Ren'Py IA2: Cock Hero Adventure [v.2.4.9] [Tribe]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Got this error. On ignoring, the video keeps looping.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2211, in script call
call expression enemy_personality + "_greeting_label" from _call_expression
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2351, in script call
call CH_start_label from _call_CH_start_label
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2817, in script
python:
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2821, in <module>
clip_duration = Duration_Of_Clip(shown_image)
File "game/scripts/imager_app.rpy", line 258, in Duration_Of_Clip
local_track_duration = (float(track.duration)/1000)
TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2211, in script call
call expression enemy_personality + "_greeting_label" from _call_expression
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2351, in script call
call CH_start_label from _call_CH_start_label
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2817, in script
python:
File "E:\Drivers\hide\iso\ImagerApp2-2.4.9.Public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Drivers\hide\iso\ImagerApp2-2.4.9.Public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/adventure.rpy", line 2821, in <module>
clip_duration = Duration_Of_Clip(shown_image)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Imagine Erotic Application 2: Cock Hero Adventure 2.4.9.Public
Tue Jun 11 02:38:53 2024
ive never seen this error

Oct 11, 2020
Got this error. On ignoring, the video keeps looping.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

If you are using my additional media content distribution "CH - Red on Red":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My apologies for the oversight of this file in the packages, will reupload correct full package to OP ASAP. Files with length 00:00.00 will cause this error. :D
If you are starting a new game:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tribe and anchit3

anchit3

Jul 10, 2017
If you are using my additional media content distribution "CH - Red on Red":
My apologies for the oversight of this file in the packages, will reupload correct full package to OP ASAP. Files with length 00:00.00 will cause this error. :D
If you are starting a new game:
That solved it. (y)

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Two ideas I've had for the Img/video player aspect - which have probably already been considered and/or addressed

1 - an accelerating tempo metronome
so it take the minimum stated BPM of metronome for videos, (X) and accelerates steadily to the maximum speed BPM for videos (Y) over the course of time equal to maximum length listed for video display (Z).

2 - an option to have videos play their full length - so that if you have vids lasting say 90 seconds, you have a steady metronome for the whole 90 secs before moving on to another video/img.

Oct 11, 2020
so it take the minimum stated BPM of metronome for videos, (X) and accelerates steadily to the maximum speed BPM for videos (Y) over the course of time equal to maximum length listed for video display (Z).
Cool idea. IIRC there is a large metronome update in the works...can't say I recall all the details :whistle:

Reactions: Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
Two ideas I've had for the Img/video player aspect - which have probably already been considered and/or addressed

2 - an option to have videos play their full length - so that if you have vids lasting say 90 seconds, you have a steady metronome for the whole 90 secs before moving on to another video/img.
I had to give this one a good think. Thank you for your suggestions!

Option 1 would be pretty awesome to have in the game if I knew how it could be possible. With Z being a random number I would have to find a way to procedurally generate pauses between playing a sound clip with a fixed size that may or may not exceed the length determined at the end (which would result in overlapping tracks if the beat is fast enough). If someone provided a solution I'd be up for it, but I simply don't see how this can be done in Ren'Py. Taking a fixed track and adjusting it's speed would be out of the question for several reasons.

Option 2 is doable. It's been considered, of course... As I've gone to great lengths to avoid playing whole clips. I can no longer recall the reason I didn't do this to begin with, but I trust it was something admirable. I'll put this one on the list and see about making this happen. :coffee:

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
I had to give this one a good think. Thank you for your suggestions!

Option 1 would be pretty awesome to have in the game if I knew how it could be possible. With Z being a random number I would have to find a way to procedurally generate pauses between playing a sound clip with a fixed size that may or may not exceed the length determined at the end (which would result in overlapping tracks if the beat is fast enough). If someone provided a solution I'd be up for it, but I simply don't see how this can be done in Ren'Py. Taking a fixed track and adjusting it's speed would be out of the question for several reasons.
don't make Z a random number
Especially if it's easier.
Equate Z to the input integer under preferences for "maximum length for video display".

So if the user's preference sets them as I have (Min length for vids 17 seconds / Max length 26 second), then the Option 1 as presented when this occurrence appears randomly, it always lasts for 26 seconds - starting at the bare minimum metronome bpm set in the preferences, and escalates to the maximum; perhaps reaching its zenith at about 90% through the video. So for my preferences, it would start at 60 bpm and max out at 180 (or 240 for Favorited) and that maximum would hit right about the 24 second mark and end at 26 seconds.

Im thinking it might be easier to set it up that way - but I really don't know. Was just my initial concept.

Oct 11, 2020
No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew.

Wave 15 is here...don't forget your cornstarch.

CH Latex by Bodybuilder
CH Latex 2 by Bodybuilder
CH Levels 2 by milovana
CH Levels 3.1 by milovana

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Tribe

Tribe

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
don't make Z a random number
Especially if it's easier.
Equate Z to the input integer under preferences for "maximum length for video display".

So if the user's preference sets them as I have (Min length for vids 17 seconds / Max length 26 second), then the Option 1 as presented when this occurrence appears randomly, it always lasts for 26 seconds - starting at the bare minimum metronome bpm set in the preferences, and escalates to the maximum; perhaps reaching its zenith at about 90% through the video. So for my preferences, it would start at 60 bpm and max out at 180 (or 240 for Favorited) and that maximum would hit right about the 24 second mark and end at 26 seconds.

Im thinking it might be easier to set it up that way - but I really don't know. Was just my initial concept.
What I meant by random wasn't to take the information and then randomly determine Z for playback, I meant that I (the coder) have no idea what the duration of the clip will be.

That said, I may have come up with an idea. It'll be really complicated... And perhaps a little crazy, but it might work. I'll add this to the list for now. My hope is that you understand that I love this idea, and would like to see it brought into reality. :coffee:Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020
Death is inevitable. Our fear of it makes us play safe, blocks out emotion.
It's a losing game. Without passion, you are already dead.

Wave 16 takes things to the motherfucking MAX

CH - Max by DaveJalf
CH - Max 2 by DaveJalf
CH - Max 3 by DaveJalf
CH - Max Mini by DaveJalf
(If anybody has Max Mini 2 and can share...I will add it in)

Reactions: GamerDaddy
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes