i'm making a Game, What do you want (very short poll)?

What aspect of a game would make you pay for it ?

• Total voters

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Where's the choice for "a game that I found interesting enough to worth being bought" ?

Because it's not the arts, the story, or the game mechanism, that will decide me, but the combination of everything.

I can just answer what would make me want to not buy it, and it's the "easy/fast sex" and "incorporated cheat/WT/gallery unlocker". If a dev feel the need to have one or the other, then himself know that his game seriously lack of interest by itself, and I'll not contradict him on this.

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
All of the above!

But if you want a "business" angle and to make money sure I can help you there. Question is do you want to make money and it be a painful process or do you want to make money while doing something you are interested in?

First let me introduce you to a game that is a success in the H-game industry, "A Wife and Mother" here on F95. Some 6500(+) pages of fan comments and criticisms. It's just an example I can easily call off the top of my head. That is your bench mark you ought to be aiming for. People call it interest and popularity, think I-phone verse Android.

Tools you will need is first and absolute is commitment to your project. Second, you will need talent. And third you need a team. If you are a one-man band, like in the above forementioned game, that size of a project may make you abandon it because of just the size of it. Honestly, I'd love to write for a developer who has plugged away at the same game by themselves for the last five or six years as in the example.

The game itself. You could go for the market approach as to the genre of the game as to what is popular, but any short coming in the above required tools then expect failure. In the beginning you are going to need to come out of the gate (the start) with lots of content. I have seen so few successful "pilot" games gain any kind of following that a project just dies. Your first release of your game has to be "clean" of any defects in plot, story line, art, functionality, and free of glitches. It's hard to overcome defects since it will taint the whole project.

Marketing of the game is huge to make the startup worth all the effort. If you put up a class-A project and no one knows about it, why even bother in the first place. So you will need some catchy packaging to grab the eye of someone browsing the genre you are in. Word of mouth here on F95 and other social networks will get you almost the fan base you will need to take off running.

Lastly, you, yourself is the key to success. Don't be afraid to recruit or seek out those who can help you. But be able to spot BS when it shows up. Remember if you are serious, your name and reputation are your currency to those that want to help you or work for you. Your work is your brand, and the brand is everything when it comes to income generation. Make a great game and people will seek out other projects you have created in the future. The hardest part is just being willing to work your ass off. First impressions are the worst since it's so hard to fix a bad first impression.

Reactions: hulrien

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Personally slow burn relationships where the girls take a long time to have sex with are my favorite. As it comes off as more realistic than forced to me for the sake of adding lewd scenes. When I say slow I mean slow somewhere around 5-8 episode mark for the first lewd scene is what generally would feel about right to much for a true slow burn unless the story and writing is just really good in a way it makes sense. But it should not lose the slow burn nature or feel just because the MC had sex with the LI.

But I don't think the type of game matter that much if you dont have a story / plan already. You should just make the game around the story / characters you made a plan for already and not alter it just to fit a theme that will please the commenters on this site. Because one you will never please everyone, 2 alterations from your original idea has a higher chance of the game not being as good and coming off as forced content which is never a good thing.

Reactions: hulrien

hulrien

Dec 12, 2018
How will you break through the noise?
Quality. I was wondering if I wanted to do a quick game or a good one. Well ... I cannot do stuff quick and dirty. The art is still the great unknown. But I started the code (ren'py) and I already have a Parallax background implementation based on mouse position and a focus making object blurry or not, also depending on mouse position. Bref, started and I don't think I'll give up.

will see

Last edited:

hulrien

Dec 12, 2018
to come out of the gate (the start) with lots of content. I have seen so few successful "pilot" games gain any kind of following that a project just dies.
Totally agree. I automatically skip when I see "0.1" as version. I need to find the good amount to release, to not release a 100 scenes game and hope it work, but also to not work 3 years on it in a submarin way.

Dessolos I like slow burn also (not too slow :p ), if I go this way, I'll need a feature that allow dirty wankers to get what they want early in the game (dream, hookers ?)

Murmeli12

Oct 7, 2019
Just a short note. I actually find The "useless" tasks also very nice. It gives a bit of realism, as we are somewhere in between of a novel and game. It should Be an immersive world and s story one can relate to. If you are fighting yaoi Monsters but doing laundry and dishes, its a lot easier to relate than with just The Monsters and fighting. Sorry for the weird capitals, foreign android here.

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
Totally agree. I automatically skip when I see "0.1" as version. I need to find the good amount to release, to not release a 100 scenes game and hope it work, but also to not work 3 years on it in a submarin way.

Dessolos I like slow burn also (not too slow :p ), if I go this way, I'll need a feature that allow dirty wankers to get what they want early in the game (dream, hookers ?)
______________________________++++++_______________________________________________________________

Feel free to hit me up for ideas or help. Yes, I am a starving writer working for the pleasure of it... it doesn't have to be erotic content for me to write about either--not surprisingly its often an easier sell. However, my main strength is business and organization. I don't know what it is you are needing the most, but my instincts are telling me you need direction in one or several areas, and I am a friendly ear and don't mind spending time to assist