If you're browsing new threads in general discussions today... (April 1 edition)

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
I thought it'd be too obvious and that no one would fall for it... Lesson learnt: staff really know zonies well.

Reactions: cooldude33

Bobbyboy48

Mar 1, 2021
I'm amazed too with how many fell for it. But I got to say that they made their prank look well.
I mean, it was pretty obvious, but I still laughed out loud and enjoyed reading the whole thing. Great prank!

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
I'm amazed too with how many fell for it. But I got to say that they made their prank look well.
It's not only how many fell (felling shocked at first glance is okay IMO), but also how many still think this isn't a joke.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Also, another lesson learnt: people may be shocked and worried, but they aren't furious like they were when the likes count kept decreasing. Likes are serious business.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's not only how many fell (felling shocked at first glance is okay IMO), but also how many still think this isn't a joke.
Yeah, the words "I hope this is a joke" continue to reverberate. David Hannum was correct - there is a "sucker born every minute." As well as Frederick S. Perls - "Two things are infinite, as far as we know – the universe and human stupidity."

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
If it looks like a duck, move like a duck and it quack, why assume that it isn't a duck ?

You are the fooled one by believing that it's a joke. They are the awaken ones by knowing that it isn't. You call them fool today, but tomorrow you'll see that they were rights and that you're nothing more than a sheep of the deep web.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Also, another lesson learnt: people may be shocked and worried, but they aren't furious like they were when the likes count kept decreasing. Likes are serious business.
Dunno, there's less fury but it seems there's a larger response in posts this year. 1 topic is around 50 pages now. Seems this was pretty serious business too for them.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

FleshSac

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
I think the thing that surprised me the most is how many people will blindly start a new thread before even glancing to see if the topic had already been covered in 17 other posts on the first page. No wonder there's so many "Why do people like/not like x fetish" threads.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Dunno, there's less fury but it seems there's a larger response in posts this year. 1 topic is around 50 pages now. Seems this was pretty serious business too for them.
I agree. I even seen few people for who it was their first post while being here for years. I wouldn't bet on it, but it looks like it even received more attention than the facepalm removing.

And god, way too many bought it without second thought... No wonder that there's still so many email scams :(