Icstor Discussion

U

User_215882

It, just by the previews, looks like its going to have a good chunk of content for the first release which is great. I just hope he doesn't rush this game or the updates. I'm willing to wait as long as the quality is good which, for the most part, ICSTOR does a good job at.

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Although I am liking what I saw in the preview I am going to exercise caution. Icstor really burned me last time around causing me to downgrade my contribution. I am hopeful he pulls something really good out this time and i'll happily come back.

U

User_215882

Although I am liking what I saw in the preview I am going to exercise caution. Icstor really burned me last time around causing me to downgrade my contribution. I am hopeful he pulls something really good out this time and i'll happily come back.
Same, I just went down to a dollar, but if this release delivers Il gladly go back to 10.

Reactions: Thrownaway13

Naypwn

Oct 25, 2017
One question. Since it uses Ren'Py, does that mean that the animations are going to be a lot worse than his previous games? Like 2-3 frame loops?

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
One question. Since it uses Ren'Py, does that mean that the animations are going to be a lot worse than his previous games? Like 2-3 frame loops?
What are you talking about ? He did a few animations with .webm files, and Ren'py support .webm normally, at least as far as i can tell...

Naypwn

Oct 25, 2017
He did a few animations with .webm files, and Ren'py support .webm normally, at least as far as i can tell...
Ok. I haven't studied Ren'Py in over a year, WebM for Ren'Py was still beta back then. That pretty much answered my question. Thanks.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
The sandbox + VN is good combo and works well for most game formats. I just hope it won't be as grindy as the RPGM titles he made. I can see some recurring characters like the boss from Incest Story 2, and some new ones like the younger character, which is promising in terms of variety!

But yeah, like Thrownaway13 said, I would also practice cautious optimism, as Icstor has let us down before already.

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
Ok. I haven't studied Ren'Py in over a year, WebM for Ren'Py was still beta back then. That pretty much answered my question. Thanks.
I've never touched the Ren'py engine itself, i only know this because i saw it in this project:

Greenmage

Oct 16, 2017
Preview looks great. The city/room movement is exactly what I wanted from ICSTOR in his transition to Ren'Py.

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
he doesn't really update his patreon at all anymore. all new news is on his site.

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Any news for milfy city?
Is Icstor looking for a mid-January or end of the month?
If in 2 months it's arrived at 65%, the game will be finished at the end of January... 3 month for finish the first update.
I have always the doubt that it could be the complete game, because in his site there is written "MC" without any version number after this acronym!