I need some help to better promote my game.

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Promoting Hentai game? .. That is a really tough question.
Sometimes i wonder how "Summertime Saga" "Dating my Daughter" & "Big Brother" got so much popularity.
It's not like they got a famous Youtube guy to play it..

i guess the only way it to keep adding more to the game. Scenes, Fetishes. unique story lines & everything in between.
i'm not a Game Developer so i can't give you any insight what to do. Like you said you want your game to spread to a bigger audience then i suggest expanding your genres (If you games allows) and also if you can manages it.
I don't know if my comment was any help at all. but yeh what game to my mind :3

I will give your game a try and see if it suits my tastes of course :>

215303j

Be careful with that last sentence... A lot of forums sites frown on Thread Bumping... Posting non-sense or repeated messages just for the sole purpose of bumping a thread back to the top of the list... It's a good way to get yourself banned or ignored or a warning...
I hear what you are saying, btu I wasn't talking about myself or a dev doing it as a form of self promotion.

If you go to any of the main threads of the games in the popular games section, you'll find that many posts are either about:
- asking about the next update
- complaining about lack of content in the previous update
- asking for saves
- asking for a walkthrough
- asking for anything else that was already answered 10 posts before
- complaining about patreon milking
- agreeing with the other guy
- etc.

None of this is very constructive or insightful. All of them bring the thread back to front page.
And no, this isn't something you can or should do as self promotion.

Most things in my list, the dev has little influence on, except "lack of content" and "patreon milking", I think it's best to try and avoid both of those.

But like I said, in some of the popular games, there is a lot of controversy regarding certain game aspects, which generated a lot of attention / posts.

I think that a certain amount of controversy could help a game as well as it's thread.

Reactions: Mark17 and Zippity

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I think you're a little bit impatient @CedSense. You should have in mind that your game is in still relatively early phase. It's not like DMD, DoD or BB were instant hits with 1.000+ patrons since day 1.

Personally, I consider your game as one of the best new games around. My only complaint is about too much "he laughs/she laughs" comments in the last update, but that's a minor thing.

Best way to promote... F95 members will become patrons of games they like, but for "other" patrons I would go with the simple solution: contact other devs here, ask them to throw a bone, make an in-game comment about your game or some TV scene from your game in theirs. Of course, you should return a favour.

And remember - patience. You've got a really good game with huge potential. Keep up with good work and I'm sure you'll be in league with big boys.

Reactions: groove888

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
I would like to thank all of you for your suggestions and comments. I'll take the time to look into everything, to try what you told me.
It's a pleasure to be part of this community.
I hope you get the necessary support because your game is really good. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Reiralie

Mythic Manor Lead Concept Writer
Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Look into sub-reddits like /r/lewdgames and /r/nsfwgaming. There's a handful with a simple search on Reddit.

yung greene

Nov 28, 2017
turkvangogh on the hub is basically the youtube version of a game promoter, try talking to him

Deleted member 1610159

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2019
Hmm... In my opinion there is nothing meaningful you can do to promote it. The only issue you have is that our market is overloaded with same incest-type games and each new generation has less and less attention. With constant updates you should grow easily since your game is a slow starter. Most succesful games of this type have a lot of teasing and while your d looks amazing it's really slow in these terms as it has some story behind it. In my opinion you can only be patient as it's clear that at some point you'll grow rapidly in numbers. Honestly, it's a great way to test you as a developer.
Does having a story driven game makes it less attractive for players. Do the players want only sex scenes here there.

Last edited:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Does having a story makes it less attractive for players. Do the players want only sec scenes here there.
Depending on a type of story. Heavy story-telling is generally not a great idea in this business as it requires a lot of attention from people who are usually quite horny. But a well written light story is really appreciated. Decently written games tend to start slowly but in a span of few years (if they are still developed) they gather quite a crowd which is typically more stable than that of sex focused games. Well written games are a good thing (tho rare)

Deleted member 1610159

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2019
Depending on a type of story. Heavy story-telling is generally not a great idea in this business as it requires a lot of attention from people who are usually quite horny. But a well written light story is really appreciated. Decently written games tend to start slowly but in a span of few years (if they are still developed) they gather quite a crowd which is typically more stable than that of sex focused games. Well written games are a good thing (tho rare)
Thanks dude, so in the long term having a story driven game can prove to be a bigger success than that of sex driven games.
I asked that because I have created my first adult game, and I am planning to focus on story rather on random sex scene here and there. Of course there are enough scenes to make someone horny, but not like after every little encounter with a girl, like they do in most games nowadays.
I would really like it if you check out the game. I am going to release it in about a week. I dont know much about how to post here on f95 so figuring out how to post and do stuff here. Till then, Bye.