Would this be considered NTR?

troufas

Nov 13, 2018
Here's the plot:

You are the MC (male or female, doesn't matter). There are 2 NPCs (lets call them Bob and Jane) and each of them is in a relationship with a different person. Bob and Jane know each other, they find each other attractive, but have no feelings, or desire to cheat their partner with one another, they are just friends/coworkers.

Here comes you, the MC and you somehow (magic, corruption, hypnosis etc) force Bob and Jane to have sex with each other. Lets imagine these scenarios:
• You use some sort of force (lets assume magic tentacles), to basically force sex between them. They are both aware and struggling, they don't want this but it feels nice after a while
• You use some sort of stimulant to make them need to have sex now and you cleverly position them close to each other so they find and fuck each other. They can still feel it's wrong but they are overwhelmed by the stimulant and can't help it. After it's done i can think of two different scenarios: they recall and resent that it happened or they pass out and lose all memory of the event after taking in the stimulant
• You hypnotize them and basically make them have sex like they want it, not being aware of their actions nor having any memory of it after the effect wears off

Is any of this considered NTR (i am asking because i am building up a story for a game and my understanding of these terms is dodgy to say the least, plus i've heard in many games discussion page that ppl hate NTR)?
If none of the above scenarios is considered NTR, then do they have specific names that i am missing?

Thanks for your help!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Here's the plot:

You are the MC (male or female, doesn't matter). There are 2 NPCs (lets call them Bob and Jane) and each of them is in a relationship with a different person. Bob and Jane know each other, they find each other attractive, but have no feelings, or desire to cheat their partner with one another, they are just friends/coworkers.

Here comes you, the MC and you somehow (magic, corruption, hypnosis etc) force Bob and Jane to have sex with each other. Lets imagine these scenarios:
• You use some sort of force (lets assume magic tentacles), to basically force sex between them. They are both aware and struggling, they don't want this but it feels nice after a while
• You use some sort of stimulant to make them need to have sex now and you cleverly position them close to each other so they find and fuck each other. They can still feel it's wrong but they are overwhelmed by the stimulant and can't help it. After it's done i can think of two different scenarios: they recall and resent that it happened or they pass out and lose all memory of the event after taking in the stimulant
• You hypnotize them and basically make them have sex like they want it, not being aware of their actions nor having any memory of it after the effect wears off

Is any of this considered NTR (i am asking because i am building up a story for a game and my understanding of these terms is dodgy to say the least, plus i've heard in many games discussion page that ppl hate NTR)?
If none of the above scenarios is considered NTR, then do they have specific names that i am missing?

Thanks for your help!
"Which" one of the three "NTR" do you mean? For context, NTR originally was the abbreviation for Netorare. Then laziness or misunderstanding had people using it for three different terms - netorare, netori, and netorase. This is one reason why F95 has removed the tag NTR and replaced it with Netorare. In the planned tags list, they also are expected to add netori and netorase.

In the end it doesn't matter. Netorare, Netori, and Netorase are typically all defined from the point of view of the main character or the player. So no - nothing you list is any of the three because the MC is not being cheated upon, they aren't allowing their partner to have sex with others, and they aren't taking other's partners for their own.

Possible alternative tags (from the planned tags list):
corruptionCorrupting someone's mind or morals, and robbing them of their purity/innocence
drugsAny drug substance used to alter the sate of mind for sexual means or pleasure
mind-controlForcing someone to do something on their own against their will, either with powers or drugs
rapeForced or non-consensual sex

Also, there are people who love netorare, people who hate netorare, and people like me who don't give a shit about netorare. Make the game YOU want to make as if someone was making a game specifically for your enjoyment. Haters will hate. Lovers will swoon. Others will play if they decide the content is good enough. If you're developing a game to appease people, don't. If you're developing a game because you are drawn to do it, do.

troufas

Nov 13, 2018
Thanks for the clarification!

and they aren't taking other's partners for their own
This didn't occur to me when writing, but i might have this in as well. While thinking of scenarios where the MC would have sex with some one else's partner, it occurred that they might be a fit for my story sparingly. But there are many differentiations here too:

• It's just the MC and one partner. The other partner doesn't know it's happening
• It's the MC and both the partners but the MC is having sex with only one of them while the other is helpless to intervene (i think this might be the one people don't like. I felt angry just writing that sentence) Assuming no homosexuality in this scenario would the NTR categorization (if any) be different for a male vs a female MC?
• The MC is having a corrupted/hypnotized threesome with both of them

would the verdict for the above scenarios be different if the MC was a boy vs a girl?

