Need help: Translator ++ with RPG VX Ace games

Gonzo

Jul 21, 2017
The thing is I downloaded this tool called Tranlator ++ .

This software can translate RPG Maker Games. It's supossed to work with MV, MX Ace... even WolfRPG Editor. I was succesful translating RPG Maker MV Games, because the creator of this tool posted a video explaining it.

But I couldn't translate MX Ace games (you know, the games with "red dragon" icon). He didn't explain it, maybe because it's supossed to be easier… but I don't find it easy.

I downloaded the game and I can't do it. Tranlator ++ should make a Patch for the game but I don´t see it. It makes three folders in: user/appdata/local/temp/. Each one with lots of numbers in the name, one of them ended with "patch" and the other with "translate". I moved them to the game folder and replaced the files with same name, thinking that's how it works, but nothing happened.

I need someone help, please.

Nov 9, 2017
I have had "some" success. after translating export to file, create a folder, then when it is done move those files to the game folder. I am having issues with scripts file...

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Once its done translating, you just tell it to export for RPGTrans and it creates a patch file.
You will then use rpgtrans to patch the game

I have done with multiple Ace games and MV

KateAus

Jun 20, 2018
I'm really struggling to get a game like that translated. (red dragon icon)
Could anyone help me out please ? What do i do once its translated in Translator++ ?

JorgeCG97

Mar 31, 2018
Hi i have a problem when i try to open the exe file of the game the program gives this error
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be one of type string, Buffer, or URL. Received type undefined
Can anyone help me?

Reactions: messagertk123

Naiv

Dec 26, 2018
Ryahn, how do you export it to RPGTrans? I only see export to a folder and export as a zip option on export

edit: nvm, just found out my version is outdated, thanks anyway

Last edited:

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
I meet the same problem with RPG VX Ace games... I tested

Here an exemple of what I get (maybe it could help).

Stev1

Jan 4, 2018
I have never been able to use this program to translate any RPG Ace/rs3 (the red dragon logo) games. For MV it works pretty well most of the time, but even after searching I can't find a proper tutorial for use on other RPG maker types.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
By the way, it is possible to translate by using the game editor ? There is a promotion for RPG maker on steam.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
Another question : somebidy given rpg maker vs ace editor... how I can open a game in japanese with it, and edit the dialogues manually ?
I tried, it fail... it's like it didn't recognize the game launcher or the RGGS3

Edit : I suceeded to open it; I translated the maps, some of the data... the problems are the dialogues/events. Where I can find them, and how I can edit the text ? (I use RPG maker vx ace) ?

Thx

Last edited:

Nnoas

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
I translate those games like this:

-Open the game with translator++ and batch tanslate all files except for the "Scripts"(batch translating this file and export it as it is would probably give you errors when running the game).You can leave this file unstranslated but some of the menu/options inside the game will probably be in japanese.So translate it under your own risk.

-Export those translated files using the option "Export to a folder" to a folder of your choosing.

IF the game comes with the "game.RGSSAD/RGSS2A/RGSS3A" file please follow these steps.If not, you can just ignore them.
-I use "RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter" to extract the files from it.
-Copy and paste those extracted files into the game folder.
-Edit the name of the "game.RGSSAD" file to "game.RGSSAD.backup".
-Try to open the game and if it opens with no problems you can continue with the following steps.

-Copy the files of the "Data" folder(containing the translated files) into the "Data" folder in the game folder.
-Run the Game and enjoy?

im not really confident with my english so i hope is not too hard to understand.

The Armory sword

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Like I said, a hard translation is available for purchase and or profit share as well, in case you guys cant get this to work . Just pm me.
I'll just have one of my team members do it. Hope this works though stay fresh

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Yes I have had good results with this software, except it seems when the game data has been pre-extracted, and the "Game.rgss3a" is missing. Then I get and error at the dos screen when the software is trying to pull up the data.

I am assuming it is because it is missing that file.

This seems to mostly happen with "VX ace RTP">>> RPGMAKER games, and then normally only if that file is missing because the translator remove the "Game.rgss3a" file ( probably to reduce size, and you have to rename it anyway or remove it to stop conflicts ).

I am just guessing, I wish I knew a way around this, as many of those with the pre-extracted data games are the ones I wish to fix or change the text in.

If anyone has a simple solution that I am missing on this I would be very glad to get it.

LewdJiggle

Nov 4, 2019
I translate those games like this:

-Open the game with translator++ and batch tanslate all files except for the "Scripts"(batch translating this file and export it as it is would probably give you errors when running the game).You can leave this file unstranslated but some of the menu/options inside the game will probably be in japanese.So translate it under your own risk.

-Export those translated files using the option "Export to a folder" to a folder of your choosing.

IF the game comes with the "game.RGSSAD/RGSS2A/RGSS3A" file please follow these steps.If not, you can just ignore them.
-I use "RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter" to extract the files from it.
-Copy and paste those extracted files into the game folder.
-Edit the name of the "game.RGSSAD" file to "game.RGSSAD.backup".
-Try to open the game and if it opens with no problems you can continue with the following steps.

-Copy the files of the "Data" folder(containing the translated files) into the "Data" folder in the game folder.
-Run the Game and enjoy?

im not really confident with my english so i hope is not too hard to understand.

I know yours was an old comment, but man, thank you.

( i haven't translated any VX games for a long time) I kept applying the patch/translation over and over trying to change stuff and i couldn't just make it work, then i read your comment and it flashed back into my mind that if you do not rename your extracted RGSSAD file the game keeps giving that one the priority so even if i applied the translation it keeps ignoring it.

You saved me a bunch of time, so again, thank you.

This time though i'll be careful to write a note to myself so i do not forget that stuff again.

Here's a random rare meme to express my gratitude.

View attachment morshurumia_NTSCFIX_COMPRESS2-1.mp4

• Haha
Reactions: Dopplyn and Nnoas

Nickkun23

May 7, 2021
so how do i translate this type of when it's setup like this with no data folder?

View attachment 1126758
I also having the same problem, as I using the translator++ to translate RPG VX Ace, I got :

"Error! File list not found in init file at : C:\Users\***\Desktop\Translator++_2.9.29\www\php\cache\63d0c4f44034861c9ee5d58f00c764b5\initial.json"

Can somebody teach me how to overcome this problem. Thank you in advance!

Dopplyn

May 8, 2018
Hi i have a problem when i try to open the exe file of the game the program gives this error
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be one of type string, Buffer, or URL. Received type undefined
Can anyone help me?
Same here, did you fixed it ?

Nnoas

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
I also having the same problem, as I using the translator++ to translate RPG VX Ace, I got :

"Error! File list not found in init file at : C:\Users\***\Desktop\Translator++_2.9.29\www\php\cache\63d0c4f44034861c9ee5d58f00c764b5\initial.json"

Can somebody teach me how to overcome this problem. Thank you in advance!
-Try to avoid any folders with "[]" cuz sometimes that can give you error(idk why but it's from personal experience... and probably there's a better explanation for this error but whatever...)
-Try using the lates version of Translator++(3.3.30B public version is the one i'm using) and download these addons.
Captura.PNG

With these addons you no longer need the "missing Data folder".Cuz now Translator++ creates a development folder(a folder with a copy of the game where the translation will be applied). Also remember to not translate the GameINI and Scripts files. Lastly click the "Inject/apply translation" tool in the menu and you should be good.

I hope this helps you.

Reactions: Nickkun23