• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

I need some feedback about a game idea

Itadorimu

Sep 15, 2022
Hello, I'm sorry to disturb you today, but I have an idea for an eroge game in mind for a long time, and I'm not sure if it is difficult to implement or if people would be interested.
PS: Sorry if my English isn't that good; it's not my main language.

TLDR: I want to make some kind of Spiritual Sequel of HuniPop, with a bigger game, fleshed out girl, and a Dynamic system

1) Some context

I have been a long-time reader and player of erotic media, having read almost every new Hentai release, played several eroge games, and translated some hentai. The more I play, the more I see some good games, bad games, and games that are just frustrating.
And one of the games that marked me the most was HuniePop. It was one of the first games I truly played, and I was eagerly waiting for the sequel, but I was extremely disappointed with it. After some time, I realized whyI found Hunipop that great, and how is sequel failed

-First, the characters feel "real." By having them interact with each other and having some kind of moving pattern, the player is more likely to take them as "real" people.
-Second, even if they are cliché, they are quite enjoyable. That's something the sequel missed by a lot. Most of them were characters I was happy to date and have sex with because they were funny, kind, or anything else (The writing was just okay, but still enjoyable).
-Third, how the game managed the player reward was the biggest point of the game for me. The SMS allowed for three things: make the player more inclined to accept the absence of a character, delaying the reward to keep him in a constant reward mindset (except during grind phases), and making the picture feel natural by putting them in a real setup.

These are the major three points that I haven't seen in a sequel or in another game since then, and it's something that pains me quite a lot.
That's why I came up with an idea for a "Bigger HuniePop Sequel" (without any name for now), and here where I am now (Only Idea, not any code or drawing)

2)The Game Idea

The plot is simple.
You are a random guy around 22/25 years old, doing some studying and having a part-time job, but nothing special.
One day, your aunt tells you that she's going on a trip for her holiday and needs you to take care of things in her absence in one of her rental buildings.
Plot twist: Only women live here. You will have X days (depending on the difficulty) to do what you want here, so mostly flirting with girls. [Quite a basic plot].

The building would have four used rooms, and others can be added by playing (by renovating rooms, helping people, and so on...) and each room would have one or two girls. We also have other characters that you can't date, both male and female.
Each day would be divided into six parts, and most action would take two of them. During that day, you can do the three main parts of the game:

-Interacting with the girls
-Working as the tenant (helping people, renovating the building, cleaning...)
-Doing some things around the town to gain stats and topics to talk about.
We got the food and drink thing from HuniePop back (maybe in a healthier way), and some stats: Reliability, Self-confidence, Humor, Intelligence, Look, and Seduction.
You can upgrade those stats by helping people, talking, reading books, taking classes, and so on. A lot of ways.
Each girl has a preferred stat that can boost some things and these stats are mostly used for diverse actions.

3) The revanped picture SMS System

You have 10 pictures and 1 video available to unlock for each girl in one playthrough, but each girl will have a lot more than that. How? Each action you take will influence the girl and her picture.
For example, if the 5th picture of a girl is her doing yoga, but you took her to a water date (beach, river, water park, etc.) 2 or 3 times before, that picture will change to one of her in a swimsuit. This is because, for the girl, since you invited her to these kinds of places a few times, she thinks you love that kind of place and outfit, and so will prefer this kind of picture. The whole system is tied to the DCS (Dynamic Character System), which is a major point and dream for this game.

The whole system includes the following types of pictures:

1-Acquaintance: The basic SnS picture
2-Friend: A more personal picture of the girl doing her hobby or something like that (SFW)
3-Good friend: Something sexy, but natural (like a sporty girl doing sports in a sports bra) (Slightly NSFW)
4-Ambiguous relation: A sexy "oops, sorry for that" kind of picture. You are not yet a friend, boyfriend, or sex friend, so she is testing how you react. (Like a photo of her where you can see her naked butt in the mirror behind her) (NSFW from there)
5-Seduction: She knows that you want her, so she sends a really erotic picture.
6-Just before the night date: This is the last picture before the deed, and it's really hot this time. It can be sent the night before or even during the date. It's a "I'm ready for this" kind of picture.
7-A picture taken during the act, which is quite simple.
8-A picture taken after, with a "post-sex" vibe.
9-10- Photos taken during the act in a more kinky situation.
11-A video (for a later update).
This kind of flow feels quite natural and helps the player feel close to the character while keeping it somewhat realistic.

