How Good is the UI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hikari 008

Mar 11, 2019
incest and tan lines thats a 15/10 in my book. I hope this goes good places.
definitely agree and want pregnancy content as well!

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
if people voted enough for it
Jeez, i quit Kuze's server and you become obsessed with being paid by doing almost nothing?! What happened to you? You were passionate a couple of months ago...you even used to ask me to proofread your games

I hate giving this speech because it feels obvious but here we go again:

Working as a VN-developer is an ungrateful job that pays very little(if not at all) at first, you need to do a good job for a long time. It's much faster to go outside and look for a job and getting paid for doing it. Developers that expect to get subscribers as soon as they start developing something, they don't have a long career, even when you make polls for content, that turns you into a slave of your own subscribers, your VNs aren't yours anymore because you'll be so focused on pleasing their requests that you won't notice that your contents are going to be bland, cheap and ultimately boring for those(like EvolutionKills or me) who are actually interested in the plot or overall quality, sure you're going to please those who want a quick fap, but those guys will never give you a cent, because after all they can come here and get the game for free, and if the game isn't available they don't care, they'll move onto something else! So if you're here to make a quick buck, forget about it, it won't happen, some GREAT developers took YEARS to even reach $1000/month, some of them are making awesome games and still barely getting something, those guys literally develop their game when they're back home from work, for them while they would love to earn money by developing, they understand that for a long time, developing a VN is gonna be a side-job, something that will allow them to earn the money for lunch or groceries. The sooner you accept this harsh truth, the better for yourself.

PsianDiameter

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2022
Jeez, i quit Kuze's server and you become obsessed with being paid by doing almost nothing?! What happened to you? You were passionate a couple of months ago...you even used to ask me to proofread your games

I hate giving this speech because it feels obvious but here we go again:

Working as a VN-developer is an ungrateful job that pays very little(if not at all) at first, you need to do a good job for a long time. It's much faster to go outside and look for a job and getting paid for doing it. Developers that expect to get subscribers as soon as they start developing something, they don't have a long career, even when you make polls for content, that turns you into a slave of your own subscribers, your VNs aren't yours anymore because you'll be so focused on pleasing their requests that you won't notice that your contents are going to be bland, cheap and ultimately boring for those(like EvolutionKills or me) who are actually interested in the plot or overall quality, sure you're going to please those who want a quick fap, but those guys will never give you a cent, because after all they can come here and get the game for free, and if the game isn't available they don't care, they'll move onto something else! So if you're here to make a quick buck, forget about it, it won't happen, some GREAT developers took YEARS to even reach $1000/month, some of them are making awesome games and still barely getting something, those guys literally develop their game when they're back home from work, for them while they would love to earn money by developing, they understand that for a long time, developing a VN is gonna be a side-job, something that will allow them to earn the money for lunch or groceries. The sooner you accept this harsh truth, the better for yourself.
Actually the subscribestar thing i have no voted plan, i ment commnunity votes, i legit didnt put any rewards in subsribestar, planning not to

EDIT: i also kinda did this for the first game (5-7 months ago), since i kinda asked people if they wanted a sandbox game, and i set up subscribestar around a week ago, i always look into the votes and feedback to try do smth with them, in the 2nd and 3rd game i was still looking for data and people's votes on Yes or No
EDIT: yea im kinda doing this as a sidejob too, still im doing this because jobs are a bit harder to come by, and i dont have much experience in any jobs.
EDIT: i am very much directionless atm and have no experience about any of these, im clueless and im figuring out which works and which dont, which is usually why i asked for a vote

Last edited:

Weird forest Witcher

Feb 18, 2020
the children had sex with WHO? Cain and Abel were both males and Abel died so...Cain fucked his own mom?
They did have a sister later on, i think azula or azura or something, also after cain killed abel they had another son called seth, oh and yes it is very likely they also had sex with eve, after cain was send away to the desert because he killed his brother he had sex with lillith and they had like lots of children, you know demons, the demon tribe had a long war with the children of adam and seth, in the end noah ( children of seth ) went on a ship to survive the great flood, while cain and his children went to hide inside the hollow earth, this is part of both jewish and christian legends, undertale is all about the demon realm, in hindu culture it is even more complicated, to make it very short, they had sex with animals with snakes with probably everything in the bible, for example there are storys about sex with dogs, sex with cats, sex with aliens / fallen angels. We had to read that stuff in school. Very weird book. I would say it is 18+ So to answer your question, Adam and Eve have not been the only humans at this time, there was also Azura, or Azula, (depends on the version of scripture) also lilith... if you count her as human. To be more science and less religion, humans did have 2 tribes that used to fight untill one tribe vanished, the homo erectus used to fight against the homo neandertalis, the homo neandertalis lost the war, they found early weapons and very early genocide, even in this time, but the erectus and the neandertalis had sex, we know this because some of us today have both genetics of erectus and neandertalis, the erectus evolved to the homo sapiens. So both evolution and religion say the same thing " we are all related " Any questions ?
Lol

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
I've just read through some of this thread and I can only think after taking a look at the game, that the dev lacks drive or motivation. Polls to decide what to and leaving it up to people who aren't paying you to decide is a recipe for disaster. Commit yourself to your craft or resign yourself to the hard truth of a terrible job. You may well have to do the terrible job anyways, but a MIDDLING approach to sustaining your livelihood? Especially if people depend on you (Or are kicking you out soon) it's not easy and it takes some of us years to figure out.

