VN Ren'Py I really want to make a VN using Ren'Py and Koikatsu for the renders. Any tips? ^^

Sp1xyy

Dec 2, 2021
Hi!
I'm Claudia AKA VanillaSkyy and I'll start making a VN using Ren'Py and Koikatsu.
I know there must be many VN connoisseurs around here, so I would like to get some tips or something I should know before starting.
Thanks! <3

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
so I would like to get some tips or something I should know before starting.
Well, welcome in board, I'll give one tip, the same that I give to any future game author: Paying attention to the details, without loosing the big picture, is important.

So, who know, perhaps that the whole part of the forum dedicated to "development", and more particularly it's "Programming, Development & Art" sub section, can be a place where to start searching if this question haven't been asked, and answered, many times before.

Reactions: Sp1xyy

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Hi!
I'm Claudia AKA VanillaSkyy and I'll start making a VN using Ren'Py and Koikatsu.
I know there must be many VN connoisseurs around here, so I would like to get some tips or something I should know before starting.
Thanks! <3
God help you. That being said, it all depends what you want to make exactly... I always think it is just best to get into it and improve as you go, nothing better than learning on your own mistakes I dare say.

Sp1xyy

Dec 2, 2021
Well, welcome in board, I'll give one tip, the same that I give to any future game author: Paying attention to the details, without loosing the big picture, is important.

So, who know, perhaps that the whole part of the forum dedicated to "development", and more particularly it's "Programming, Development & Art" sub section, can be a place where to start searching if this question haven't been asked, and answered, many times before.
Okay! I'll not hesitate to ask any questions there then, thank you! <3

Sp1xyy

Dec 2, 2021
God help you. That being said, it all depends what you want to make exactly... I always think it is just best to get into it and improve as you go, nothing better than learning on your own mistakes I dare say.
That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Making my stories and learning from the feedback, whether is good or bad. Thanks! <3

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Try your hand in it! Eventually, you'll find ways to improve yourself further.

This might be considered as generic advice, but do make sure you put your passion in developing. It'll take time and hard work, and no one hates anything more than an abandoned game.

Once you have your inital release, you'll be able to weigh which aspects you'll need to develop on, and once you have that developer tag, there'll be loads of people to help you whenever you need advice.

Cheers, future fellow game dev!

Sp1xyy

Dec 2, 2021
Try your hand in it! Eventually, you'll find ways to improve yourself further.

This might be considered as generic advice, but do make sure you put your passion in developing. It'll take time and hard work, and no one hates anything more than an abandoned game.

Once you have your inital release, you'll be able to weigh which aspects you'll need to develop on, and once you have that developer tag, there'll be loads of people to help you whenever you need advice.

Cheers, future fellow game dev!
Thanks for the tips!
Btw, your game looks awesome! I'll play it for sure <3

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Making my stories and learning from the feedback, whether is good or bad. Thanks! <3
Ay, if you need any help feel free to poke me. Been in that damned studio for far too long myself. :kek