• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

How Good is the UI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I'm not rly into cuckolding writing, Father prob just be absent due to certain fate called death
The dad should be out of the picture... that's a given.
Lesbian stuff is okay if the MC is involved and it's not behind his back aka when they fuck together.

Iorinari

Feb 3, 2023
View attachment 2602832

Overview:
Step By Step is a Step Sister Simulation in which the player could do things to the their sisters.
Do not worry, everything done by the player is both consensual both the player and the girls

A Game made within 4 days, so expect to have little content.

THE GAME IS CURRENTLY ON PROTOTYPE STAGE

Do tell me if the UI looks good or not, or other suggestions down in the comments below​

Thread Updated: 2023-05-07
Release Date: 2023-05-06
Developer: PsianDiameter
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Other Games: Here
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 2600953 View attachment 2600954 View attachment 2600955 View attachment 2600956 View attachment 2600959
Can u add NTR route?

Sep 11, 2017
IRL stepcest is usually pretty taboo, and blood-related exponentially more so.
As for the tastes of this community in general, I think that the number of people here that would be bothered by fictional blood-related incest in a story but not fictional stepcest in a story is practically nonexistent.
If the story you want to tell has reason to go with stepcest over blood-related incest though, then obviously go with what you're passionate about. You don't want to make a bunch of compromises and then lose motivation to work on the thing.

PsianDiameter

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2022
IRL stepcest is usually pretty taboo, and blood-related exponentially more so.
As for the tastes of this community in general, I think that the number of people here that would be bothered by fictional blood-related incest in a story but not fictional stepcest in a story is practically nonexistent.
If the story you want to tell has reason to go with stepcest over blood-related incest though, then obviously go with what you're passionate about. You don't want to make a bunch of compromises and then lose motivation to work on the thing.
I don't really mind any type of games as long as its in the wholesome category, im able to write decently

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
You can count the wholesome incest games on one hand... unfortunately very rare... :cry:

• Angry
Reactions: Iorinari

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Alright, well, I'm just failing to see the point of this I guess.

Outside of the girl saying 'onii-chan', there's zero going on with the setup. Hell, there's all of maybe half a dozen lines of dialogue in total?

As a tech demo it demonstrates being able to overlay animations taken from Koikatsu Party over a static background. Even thought he background doesn't change, it doesn't consistently stay in first person either. The sister is largely static, so when she's giving head neither her nor the camera move, but rather now you're staring at a semi-transparent ass and cock placed directly in front of her face and the camera.

The default straight-as-a-yardstick Koikatsu penis is always a bummer to see. They make mods for much better looking ones, ones actually indented to be seen without a censorship pixel filter.

The only thing that appears to work in the menu is tracking arousal. None of the other meters appear to do anything yet. Nothing else seems interactive, but moving the cursor over the two heart-like symbols on the left will cause two more button to appear and vanish (labeled 'eating meat' and 'outside'). So it looks okay aesthetically, but functionally it is a mess.

Everything takes a lot of blind clicking. Having some way to denote what is actually interactive would help, as would not needing to repeatedly click things over and over again to make them happen.

As for the girl herself? Not a fan of the star irises or the color gradient. Stuff like that (e.g. stars, hearts. etc.) typically denote extreme or exaggerated situations and emotions. So not only does it just not look good being there all the time, but it would undermine trying to do any weird eyes for special effect in the future. She's already got super vibrant red hair, just give her eyes that compliment (rather than compete with) her hair color.

Also, the choker? Everything else about her, from the casual clothes to the one-piece swimsuit tan, is yelling 'athletic tomboy'. It makes that choker stick out like a sore thumb. Not that she can't have one, or that it can't be hot in the right circumstance. But that's the sort of thing you can have fun with getting her to put on later, as part of expressing visually the change in her relationship with her sibling. A signifier of getting naughtier, maybe with some dom/sub overtones. But just making the choker a default part of her attire, much like her starry eyes, prevents you from having that option later.

Subscribestar button, large (the largest menu button in fact) and prominently placed on screen all the time? Not a fan.