Just do what YOU have to do and when it comes to being any kind of artist express what YOU want. There's a market for virtually anything if you're willing to put everything you've got into it. Don't let yourself get tied down by your audience, they will eat you alive or kill you with kindness.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I've just read through some of this thread and I can only think after taking a look at the game, that the dev lacks drive or motivation. Polls to decide what to and leaving it up to people who aren't paying you to decide is a recipe for disaster. Commit yourself to your craft or resign yourself to the hard truth of a terrible job. You may well have to do the terrible job anyways, but a MIDDLING approach to sustaining your livelihood? Especially if people depend on you (Or are kicking you out soon) it's not easy and it takes some of us years to figure out.

Just do what YOU have to do and when it comes to being any kind of artist express what YOU want. There's a market for virtually anything if you're willing to put everything you've got into it. Don't let yourself get tied down by your audience, they will eat you alive or kill you with kindness.
This.gif

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021

To double down on this, you're not going to find a story worth telling by polling the audience.

EOqZrTtWkAAD-I-.jpg

might be able to complete a game through crowd-sourcing, but it's never going to write the next .

Being a trend follower is how you get executive decisions being dictated by marketing, releasing products years later that feel out of date even when brand new. It's how you get a game studio like Arkane Studios, made famous for their single-player exploration and problem solving focused immersive-sim games like Dishonored and PREY, to release a multiplayer open world always-online games-as-a-service looter with Redfall; only for them to crash and burn as yet another studio tries and fails to recreate Destiny 2 (See Also: Anthem, Marvel's Avengers, Godfall, Babylon's Fall, etc.).

If you have a story worth telling, something you desperately need to get out of your system and share with the outside world? Then just tell it as best you can. If however you're just waiting around looking for a trend to jump onto? You've already lost. Nobody is gonna be knocking down the door and throwing money at a creator to get custom commissioned artwork for characters like Alice or Shizuku. The reason why that happens to larger and more successful projects is because they've created stories, worlds, and characters that resonate with an audience. But those creators didn't make those games for those audiences, they made them for themselves. But they put in the work, and their quality allowed them to slowly rise to the top and gain a following in the process.

This goes doubly so if you're not catering to a really niche audience. If you want to make niche content (NTR, gay-furry, head-pats, etc.), then you can probably get away with low effort and low quality. A lot of these sub-groups don't have especially discerning palettes and will consume whatever slop comes their way. But lovey-dovey romance? That shit comes with a certain expectation of quality, and the stand-out success stories are the ones offering a premium experience. Which is made even harder if you're going to double-down on short form content. Writing short stories that people care enough to get invested in is very hard. Writing good characters is already challenging, and doing that in short order is even more difficult.

So if PsianDiameter really has a strong story built around step-siblings, and the characters being step-sibling is crucial to the plot? Fuck what everyone else here says, and ignore those pleading for 'real incest'. They should stick to their guns, and tell the step-sibling story they wanted to tell originally.

But if the characters being step-siblings is not actually that crucial? If swapping out their relationship to be blood-related siblings does little to change the narrative? Well, that makes me think they didn't have an especially strong narrative to begin with. That they're not making this because they have a story they need to tell, but rather they're shopping around for a potential story to sell. Which going back to my earlier point; if you're just trend chasing, you've already lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zovk Darkness

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
To double down on this, you're not going to find a story worth telling by polling the audience.

View attachment 2605581

might be able to complete a game through crowd-sourcing, but it's never going to write the next .

Being a trend follower is how you get executive decision being dictated by marketing, releasing products years later that feel out of date even when brand new. It's how you get a game studio like Arkane Studios, made famous for their single-player exploration and problem solving focused immersive-sim games like Dishonored and PREY, to release a multiplayer open world always-online games-as-a-service looter with Redfall; only for them to crash and burn as yet another studio tries and fails to recreate Destiny 2 (See Also: Anthem, Marvel's Avengers, Godfall, Babylon's Fall, etc.).

