Works fine.
What i am curious, i haven't tried it yet, if i do not use G3F, is it ok to delete it? I kind of want to stick to G8F. Makes it easier for me.
I have deleted gen 2 stuff so gen 3 should be fine to go too.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I have deleted gen 2 stuff so gen 3 should be fine to go too.
Yes, it seems. I think last time with a character i build, i got an error because Genesis 3 wasn't present. I think this was because i used an asset from G3F.

Now, i did the hard work and copied everything in the directory i wanted. Eliminating the creators name as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just looks more organized and i can find the things i am looking for easy.

Reactions: mickydoo