Yeah, as of right now, it is far from even being a 'thing'. The foundation for interaction here is shaky at best, and there's no real content to judge it by. Not enough writing to tell if there'd be anything worth reading to actually wrap the experience around.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
two completed games, one abandoned and this one in development...not sure what to think...and the abandoned one and this one share the same love-interest model

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Is this a character from somewhere else?
unless he means Maxine by Balak (but it wouldn't make sense bc that Maxine is quite chubby and has a different skin-colour) i wouldn't know

BUT

the dev is using the same model he used for the love-interest in "Chocolate-Flavoured Love"

PsianDiameter

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2022
Alright, well, I'm just failing to see the point of this I guess.

Outside of the girl saying 'onii-chan', there's zero going on with the setup. Hell, there's all of maybe half a dozen lines of dialogue in total?

As a tech demo it demonstrates being able to overlay animations taken from Koikatsu Party over a static background. Even thought he background doesn't change, it doesn't consistently stay in first person either. The sister is largely static, so when she's giving head neither her nor the camera move, but rather now you're staring at a semi-transparent ass and cock placed directly in front of her face and the camera.

The default straight-as-a-yardstick Koikatsu penis is always a bummer to see. They make mods for much better looking ones, ones actually indented to be seen without a censorship pixel filter.

The only thing that appears to work in the menu is tracking arousal. None of the other meters appear to do anything yet. Nothing else seems interactive, but moving the cursor over the two heart-like symbols on the left will cause two more button to appear and vanish (labeled 'eating meat' and 'outside'). So it looks okay aesthetically, but functionally it is a mess.

Everything takes a lot of blind clicking. Having some way to denote what is actually interactive would help, as would not needing to repeatedly click things over and over again to make them happen.

As for the girl herself? Not a fan of the star irises or the color gradient. Stuff like that (e.g. stars, hearts. etc.) typically denote extreme or exaggerated situations and emotions. So not only does it just not look good being there all the time, but it would undermine trying to do any weird eyes for special effect in the future. She's already got super vibrant red hair, just give her eyes that compliment (rather than compete with) her hair color.

Also, the choker? Everything else about her, from the casual clothes to the one-piece swimsuit tan, is yelling 'athletic tomboy'. It makes that choker stick out like a sore thumb. Not that she can't have one, or that it can't be hot in the right circumstance. But that's the sort of thing you can have fun with getting her to put on later, as part of expressing visually the change in her relationship with her sibling. A signifier of getting naughtier, maybe with some dom/sub overtones. But just making the choker a default part of her attire, much like her starry eyes, prevents you from having that option later.

Subscribestar button, large (the largest menu button in fact) and prominently placed on screen all the time? Not a fan.

Yeah, as of right now, it is far from even being a 'thing'. The foundation for interaction here is shaky at best, and there's no real content to judge it by. Not enough writing to tell if there'd be anything worth reading to actually wrap the experience around.

Yea im just seeing if people like this type of games where u get to touch the LI, im gonna rework it on the next release

EDIT: i did this in 4 days, you will probably see a better version and a playable one within a month from now
EDIT: I also planned a story mode where u can kinda see what happens before their relationship to give an insight what they have been doing

Last edited:

PsianDiameter

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2022
unless he means Maxine by Balak (but it wouldn't make sense bc that Maxine is quite chubby and has a different skin-colour) i wouldn't know

BUT

the dev is using the same model he used for the love-interest in "Chocolate-Flavoured Love"
People like this model and would like to see it more, so im using it more

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Yea im just seeing if people like this type of games where u get to touch the LI, im gonna rework it on the next release

EDIT: i did this in 4 days, you will probably see a better version and a playable one within a month from now
EDIT: I also planned a story mode where u can kinda see what happens before their relationship to give an insight what they have been doing
If they do, and they enjoy the 'interaction' part, they're just going to play literally any Illusion game. If you want interaction, just play Koikatsu Party.

The only reason to give up both the interaction and customization afforded from just playing Koikatsu Party yourself, is if you're enjoying the setup and context being presented by someone else's storytelling. What you as a developer can offer to set yourself apart from Koikatsu Party is story and context, and you have none of that in this version.

There is no amount of pre-rendered Koikatsu Party animations that you can string together with a few lines of dialogue that is gonna be able to compete with just playing Koikatsu Party itself. What you currently have here is a bad middle-ground between playing Koikatsu Party and watching a Lets-Play of Koikatsu Party; just enough interaction to be more than watching a video, but not enough to be a worthwhile gaming experience in and of itself.

So if you really want to test the waters, it should have been with your writing, not semi-functional menus and captured game footage.