If you have a story worth telling, something you desperately need to get out of your system and share with the outside world? Then just tell it as best you can. If however you're just waiting around looking for a trend to jump onto? You've already lost. Nobody is gonna be knocking down the door and throwing money at a creator to get custom commissioned artwork for characters like Alice or Shizuku. The reason why that happens to larger and more successful projects is because they've created stories, worlds, and characters that resonate with an audience. But those creators didn't make those games for those audiences, they made them for themselves. But they put in the work, and their quality allowed them to slowly rise to the top and gain a following in the process.

This goes doubly so if you're not catering to a really niche audience. If you want to make niche content (NTR, gay-furry, head-pats, etc.), then you can probably get away with low effort and low quality. A lot of these sub-groups don't have especially discerning palettes and will consume whatever slop comes their way. But lovey-dovey romance? That shit comes with a certain expectation of quality, and the stand-out success stories are the ones offering a premium experience. Which is made even harder if you're going to double-down on short form content. Writing short stories that people care enough to get invested in is very hard. Writing good characters is already challenging, and doing that in short order is even more difficult.

So if PsianDiameter really has a strong story built around step-siblings, and the characters being step-sibling is crucial to the plot? Fuck what everyone else here says, and ignore those pleading for 'real incest'. They should stick to their guns, and tell the step-sibling story they wanted to tell originally.

But if the characters being step-siblings is not actually that crucial? If swapping out their relationship to be blood-related siblings does little to change the narrative? Well, that makes me think they didn't have an especially strong narrative to begin with. That they're not making this because they have a story they need to tell, but rather they're shopping around for a potential story to sell. Which going back to my earlier point; if you're just trend chasing, you've already lost.

Zovk Darkness

Oct 26, 2020
I have to agree with what EvolutionKills, Greily, Demoness_Kiss... have already said, even though they are difficult words for you PsianDiameter to read, but they have to be said.

I have seen and followed many devs who use KK for their games (and other types of games not made with KK), some of these devs are real milker machines and other real developers who often don't get what they deserve for the content they produce.

I remember at one time, (a year or two ago) when some KK game devs were making between 3k and 10k there were many games made with KK appearing in F95zone in a single month and today many of those games are DEAD/ABANDONED!

Do you know why that is? Very simple, many of these "devs" (That it shouldn't even be called that) just started out for the money and thought that any game without any real effort would make them a lot of money, that's not how it works.

Even for those milker dev's motherfucker, who brainwash their patreons, I have to give them a credit for being smart enough to at least fool their patreons, show that they are good at something.

PsianDiameter, do like some devs I've seen, since you don't know what to do.

1. Go play some games in f95zone and see what kind of content you like, NOT what pleases other people, but what pleases you to try to create something.

2. Write the story, it can be based on a game you liked, an anime you watched, a book, a life experience...

3. Go to the KK discord to learn something in the studio like other KK devs (who were not permanently kicked out for using characters that were not their own in their games).

To this point, you should have done all this before you even tried to make your first game.

4. Have you learned the basics of Renpy/Python? Then start making the game, there are dev who have a horrible UI in their game and still make a good story and improve with time (when they don't become a milker) instead of redoing the UI several times.

Don't just make it for the money, and let's not kid ourselves here, the devs don't just make their game for the "love". If you want money and want to make a living from it, then work over the months/years to make it happen, just like other devs did and try not to become a milker at the end of the journey if you get your main goal $$$.

Last edited:
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

PsianDiameter

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2022
I have to agree with what EvolutionKills, Greily, Demoness_Kiss... have already said, even though they are difficult words for you PsianDiameter to read, but they have to be said.

I have seen and followed many devs who use KK for their games (and other types of games not made with KK), some of these devs are real milker machines and other real developers who often don't get what they deserve for the content they produce.

I remember at one time, (a year or two ago) when some KK game devs were making between 3k and 10k there were many games made with KK appearing in F95zone in a single month and today many of those games are DEAD/ABANDONED!

Do you know why that is? Very simple, many of these "devs" (That it shouldn't even be called that) just started out for the money and thought that any game without any real effort would make them a lot of money, that's not how it works.

Even for those milker dev's motherfucker, who brainwash their patreons, I have to give them a credit for being smart enough to at least fool their patreons, show that they are good at something.

PsianDiameter, do like some devs I've seen, since you don't know what to do.

1. Go play some games in f95zone and see what kind of content you like, NOT what pleases other people, but what pleases you to try to create something.

2. Write the story, it can be based on a game you liked, an anime you watched, a book, a life experience...

3. Go to the KK discord to learn something in the studio like other KK devs (who were not permanently kicked out for using characters that were not their own in their games).

To this point, you should have done all this before you even tried to make your first game.

4. Have you learned the basics of Renpy/Python? Then start making the game, there are dev who have a horrible UI in their game and still make a good story and improve with time (when they don't become a milker) instead of redoing the UI several times.

Don't just make it for the money, and let's not kid ourselves here, the devs don't just make their game for the "love". If you want money and want to make a living from it, then work over the months/years to make it happen, just like other devs did and try not to become a milker at the end of the journey if you get your main goal $$$.
1. I liked certain games and i am kinda leaning heavily towards them with this one, but kinda refer to point 4

2. My writing sux and i am kinda trying to see what i can improve atm

3. I am good at making cards, but bad at rigging them via studios

4. As you can see in 4 previous games, i have little to no knowledge of Renpy / Python, i am duct taping so many things on this game alrd

Expletivedeleted

Mar 29, 2017
Since you asked about the UI, here's a review of that aspect:

The star button is unclear as to what it does, I wasn't sure before clicking it if it was the save icon, or to clear the text off the screen, or something else.

In the star menu, the mouse-over for the like/dislike section only displays the "Eating meat" and "Outside" on the upper third of the icon, probably needs to be resized.

The "Stats!" label should be different from the actual stat bars below, to make more clear that they are measuring the statistic and not another button to be clicked or mouse over.

The "Swap" button is a bit ambiguous, it's more of a Route or Start Over button.

The "Swap" button allows you to change the name, I would prefer it to have the default filled in. I clicked it thinking it was the name of the girl and then found out it was referring to the POV character.

When clicking the text box, I was activating the interaction points of the girl when I only wanted to advance the text. Example: Doing a headpat and clicking the text box with the dialog was moving me to the boob interactions.

The "Vignette" slider should be in a menu, rather than on screen.

I would like it if it was more clear what is a clickable area, I did a lot of random clicking on unused areas while finding what did work for a pose/interaction.

Overall the UI is decent, the UI works and is responsive. Your color choice is good, it compliments the color scheme of the current girl. Good spacing, nothing is crowded. Good button design with shape and size.

I hope you continue the project and I look forward to updates.

Lero Ro

Jun 9, 2020
I mean, the character model looks nice, and the animations present are decent, but the dev seems to have a history of releasing what are effectively tech demos and not finishing/making them into full games.

Wonder if this one too will stay in its 0.1 version and we're seeing a new release of this type a couple of weeks/months from now instead of an update to this.

PsianDiameter

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2022
I mean, the character model looks nice, and the animations present are decent, but the dev seems to have a history of releasing what are effectively tech demos and not finishing/making them into full games.

Wonder if this one too will stay in its 0.1 version and we're seeing a new release of this type a couple of weeks/months from now instead of an update to this.
First game: My Writer kinda dipped on me
4th game: People wanted me to make bigger games
5th game: Here we are

666193978193870858.jpg

EDIT: Alright fuck this job, im just gonna fucking quit, i cant do shit in this department and rather just invest my time in trying to get a job

TheBatchCode

Oct 23, 2017
First game: My Writer kinda dipped on me
4th game: People wanted me to make bigger games
5th game: Here we are

View attachment 2612249

EDIT: Alright fuck this job, im just gonna fucking quit, i cant do shit in this department and rather just invest my time in trying to get a job
I wouldnt even consider this a job, its just people that happen to get lucky and milk it for what its worth, but thats just my doomer view on it. Look you're good at making cards, you've said so yourself, I think you need more time and experience working on in engine and then maybe contracting out writing work. But, do it part time, or slowly work it up as a hobby. I think you've got the goods to make something real hot, you just need more experience in other areas. Just keep trying...just dont rely on it as sole form of income.

PsianDiameter

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2022
I wouldnt even consider this a job, its just people that happen to get lucky and milk it for what its worth, but thats just my doomer view on it. Look you're good at making cards, you've said so yourself, I think you need more time and experience working on in engine and then maybe contracting out writing work. But, do it part time, or slowly work it up as a hobby. I think you've got the goods to make something real hot, you just need more experience in other areas. Just keep trying...just dont rely on it as sole form of income.
In my country, you can make a living out of $300, not a good one but an okay one, so i was kinda curious if i can make this as a backup job if i cant get any real jobs due to being in designer univ at 3.3 GPA, Im gonna be a graduate in a year, and im kinda hoping this worksout as a safety net

Weird forest Witcher

Feb 18, 2020
In my country, you can make a living out of $300, not a good one but an okay one, so i was kinda curious if i can make this as a backup job if i cant get any real jobs due to being in designer univ at 3.3 GPA, Im gonna be a graduate in a year, and im kinda hoping this worksout as a safety net
Jeah i was also thinking i could make my own games, adult games or other, earn some money with patreon, i think that is the dream job of all of us, right, unity 5 seems easy to use, but i kinda have almost no time to learn how to code and stuff, impressive that you managed to do it, the game looks very good so far.

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
I noticed your substar is gone. I'm going to assume you quit this game?