RPGM I have questions about rpg maker and Daz

Lukazuki

Jul 22, 2017
So im trying to make a game with RPG maker and Daz3D and my questions are:I understood that i can add 3d pictures and characters from Daz to the game so the question is how?
And the other question is how i can add myself a character picture to the text box in rpg maker?
Example:
upload_2018-3-18_1-57-28.png

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Just put the images in the www/img/pictures folder then point to it in the rpgmaker, same for the faces expect I think its either faces or character folder, can't remember which. And remember to erase the pics in the script after they are used, otherwise they will be stuck on screen.

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
I would suggest to watch a couple of rpgmv tutorials on youtube. Also if you go this path and get exasperated/annoyed with something/got questions and need answers always look in their help for anything technical, they have very good explanations that will probably save you a lot of time asking questions on forums that could take days for a proper answer.
Depending on the plugins you install the faces are in a specific format, stored as a single face image or multiple faces into a same png files stored in rows/columns.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
If you're using RPG Maker MV (It's pretty much the same for any RPG Maker you use actually, Just the buttons are in different places and/or worded differently), You basically do the following:

1. Once your DAZ3D Renders are done, Go into Photoshop and do touch ups, etc.
2. Export too PNG or JPG. Depending on which RPG Maker you use, As some dont recognise Jpg and vice versa.
3. Move the scenes in the "Pictures" folder in your game file.
4. Open up RPG Maker.
5. Click "Show Picture"
6. Ensure the X and Y align to fully cover the screen, Other wise it will only shopw half of the picture. (Usually 70/80% for each is fine, Depending on the resolution ofc).
7. Once you are done with that picture, Ensure you click "Erase Picture", then click the number you set it as. Otherwise you will be stuck on that scene. And the game will break.
8. Rinse and Repeat.