3D-HoneySelect [ILLUSION Studio Art] - Show Us Your Skill

Jan 10, 2020
~ The Lord and his Wives ~
All of the females are from Cherrygig's *Honey Pot* series, while the male character is just my own personal created work (obviously wearing FFVIII's Squall Lionhearts clothing set).

From Left to Right: Arwen (High-Elf), Arwen's Mom (High-Elf, and yes, she's only given that description for her name, nothing else thus far), Larissa (Tiefling or the Reddish Horned Girl), Sinafay (Drow Elf), and Eloywn (Copper-Elf)
The Lord and his Wives.png

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for the critique, I originally had it to be more natural, however I did not like it, as the intention was that it was on a "Mars like" Red Planet, I went for a more reddish look, hence why I finished with the final results here.

Last edited:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Thanks for the critique, I originally had it be more natural, however I did not like it, as the intention was that it was on a "Mars like" Red Planet, I went for a more reddish look, hence why I finished with the final results here.
Feel free to ignore this critique if it doesn't suit what you're going for:

I think the reason it looks off personally, is because instead of it seeming like there's a physical red light source in the scene, it feels like you just put a red filter/opacity layer on top of the entire scene, which feels less natural and makes it look a little washed out and dimmed. Perhaps you could add an actual red light source to the left and remove the filter (if you're using one), or adjust the curves (I'm not sure if you're doing any post-processing in Photoshop or other image editors) to make it look less dim and flat.

Other than that, it looks really good models, posing, and environment wise.

Reactions: ABQ-NEW
Jan 10, 2020
Feel free to ignore this critique if it doesn't suit what you're going for:

I think the reason it looks off personally, is because instead of it seeming like there's a physical red light source in the scene, it feels like you just put a red filter/opacity layer on top of the entire scene, which feels less natural and makes it look a little washed out and dimmed. Perhaps you could add an actual red light source to the left and remove the filter (if you're using one), or adjust the curves (I'm not sure if you're doing any post-processing in Photoshop or other image editors) to make it look less dim and flat.

Other than that, it looks really good models, posing, and environment wise.

No, it's cool, I like critiques, I'm new to the lighting of HS1, since I'm on the discord, and have requested on how to properly light, I'm hoping that I improve. Yeah, I've actually used multiple light sources in that screenshot actually, however again, I'm not the best since I don't understand sometimes the lighting, or what I should use as staples or the "main" lights before setting the secondaries and so on.

Definitely something I will try to improve going forward as usual. Again, I'm not against people telling me how to improve, which is the entirety of it, I believe what makes someone good is if they are willing to hear the critiques and improve upon it, at least that's my opinion.

Thanks as always, and will post more in the future.

Last edited:

garbage.kun

Jun 8, 2018
I think you should add some warm light to the left one, to accentuate the clothes .
hahaha yeah, the bird's texture has a lot to be desired. it's also kinda low poly, but its the one of the few ones with FK nodes (i think... i kinda forgot). so i opted for the "mysterious silhouette" look :p

thx :D yeah, i was never too satisfied with the lighting. maybe i'll try your suggestion later. the bird should be able to stay as a silhouette since all the light source are spot lights

another one, but this one is a still a WIP. still trying to get the dreamy feel without getting the whiteout on her chest. the extra veiny skin is intentional
HS2_2024-02-06-07-21-01-434.png

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
hahaha yeah, the bird's texture has a lot to be desired. it's also kinda low poly, but its the one of the few ones with FK nodes (i think... i kinda forgot). so i opted for the "mysterious silhouette" look :p

thx :D yeah, i was never too satisfied with the lighting. maybe i'll try your suggestion later. the bird should be able to stay as a silhouette since all the light source are spot lights

another one, but this one is a still a WIP. still trying to get the dreamy feel without getting the whiteout on her chest. the extra veiny skin is intentional
View attachment 3514895
You can change shader in material editor for a bird for "silhouette" so it wouldnt recieve light.

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
1. It seems you aerith face skin is completly not the same as body.
2. You should download some post-processing presets from discord and try them on. (if you havent already)
3. I would have turn of the sun and add light manually so it wouldn't have such defined borders.

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
HS2_2024-04-06-15-47-11-135.png HS2_2024-04-06-15-48-26-939.png

What do you think about Mei from Overwatch cosplaying Lucy from Cyberpunk in a completely dark room and a giant glowstick?

• Red Heart
Reactions: ABQ-NEW

garbage.kun

Jun 8, 2018
technically interesting, but BBW is not really my taste :) Is the glowstick a cylinder with max emission in combination with increasing the bloom setting in Graphics ?

a kinda annoying thing about HS2 (i'm assuming its HS2) is if I use white hair (like your lucy here), it always lit up regardless of lighting -_-

i think i ended up changing it to a darker color in one of my sketch and put a really strong but narrow spotlight to give the illusion that the hair is correctly lit, but your mileage may vary. i think i ended up discarding that sketch because of that problem :p

edited:

turns out i tweaked the hair's shader settings and just add some volumetric shadow to try to darken them. still not what i was aiming for, but at least the hair no longer glow in the dark too much temp.png

Last edited: