Daz I'm in Face Transfer to Fem Gens to GPv2 hell ! :)

ISubby

Jul 9, 2022
Capture.JPG

Hi, I'm new and am having a problem with a sequence of steps in DAZ. I'm really struggling after days of research on how to figure this out, so I thought I'd register and reach out here.
  1. I started with a Face Transfer & save to get the face and general body textures/maps. This part went well.
  2. Then I added a shaping preset I made in another model, and that went well too (very proud of myself for figuring out this one!).
  3. Then I added fem gens and that loaded fine -> have the grey box.
  4. I made my own surfaces with the face transfer so I couldn't load a default surface from a commercial character. So then after a lot of research I was able to copy the torso surface from my face transfer save, and manipulate it with the horizontal and vertical tiles and offsets to get it to cover the whole fem gens shell area. Its close, but not perfect. I don't see how people are just adding the torso surface and are good to go as they mention on the forums. I'm clearly missing something here. I even tried to download the "CaymanStudios_torso-uvs-for-g3f-anatomical-elements_76084" and plopped it into the Genesis 8 folder and it seemed to install fine, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it (I clicked the char in the scene, then the grey area, then the "Base Female Torso UVs"). The Cayman directions talk about messing with the AoA subsurface shaders, but that doesnt do anything for me either.
  5. Ok, so the second problem is that I want to be able to add other anatomy features like Golden Palace v2, but when I add that, I get what you see in the pic. I had to hide the two white GP shells to make that look ok.. Maybe that will come back to bite me later?! Its really obvious that two GP and fem gen shells are added together and they are using different surfaces and areas.
I'd really appreciate any help on getting past these points so I can continue modding. I don't want to continue on only to find I have to start over because I made a sequence of events error! The GPv2 is mostly fine on its own, but the main reason I want the fem gens in the model is that I don't like the hair options that come with the GPv2. There are much better ones using the fem gen shell..

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
there should be a button look like this

white-door-11533018356ewaxkmqcmx.png

this should fix your golden palace problem

ISubby

Jul 9, 2022
Hi Ray. The golden palace mat is correct if you look at the pic. Its the fem gen map around it that needs help. The GP shell is smaller than the gens map unfortunately.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
View attachment 1915034

Hi, I'm new and am having a problem with a sequence of steps in DAZ. I'm really struggling after days of research on how to figure this out, so I thought I'd register and reach out here.
  1. I started with a Face Transfer & save to get the face and general body textures/maps. This part went well.
  2. Then I added a shaping preset I made in another model, and that went well too (very proud of myself for figuring out this one!).
  3. Then I added fem gens and that loaded fine -> have the grey box.
  4. I made my own surfaces with the face transfer so I couldn't load a default surface from a commercial character. So then after a lot of research I was able to copy the torso surface from my face transfer save, and manipulate it with the horizontal and vertical tiles and offsets to get it to cover the whole fem gens shell area. Its close, but not perfect. I don't see how people are just adding the torso surface and are good to go as they mention on the forums. I'm clearly missing something here. I even tried to download the "CaymanStudios_torso-uvs-for-g3f-anatomical-elements_76084" and plopped it into the Genesis 8 folder and it seemed to install fine, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it (I clicked the char in the scene, then the grey area, then the "Base Female Torso UVs"). The Cayman directions talk about messing with the AoA subsurface shaders, but that doesnt do anything for me either.
  5. Ok, so the second problem is that I want to be able to add other anatomy features like Golden Palace v2, but when I add that, I get what you see in the pic. I had to hide the two white GP shells to make that look ok.. Maybe that will come back to bite me later?! Its really obvious that two GP and fem gen shells are added together and they are using different surfaces and areas.
I'd really appreciate any help on getting past these points so I can continue modding. I don't want to continue on only to find I have to start over because I made a sequence of events error! The GPv2 is mostly fine on its own, but the main reason I want the fem gens in the model is that I don't like the hair options that come with the GPv2. There are much better ones using the fem gen shell..
I am not sure I understand well.

You shouldn't have to modify horizontal and vertical tiles offsets (?). Golden palace has it's own Torso-To-Genital UV, you shouldn't have to use "CaymanStudios_torso-uvs-for-g3f-anatomical-elements_76084". AoA subsurface shaders are used with 3DL, not Iray. I'm very confused at what you're trying to achieve. First what geograft for genital do you want to use, Golden palace or Daz Genesis genitalia?

ISubby

Jul 9, 2022
First what geograft for genital do you want to use, Golden palace or Daz Genesis genitalia?
I want to use both.. I want to use the GP for the physical lady bits, and I want to use the genesis gen for the genital hair. Is it possible to do this?! I like the Kaluma's strand based for the hair more than the GP/growler.

BTW when I tried to use growler it wasnt mapping/placing correctly so I gave up on that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I want to use both.. I want to use the GP for the physical lady bits, and I want to use the genesis gen for the genital hair. Is it possible to do this?! I like the Kaluma's strand based for the hair more than the GP/growler.

BTW when I tried to use growler it wasnt mapping/placing correctly so I gave up on that.
Ah ok, I understand better know.
Sadly I don't have the asset and couldn't find it on the usual sites.

Few workaround I can think of:

-Force GP to identify as Daz Genital via Edit>Object>Scene Identification (and go back to GP default once asset loaded).

-Load figure, load GP on figure. Load Daz genitalia on the void (-> Not on the figure), and place it to match GP approximately. Remove all maps on the Daz genitalia surface and set cutout opacity to 0. Parent your invisible Daz Genitalia on GP and load the asset on it.

Now sure any of this gonna work, as I'm not sure how asset is done.