i'm making a Game, What do you want (very short poll)?

What aspect of a game would make you pay for it ?

• Total voters

hulrien

Dec 12, 2018
Hello there !

I start to create a game. To be more precise I did some test to verify if I could be able to do so. It appear that I can !

I'm developer, so I could do some cool stuff, but even If I want to enjoy this project, making my own choice as a creator.,I also have the honesty to admit I'm doing it for money.

So, I don't want to start something to complex, spending time on it and end up abandoning my game because nobody play to it. Before going further If I start this project everything will be free after some time, something like :
  • Free release after 1 weeks
  • Patreon content and Gallery unlocker on the next release

Here I am to ask you THE question : What aspect of a game would make you pay for it ? You have a short poll directly on this thread and you 3 additionals poll with 5-7 choices (for the most motivated people) here :

I would be very glad if you could take some time to anwser some of them.

It's maybe a time lost,, Maybe I won't manage to do it, but if I do, I can promise you quality !

Hope you will fill me up

gjrfgjrf

Aug 30, 2023
I'm surprised the sandbox got so many votes. For me it's like - as soon as I see the sandbox interface, I delete the game. And I think you should add another choice to the poll - avoidable sex because unavoidable sex is the most repulsive thing possible, it's just disgusting. Whatever game you make, whatever story there is, but there should always be an option to change your mind before sex happens, if it's an important character, because often you make the choice to tease someone or to go home with someone, and then some crappy comic book mode kicks in and sex happens. It's just not good.

Last edited:

TheRemover

Nov 30, 2017
I'll pitch in to say that a good way to make me not want to pay for (or play at all) a game is poor writing. And I don't mean just shitty storytelling but constant spelling issues, grammar issues, etc.

A game that communicates with all the language skill of a second-grader that's the worst in his class is not an enjoyable one.

hulrien

Dec 12, 2018
Nadekai The story and the character will be mine. it will be fun for sure ! Thanks

gjrfgjrf I must be agree with you, a lite sandbox can be fun. But it's often a killer for me. I will probably do both, VN mode and Sandbox. I already started my small "engine" with this idea in mind.

TheRemover Even without being a native speaker (French, hopefully my writting is better than my accent), I can get you. Be sure I'll get some help from native speaker

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Only the "Completed" tag will make me pay for the game. Nothing else matters as long as the game is in development. Even if it is the most interesting story with the most juicy sex scenes.

Reactions: aura95

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I want wannabe so-called developers to stop fucking polling before they write one single line of code.

I know we're not supposed to kink shame - but when did polling become a kink for people who think they want to make their own game?!

If you are making a game in the attempt to make money, don't. Stop right now and go get a job in your neighborhood or put an ad on fivrr or similar. About half of the adult game developers on Patreon bring in only $100 USD per month after 2 years or more of trying. 20% make more than $1000 USD per month. 10% make more than $2500 USD monthly.

If you are making a game because you have a vision, a calling, a mission, a story to tell that isn't being told - then make the game. That is what's going to be your motivation when you stare at your Patreon stagnating for the 20th consecutive month. Your own personal goals are what are going to keep you drive toward completing the game when you face armchair critics who have never tried a damn thing who think they know more about art, storyline and development than you. It's the light at the end of the tunnel you will keep moving toward when all seems dark because you've invested thousands of hours and quite a bit of dough (on equipment, apps, assets, electricity, coffee, no-doz, whatever) and have spent more on doing something than you have received.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Assets
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
There's a million different fucking "what game should I make" polls on this site.
If you're interested in making games for the money only, then you're probably going to fall at the first hurdle.

Make a game that you are passionate about.

What skills do you have already or are learning?
I'm currently making a game that I alone am passionate about. It's taken a good year to learn the skills necessary and I'm now learning Daz to make the characters as I see fit.

Develop a skill, practice it, join an already established team or just crack on and release a game.

hulrien

Dec 12, 2018
Count Morado Partially agree with you, maybe if F95Zone was sharing some stats on the most searched tags, it would have avoid such topic. Maybe they do but I didn't find. Trying to know what people want is the base of every business plan. I could have done a script get the top 10 games for each tag and try to find their Patreon revenue for each. But I tried first to ask, quicker, easier. You spend probably more than 30 minutes to write this useful message (no trolling here), where you could have gone your way. So thank you !

