VN - Others - Completed - I Walk Among Zombies Vol. 3 [Final] [Seacoxx]

1. 5.00 star(s)

rickdavidson5

TLDR:
    Play The series
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Played Version : Final
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    The Good:
    • Great story continues
    • Great scenes continue
    • Good conclusion to the story
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Zer0x J360

I wanted to rate this game a 5 however, i'd say around the halfway mark, everything just went to shit (i'd give it a 3.5/5 but since i can't do that i put a 4 ). Despite how good the story was from the first 2 volumes, the last volume failed at impact. Sure the plot has some WOW moments. It fails to answer crucial questions and fails to deliver character emotions needed for this type of story (character development is poorly conveyed).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall its still a great game with a great ending and is worth playing all the way. I just wished they give atsushi (the zombie girl) and makiura (the doctor) more screen time, since it undermine previous knowledge gathered from Volume 2, or at least another route that could be played (more endings). Since i know theres a Manga thats currently being published, having the VN have multiple endings is in my opinion a much better selling point, since because theres only 1 true ending we can expect the Manga to end just like the VN did.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

cebulaprim

Pretty good story, with well-written characters that actually change and develop over the course of the volumes. This volume's plot -- in my opinion -- does fall quite short of making anything meaningful or interesting out of those developments (which is quite a shame, considering every character is far different than the people they were when you first meet them); much of the events that could be considered plot hooks of their own are relegated to footnotes in the epilogue as well. It has certainly left me wanting more, and with the new manga series based on this VN coming out, I'm interested to see if the author is willing to push beyond the original script this time around.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

randomname312

I really like this game, the first 2 game is absolutely amazing, I really like its plot and lore, while the first 2 game is slowly building up the expense and the real action come in during the Vol. 3 though, play this at night and wear earbud to maximize the oppress feeling the game bestow on you.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Strox

good novel, mc is shit like almost ever japanese mc not gonna commend a lot for avoid spoiler, but the girls always save, recommend! stay my like to Tokiko, just having one route for her made my way to here. if you are here you probably already pass by 1&2. Cya
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Nivla456

Love it I have read the novel first before discovering that they have made a game of it, I can say they the story has been followed, the art are spot on also the sex scripts love it, others may not like it because it consist a lot of text and me I like reading so it is a win for me.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

greatguy693121

I'd give this a 4 as well just like everyone else did, but then the rest of the series was really good so I did not feel like doing so. Yes, they did chop off 2 characters for no reason, and yes the ending was pretty rushed. But personally, I feel the journey was worth it. I do wish there was a 4th volume just exploring how they lived in the post apocalyptic world but it won't be coming lol. I do recommend this series for those who are interested.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

I really wanted to rate this game a 5 star all the way through and through I was even happy with the ending and the results. The reason I couldn't give this game a 5 star despite how good it was even till the ending is that they chopped off 2 characters like they were just disposable limbs of the story.

They never showed the doctor or atsushi again. How did they feel about the whole situation with Takemura and were they still a part of the group? Or did they get eaten by zombies? It does not explain and just cuts them off like the ending got rushed.

Overall its still a great game with a great ending it is 1000% worth playing all the way through I just wish they explained a bit more about atsushi and makiura.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Zakkuri

Spoilers for first two volumes ahead:

Pretty good. It was very well paced and the beats came in fast and consistent.
    I will say that the ending was a little off. It just felt like there were still plot threads to be tied up.

Overall, I was sad when it was over. Characters really did shine in this one. And when I say characters, I mean the only two that actually ever mattered in the series, Yuusuke and Mitsuki. I'm not saying that as some shipping vanilla drone or whatever, I'm saying that because the doctor has so much screentime in the second volume just to do nothing at all in the third. She was worse than useless. I was actually impressed just how useless she was, actually. I thought she'd at least be pushed forward as some sort of plot device. She honestly should've just been killed for shock value.
    As for Tokiko, she at least played a role, and it was fairly bittersweet. I have to wonder if there's not more she could've done, though. They kind of built up a whole 'awakening' subplot just to drop it.

I'll also say that the human antagonists that were hinted at in the first volume, and built up in the second, really sucked. I was expecting some sort of philosophy, as would any reader if they heard antagonists drone on about a 'new world' and stuff. They kind of just served as a comparison to how shitty humans can be, and make Yuusuke look a lot more preferable. I feel like Yuusuke as a character would've been much more compelling without such a device used to redeem him.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

lidinx

I'd say the ending is kind of weak, but the rest of the game and entirety of the series is worth the read. Zombie or apocalyptic visual novels are a rarity for the most part, and this one scratches that itch.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Game is decent. Although it felt shorter and weaker than the rest of the series, it's still worth a read. And for those worried, there is NO RAPE/NTR in the story.