4) Second Major Point: The girls

The second major point is the girls, one of the most important aspects of this kind of game. The goal here is to have "realistic" girls who are tied to an archetype but not entirely and can grow depending on your actions. We have 14 girls for now, with a cool variety of types. The age ranges from 20 to 45 (with the majority around 27), cup sizes from A to E (3 of each, except for E with 2), and different body types (fit, normal, sporty, chubby, etc.).

Each girl has a unique look (from body type to eye color, clothes, and everything else), a job, a hobby, a preferred location, food and drink preferences, a virgin status, 3 kinks, a preferred quality, a birthday, and starting sex stats.
These sex stats are sex drive, BST (bottom, switch, top), kink, and a cosplay list.
The sex stats can change depending on your actions, answers, and everything else. Therefore, a top girl with low sex drive can end up being a bottom nympho in the final game.

Additionally, each girl has some stats (not yet written) tied to the DCS. But before talking about that, let's focus more on the girls and how to make them feel realistic.

One objective of the game is to portray the character as a good guy and feel that every relationship is natural to get. Therefore, the affection system is going to be unique (see the DCS part), and each girl will have some kind of backstory and problem. Some girls are roommates, some are daughters, sisters, or nurses of other girls, and so on. You can also meet non-datable characters tied to the main ones in the city, like friends, teachers, exes, and more.

The girls are also human, and their relationships and problems will be a major objective for you. From a girl who acts rebellious so her mother notices her to a bartender who wants a cool relationship with someone without being tied to him, an ex coming back to annoy a girl, or a librarian who uses streaming to act like she really wants. Each girl has her unique past, problems, and ways of dealing with things that you will need to discover.

5) The biggest feature: The DCS (Dynamic Character System)

This is a major point of the game that can be a game changer if we manage to implement it well. However, I know it can be quite challenging, and I'm not even sure if the full system is possible without being a major studio.

The DCS allows the character, events, and everything else to change depending on how the player acts, some kind of randomness, and how the characters react to these actions. The points I mentioned earlier include the dynamic picture system and the evolutive sex stat, but there are more aspects tied to this system.

First, the characters move to each location by themselves, and the player cannot know where they are unless they call them. However, if the player calls them without a good reason, the character may become angry. Similarly, if the player asks for a date and doesn't show up, the character may be angry. Additionally, if the player calls during fixed times, such as when the character is working and has already told the player about it, the character may also be angry. Each of these "bad actions" can make the player lose some points or make the character less inclined to answer the phone or share information.

At each location, the player can act alone, join a girl at a meeting spot, look for her randomly, or just stroll. The player can also have multiple girls at each point, and this is something to take care of. For example, the player can "spy" on the girls by listening to their conversations to learn details or find out what one girl thinks about them. However, if the player talks to a girl about something she didn't tell them, she may become angry. The player will also be able to ask one girl to ask another girl questions for them.
Imagine the player is "dating" two girls and goes to the park with one, but the other sees them. Well, things can go really bad with that. This falls into the main DCS aspect: character interaction.

Each girl can interact with each other and have a different way of dealing with actions, which can evolve. Some girls will be okay with the player having sex with others, while others will be angry. Some may even become more aggressive or submissive with the player to deal with it. They also won't react the same way if they see the player with a random girl versus their best friend, sister, or anyone else. Their relationship can also change the way they react and behave.
The player will need to learn how each girl reacts during multiple playthroughs to master the game.

The game would use some kind of AI (if possible) to deal with the girl's actions in a better way and add some randomness to the game, better reactions, and some events between the girls. Additionally, the system would try to be "open" and allow other characters to be added quite easily for updates, fan-made content, and everything else (once again, I don't know if it's easy or not, as I'm not a programmer).

I think I said everything, maybe I forgot some things and I'm sorry for that (My notes are quites messy), I want to know if that idea is good, if it's possible, If I need to change that for making this working and everything...
Thanks for reading

Reactions: DuniX