Speaking about statistic, thanks for the sharing about Patreon revenue, very interresting.
Even if I'm not planning to leave my job (loan to pay, bitchies and cocain also cost a lot), still very interesting to have those stats.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i'll just say ... hulrien just make a game the way you want it ... put it here and lets see what you come up with ... i think you'll find out pretty quickly what we as players like and don't like .. good luck my friend :)

Reactions: hulrien

hulrien

Dec 12, 2018
Thicc Lord Same, partially agree, doing that by passion is fucking great. But wanting to know if it possible to make some money doesn't hurt, at the end I will end up with some time lost. not a big deal. Not planing not leave my job for that.

As I mention. I'm a developer (Backend senior), so this part will be the easiest for me. Fir the art, I'm quit good with Blender, one of my passion for years. for the rest (Storytelling, character creation, ....) well, will see

Reactions: ImperialD

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
maybe if F95Zone was sharing some stats on the most searched tags, it would have avoid such topic. Maybe they do but I didn't find.
just read back the recent threads and you'll find 1-2 posts exactly like yours on every single page. a lot of them will have the same exact comments you got here, but also countless polls just like yours. everything you can hope to achieve with this thread has been covered by others a thousand times over. you just need to read back a few pages of threads, that's all.

one more thing that hasn't been said yet: people are not annoyed just because you ask the same old questions, but because literally none of you guys ever come back with a game. after this thread we'll never ever hear from you, but in 3-4 days someone else is gonna make this same exact thread. and he's gonna say the same things you've said, and then we're never gonna see him either.

and maybe that's because all you guys make the correct conclusion from your thread and abandon the idea of making a game as clearly unprofitable, but whatever the reason is it's hard to take any of you seriously when you don't actually make anything.

now, I hope you don't take all this as a reason to forget your game, but instead get fired up and decide to show us. but many people who have responded to you ARE making games and know better, and we're only saying these things because we know your approach is not just wrong but unsustainable. you will not survive the amount of work necessary if you're not making what YOU want to play.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Look at this and this by the same dev. Both got plenty of mocking here. Then look at . Something most devs can only dream of.

Catering to the tastes of F95 isn't the way to financial success that you poll devs seem to believe it is. Hitting it big is always about a lot of luck too, not just steady dedication or the perfect mix of kinks. So no, I don't recommend you make a diaper shit game either.

Last edited:
Reactions: hulrien

hulrien

Dec 12, 2018
Jaike One of my friend is earning her life by doing ABDL content .... This guy is a genius xD

I started to code this week, I'll base my game on Ren'py (as 90% of game here). We'll see what I can do.

already have a small engine allowing to choose between VN and Sandbox mode using the same story file. The art itself will be the hard part

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Count Morado Partially agree with you, maybe if F95Zone was sharing some stats on the most searched tags, it would have avoid such topic. Maybe they do but I didn't find. Trying to know what people want is the base of every business plan. I could have done a script get the top 10 games for each tag and try to find their Patreon revenue for each. But I tried first to ask, quicker, easier. You spend probably more than 30 minutes to write this useful message (no trolling here), where you could have gone your way. So thank you !

Speaking about statistic, thanks for the sharing about Patreon revenue, very interresting.
Even if I'm not planning to leave my job (loan to pay, bitchies and cocain also cost a lot), still very interesting to have those stats.
I spent maybe 5 minutes because this question/polling has come up so much lately that some of it is copy/paste and some is easy to remember and build off from.

It is very simple to find what tags are considered the most popular because these are the tags most often used.

Go to "Latest Updates" and then open the filters and scroll through the tags list. Find the tags with the highest numbers. Done.
1697364764585.png

You could have also simply gone to ghttps://graphtreon.com/patreon-creators/adult-games and looked at the top Patreon accounts of adult game developers and then cross-referenced their tags.

But remember that if you make a game with the most popular tags, you are in competition with the thousands of other games with those same tags. How will you break through the noise?

The odds of you making a living or even pay the bills making an adult game are completely against you. Based upon your posts - you think you can game the system and beat the odds. Best of luck. The best way to hedge possible success is to do what many of us already said - make a game that you want to play that no one has made already - that way, even if it goes nowhere, you will feel creatively satisfied while building up your knowledge, ability, and skills for future endeavors.

Reactions: hulrien and LS47