I'm gonna make a game alone and need some advice in which tools to use to draw assets

Nerdskarlate

Oct 12, 2018
Hi, i'm going to make a game in ren'py but i don't know shit about design and drawing so i need a tool to create the characters and etc... but i don't know what to use.

I know how to program, i have the script, but i kinda lost in this part

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Hi, i'm going to make a game in ren'py but i don't know shit about design and drawing so i need a tool to create the characters and etc... but i don't know what to use.

I know how to program, i have the script, but i kinda lost in this part
If you want an anime style then most people use Koikatsu but I think Emotion Creators also works but it is more of an all-in-one character creator plus VN engine. Most who create the anime style use koikatsu, HS Tutor uses Koikatsu if you want to see what that looks like.

If you like the more realistic art, then all I know of is Honey Select 2 which is rather limited in what you can do with it. I don't think that is what most people use. Harem Hotel uses an older illusion game with the same engine(either Honey Select 1 or Ai-Shoujo) if you want to see what that looks like. However, I do believe 90% of creators use a different program but I'm not sure which one, that being said, it is an option.

Reactions: Vhaerun