Also another scenario i would like input on.

Lets say the MC is a magical female creature and she lures a couple to a trap with the intent to have sex with them to gain something (so her motive is not pleasure, but to gain something, but it has to be through sex) and the couple also know about this creature and her ways and are afraid of her. So the MC successfully lures the couple to the trap and she then isolates the female and tries to get her thing by bringing her to orgasm while the male watches and struggles (not because of jealousy but because he is afraid for his GFs life). Once the MC is finished with the female partner, she then takes on the male one, doing the same thing to him. Is that any form of NTR?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Due to the last words in the quote, there's only one question to ask: Will the MC have sex with Jane, or will the story looks like at some time the MC will want, or have the possibility, to have sex with Jane ?

It the answer is "yes", then you'll see people yelling that it's NTR, that your game should be burned and you with it.
If the answer is "no", then you'll see (a bit less) people yelling (but a little quieter) that it looks like NTR, but that they aren't really sure if they should burn your game or not.

It's, alas, how it works. If another male character than the MC will have sex, there will be people to claim that it's NTR.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks for the clarification!

This didn't occur to me when writing, but i might have this in as well. While thinking of scenarios where the MC would have sex with some one else's partner, it occurred that they might be a fit for my story sparingly. But there are many differentiations here too:

• It's just the MC and one partner. The other partner doesn't know it's happening
• It's the MC and both the partners but the MC is having sex with only one of them while the other is helpless to intervene (i think this might be the one people don't like. I felt angry just writing that sentence) Assuming no homosexuality in this scenario would the NTR categorization (if any) be different for a male vs a female MC?
• The MC is having a corrupted/hypnotized threesome with both of them

would the verdict for the above scenarios be different if the MC was a boy vs a girl?

Also another scenario i would like input on.

Lets say the MC is a magical female creature and she lures a couple to a trap with the intent to have sex with them to gain something (so her motive is not pleasure, but to gain something, but it has to be through sex) and the couple also know about this creature and her ways and are afraid of her. So the MC successfully lures the couple to the trap and she then isolates the female and tries to get her thing by bringing her to orgasm while the male watches and struggles (not because of jealousy but because he is afraid for his GFs life). Once the MC is finished with the female partner, she then takes on the male one, doing the same thing to him. Is that any form of NTR?
As AON stated - there are people so virulently opposed to netorare that almost every game gets some kind of accusation of the developer being "a cuck and all games are getting ntr'd nowadays" if the wind blows the wrong way.

Your game having a female protagonist would likely get the same number of people bitching "ntr" that will bitch "aw fuck, why did you ruin this game with having a female MC - fucking pussy dev."

Other complaints you'll see:
"Is ntr avoidable?"
"Why can't you make ntr optional?"
"Can MC get a sex change since the MC is a magic creature?"

It is what it is. You are already far too preoccupied what people will label your game and you haven't even put out v0.01. If you are this worried at this stage of development, perhaps you shouldn't develop the game. Period. A good game has good vision and follow through - no matter what it has in it. A developer who is very self-conscious and changes direction because of a little pressure gets little respect out of the player base. Just like sharks, they smell blood in the water and will make your development life a living hell.

Who are you developing this game for in the first place? If you say to make money or for the players - stop. Go do something else. This isn't the work for you. If you want to make money in game development, start circulating your resume to studios and startups. If you say that you are developing to make a game you would love to play or telling the story is driving to you develop the game - then stick to your vision and make it. Do not vacillate.

