I got an error after doing the translation

IanFan

Sep 24, 2020
I tried translating young wife souffle, after I finished translating it with translator ++ and tried to play it I got an error like in the picture. what should I do to fix it?
1617812176840.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
what should I do to fix it?
Don't even know what engine it is, so I can be wrong, but the error message really looks like it tried to transform in upper case a string that just don't exist.
Therefore my guess is that you haven't translated everything, or translated some string into nothing ; and the only way to solve the problem is to not do that.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
From what I can see Young Wife Souffle was previously removed from F95 for breaking rule 7 (No shota content).

I just downloaded a version and it's an RPGMaker VX Ace game.
Given that it's previously been removed from F95, I'm not inclined to link directly to it.

Assuming you want the English version... Just google search "young wife souffle" english torrent (those double quote matter, so don't forget them) and you should find an already translated version available for download via a standard torrent client.
If you don't want to use a torrent, there are links on svscomics too.

Best guess... as Anne says - it's probably translated something it shouldn't have. Looking at the English version I just downloaded for example, there is a folder called /graphics/Faces/ - the filenames in that folder are still Japanese - so if the translation software translated something in the code to anything other than Japanese, it wouldn't match any more. That's just an example, but it's likely to be that sort of thing.

If you want a language other than English, you're probably .

Last edited:

IanFan

Sep 24, 2020
Don't even know what engine it is, so I can be wrong, but the error message really looks like it tried to transform in upper case a string that just don't exist.
Therefore my guess is that you haven't translated everything, or translated some string into nothing ; and the only way to solve the problem is to not do that.
i think game use rpg maker vx ace, idk where I tried to delete some of the translations in the script but it's still the same. can you help me to check where it went wrong?

IanFan

Sep 24, 2020
From what I can see Young Wife Souffle was previously removed from F95 for breaking rule 7 (No shota content).

I just downloaded a version and it's an RPGMaker VX Ace game.
Given that it's previously been removed from F95, I'm not inclined to link directly to it.

Assuming you want the English version... Just google search "young wife souffle" english torrent (those double quote matter, so don't forget them) and you should find an already translated version available for download via a standard torrent client.
If you don't want to use a torrent, there are links on svscomics too.

Best guess... as Anne says - it's probably translated something it shouldn't have. Looking at the English version I just downloaded for example, there is a folder called /graphics/Faces/ - the filenames in that folder are still Japanese - so if the translation software translated something in the code to anything other than Japanese, it wouldn't match any more. That's just an example, but it's likely to be that sort of thing.

If you want a language other than English, you're probably .
thanks for the info, but I'm interested in trying how to translate the game

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
thanks for the info, but I'm interested in trying how to translate the game

If it's a "learning process", then I can only make one other suggestion.

Grab the Japanese version of the game and use Translator++ to translate it to English.
Then grab the English version of the game and compare "your" translated version to the downloaded version.

Comparison utilities like are good for that sort of thing. (At least, with text script files and images).

I'm completely unfamiliar with how RPGMaker VX Ace stores it's scripts. But a brief google search makes me suspect it's just a variation on Ruby scripting. (In the same way RenPy is based on Python).

By comparing "your" version to "their" version of the English translation, it should help give you an idea of which areas of the game can be successfully translated and which parts need to remain Japanese for the game to continue to work. Once you know that, translating it to other languages or translating other games should become easier (in theory).

The other possibility I'd forgotten with my first post is that if you are translating the English version to another language, it's possible the translator has translated some of the core scripting language - due to it's similarity to English. I'd hope a good translator scripting tool wouldn't do that, but again, it's possible.

Of course, someone with actual experience might reply here and give you better pointers. <holds breath>.

Edit: Oh... just spotted this thread half a page down in the dev help subforum. Maybe there are more translators here with knowledge of RPGMaker VX Ace than I imaged.

Last edited:

IanFan

Sep 24, 2020
idk can i post this or not but this game i translate. if you can please check and tell me where i went wrong