Idea I had as a new poster

Meh14

Aug 24, 2022
Well, there's a least three websites already doing this, , , and the name of the third one don't cross my mind right now. They would probably don't be against the idea to have one more writer, I know that lewdpixels are in search for some. Or you can also create your own blog.

The problem I see with the "one review, one thread", is the lack of interest and visibility behind it. It's not how, nor where, people will search for a review. People that wouldn't be on the forum at the right time would just don't know that your review thread exist ; this even if you post the link in the game thread, especially if it have a big traffic. And, obviously, people that would search for the name of the game, already know it and already want to test it, therefore they are less interested in your review.
At the opposite, one thread for all the reviews wouldn't works well either. People would be able to reply into the thread, what would turn it into a mess, even if you point to each reviews from the thread opening. The thread itself would probably be moved to the Off Topic section soon or later because of this.
Finally, and since I'm talking about the replies... How will you ensure that it will not turn into a moderation hell ? If you've the guts to badmouth about a game with a toxic fan base, the said fans will come to explain you how so terribly wrong you are, when they'll not limit to calling you names. Same if you say good things about a game, or dev, that crystallizes a lot of hatred around him.
Thank you so much for all of the good advice and suggestion I genuinely appreciate this comment, I will most definitely look into the aforementioned sites especially Lewdpixels, and I also appreciate the in depth analysis on what about my idea is flawed, I would although like to have my reviews visible to the community here in some way or another seeing as I am a big fan of F95 and the community so far, do you have any suggestions as far as this is concerned?

Also I just want to say thank you again, this was probably thee most helpful comment I could’ve hoped for.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I would although like to have my reviews visible to the community here in some way or another seeing as I am a big fan of F95 and the community so far, do you have any suggestions as far as this is concerned?
Well, the "my ratings" button, which is normally only visible to the owner of a profile, is being eventually made visible to everyone.
I think it's supposed to be in the works now but how long that will take... hell if i know. :whistle::coffee:
So yeah, in the future people will be able to go to your profile and see the "my ratings" button, where all your reviews are visible.

Reactions: Meh14

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I would although like to have my reviews visible to the community here in some way or another seeing as I am a big fan of F95 and the community so far, do you have any suggestions as far as this is concerned?
With the agreement of the staff* you can probably have a thread here where you'll update the opening, to add links to your reviews each time you write a new one. And, still with the agreement of the staff, you can probably add those links in the thread of the game you reviewed.
It would have the same visibility problem than having one thread by review, or for all ; it's something that, alas, can't really be fixed. But in the same time the reviews would be available for everyone here, and not here, who's already following lewdpixels. Plus, since the review would be somewhere else, it limit drastically the risk to have a fan base, or hater group, that would start to trash the thread.
Also, you can write short messages on your profile page, to warn people when you write a new review. With time, people will learn to look at your profile to find when you added some content, this even if in the end you don't link to it in a thread.

* It would be linking to another website after all. While it isn't prohibited, it's always a nice move to ask first since here it would be also indirect advertising for the said website.

Reactions: Meh14