Here's the working definitions for F95 of the three terms I mentioned earlier (plus open relationship):

netorareA love interest has sexual contact with someone else without the approval of the protagonist, either voluntarily or from some form of coercion (eg, drugs, mind control, blackmail, rape). If the later, add the relevant coercion tag too
netorare-lesbianNetorare inflicted by a female. Not to be confused with open-relationship, netorase, or other consensual dynamics
netoraseA love interest has sexual contact with someone else, with the approval of the protagonist
netoriThe protagonist has sexual contact with another character's love interest or partner, without the approval of said character
open-relationshipThe protagonist and love interest(s) are involved in an open and non-exclusive relationship, where all parties are free to engage in sexual contact with others, includes FWB/fuck buddies

Again - just make the game you want to make. The game you are driven to make because no one is making the game you want to play. No matter what is in it, you will have people bitch about your game. No matter what is in it, you will have people fawn over your game.

troufas

Nov 13, 2018
Due to the last words in the quote, there's only one question to ask: Will the MC have sex with Jane, or will the story looks like at some time the MC will want, or have the possibility, to have sex with Jane ?

It the answer is "yes", then you'll see people yelling that it's NTR, that your game should be burned and you with it.
If the answer is "no", then you'll see (a bit less) people yelling (but a little quieter) that it looks like NTR, but that they aren't really sure if they should burn your game or not.

It's, alas, how it works. If another male character than the MC will have sex, there will be people to claim that it's NTR.
As AON stated - there are people so virulently opposed to netorare that almost every game gets some kind of accusation of the developer being "a cuck and all games are getting ntr'd nowadays" if the wind blows the wrong way.

Your game having a female protagonist would likely get the same number of people bitching "ntr" that will bitch "aw fuck, why did you ruin this game with having a female MC - fucking pussy dev."

Other complaints you'll see:
"Is ntr avoidable?"
"Why can't you make ntr optional?"
"Can MC get a sex change since the MC is a magic creature?"

It is what it is. You are already far too preoccupied what people will label your game and you haven't even put out v0.01. If you are this worried at this stage of development, perhaps you shouldn't develop the game. Period. A good game has good vision and follow through - no matter what it has in it. A developer who is very self-conscious and changes direction because of a little pressure gets little respect out of the player base. Just like sharks, they smell blood in the water and will make your development life a living hell.

Who are you developing this game for in the first place? If you say to make money or for the players - stop. Go do something else. This isn't the work for you. If you want to make money in game development, start circulating your resume to studios and startups. If you say that you are developing to make a game you would love to play or telling the story is driving to you develop the game - then stick to your vision and make it. Do not vacillate.

Here's the working definitions for F95 of the three terms I mentioned earlier (plus open relationship):

netorareA love interest has sexual contact with someone else without the approval of the protagonist, either voluntarily or from some form of coercion (eg, drugs, mind control, blackmail, rape). If the later, add the relevant coercion tag too
netorare-lesbianNetorare inflicted by a female. Not to be confused with open-relationship, netorase, or other consensual dynamics
netoraseA love interest has sexual contact with someone else, with the approval of the protagonist
netoriThe protagonist has sexual contact with another character's love interest or partner, without the approval of said character
open-relationshipThe protagonist and love interest(s) are involved in an open and non-exclusive relationship, where all parties are free to engage in sexual contact with others, includes FWB/fuck buddies

Again - just make the game you want to make. The game you are driven to make because no one is making the game you want to play. No matter what is in it, you will have people bitch about your game. No matter what is in it, you will have people fawn over your game.
Thank you both for the detailed response.

Count Morado Thanks for the honesty in your reply, i appreciate it. To answer your post with a little more detail, i have though about why i would be making the game and it's pretty simple. It's been burning me that i have found no game that tells this story that i want to see told in the way that i have envisioned it. I tried recreating it in comics that i kept to myself, and i also fiddled with a few sex simulators to try and recreate it, again for me only, but it felt lacking. In the end i though it would be best to have it in game format.

I have a rough outline of the main plot and in fleshing out the rest of the details i realized i don't know much about what people like or not and i am not very familiar with the lingo so i did a little digging and NTR kept popping up, so i though i'd ask and get informed. If at any point NTR (or any other genre for that matter) is 100% vital to the plot, i will add it with no hesitation but if it's something that can be avoided or worked around i would like to know that before i commit it to the plot.