Daz IK chain

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Trying to find a way to improve my animating skills and to reduce the amount of manual work in there.
So I've got question to my fellow DAZ animators: do you guys use IK chains in your animations or you do most of the stuff manually.
Like, for example - you've got one character fucking another one. Do you use IK chain to make one characters inner labia to open up synchronized to second ones' penis or you do everything manually with moving stuff here and there?

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Do you use IK chain to make one characters inner labia to open up synchronized to second ones' penis or you do everything manually with moving stuff here and there?
IK does not works this way. It does not trigger morph (like labia open/close) it can keep penis direction, but better use "point at" on bones.
Moreover Daz IK are terrible. Better use some scripts like mcasual mcjAutoLimb, or 3d Universe limb stick.

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
IK does not works this way. It does not trigger morph (like labia open/close) it can keep penis direction, but better use "point at" on bones.
Moreover Daz IK are terrible. Better use some scripts like mcasual mcjAutoLimb, or 3d Universe limb stick.
Thanks for the reply. So, what's the solution if I want to have, for example, palm of a hand of one character to move in unison with, for example, palm of a hand of a second one?
To do everything manually? I mean, if I don't want to use any stuff outside of standard DAZ?

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
(...) palm of a hand of one character to move in unison with, for example, palm of a hand of a second one?
To do everything manually? I mean, if I don't want to use any stuff outside of standard DAZ?
Both scripts "mcjAutoLimb" and "limb stick" work "inside" Daz.
I started to write manual, but both authors made it better.

mcjAutolimb is free and let you stick any body parts, not only hand or foot (you can stick last segment of penis).
Limb Stick gives you few possibilities but is little bit easier to use.

Reactions: ScrewMe

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Both scripts "mcjAutoLimb" and "limb stick" work "inside" Daz.
I started to write manual, but both authors made it better.

mcjAutolimb is free and let you stick any body parts, not only hand or foot (you can stick last segment of penis).
Limb Stick gives you few possibilities but is little bit easier to use.

I probably misspoke, my bad. I mean, without any utilities at all.
Will have to look to the ones you've shown in here.
Anyway, thanks for your time.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
I probably misspoke, my bad. I mean, without any utilities at all.
Will have to look to the ones you've shown in here.
Anyway, thanks for your time.
You can either PIN hand, which should be sticked and manipulate tranlsate/rotate other body part at keyframes. It can be done with ROTATE or TRANSLATE or UNIVERSAL tool. You can rotate bodypart (hip can be rotate and translate, other body part rotate only) as well, but you must use slider DO NOT write number.
IMO it is very hard and reqires very sure hands. I do not reccomend it for newbies - you must know how keyframes work and usualy adjust non keyframes, moreover it is not very accurate and limbs usualy change its position.