Would you play a VN with ALL of these (spicy) kinks?

Would you play a VN with ALL of the kinks listed in the thread below?

• Absolutely, I like all those kinks!

• Sure - but I'd skim-read through scenes featuring kinks I don't like

• Sure - but I'd fast-forward through scenes featuring kinks i don't like

• ONLY if I can skip scenes I dislike (via a "skip scene" button thats appers once a scene starts)

• ONLY if I can totally omit kinks I dislike (via toggleable options, "skip scene" button isnt enough)

• No, because I find some of those kinks intolerable to even have in the game at all

• No, because I think these kinks wouldn't mesh well together (I'd play the VN if they somehow did)

• No, for another reason that I'll comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.

Freakbunny

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2023
I'm brainstorming for a visual novel with a wide array of kinks - looking to see what y'alls thoughts would be!

Imagine a harem game where some female characters submit to and adore the male MC, whilst others dominate and sexually torment him; would you be interested in such a game? The VN may also feature some spicier kinks, which I'd love to hear your brutally honest feelings about.

Here's a full list of the kinks:
- Mdom
- Harem
- Girls worshipping you
- Threesomes/group sex
- Girl-on-girl (not involving MC)
- Pregnancy
- Idealistic Birthing (Births that are sexually pleasurable and painless for the woman - also note that you wouldn't see the baby exiting the vagina, though you might see the baby afterward!)
- Corruption/Training/Discipline
- Noncon

- Femdom
- Chastity cages
- Cock and ball torture
- Sounding
- Edging/Orgasm denial

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
From here.

Everyone has their own biases about what they think makes the best game or what content you should put in or what engine to use, etc. Those of us that are active in various threads skew results. We are a very small minority of the people who come to this site. We are a minority of those who actually post in the thread. Those who do post, mostly post in the threads of games/content they are interested in - not a wide variety of threads. People who post are a minority of those who come to the site. Thousands of people come to F95 daily to download and play games, but never post. The people who come here to download are a minority of all NSFW game players. And most of the people on this site don't contribute/subscribe/buy. You are getting responses from a minority opinion of a minority of posters of a minority of site visitors of a minority of people who play NSFW games - many of whom will never support your vision.

That's not to say you won't get some good responses - there will be some great responses. However, asking personal choices of what people like or dislike, etc. - you're not getting a representative sample of the NSFW game playing public - whether free players, players who pay retail, or players who subscribe on patreon and similar sites.

A game needs to be developed with the creator's vision on what THEY would like to play if someone made a game exclusively for them with their own likes and desires in mind. You'll find your audience (and your audience will find you). There are millions of people who play adult video games. Even if 1/100th of 1 percent (that's 1 in 10,000) of them are interested in your game, you will still have thousands of players who will try your game. And because you're developing something you want to play, you will have a higher level of enjoyment through the process than attempting to make others happy.

anne O'nymous, TessaXYZ, Rafster, Winterfire, Icarus Media are just a few who I expect to see in this thread with a similar take about following your own vision (and creating a game development plan).

I also expect to see a few others who think they have all the answers on what you should do with your game because it's what they want to see you make specifically for their interests and entitled beliefs - they have little to no experience creating anything, but have no problem claiming they are experts.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
From here.

Everyone has their own biases about what they think makes the best game or what content you should put in or what engine to use, etc. Those of us that are active in various threads skew results. We are a very small minority of the people who come to this site. We are a minority of those who actually post in the thread. Those who do post, mostly post in the threads of games/content they are interested in - not a wide variety of threads. People who post are a minority of those who come to the site. Thousands of people come to F95 daily to download and play games, but never post. The people who come here to download are a minority of all NSFW game players. And most of the people on this site don't contribute/subscribe/buy. You are getting responses from a minority opinion of a minority of posters of a minority of site visitors of a minority of people who play NSFW games - many of whom will never support your vision.

That's not to say you won't get some good responses - there will be some great responses. However, asking personal choices of what people like or dislike, etc. - you're not getting a representative sample of the NSFW game playing public - whether free players, players who pay retail, or players who subscribe on patreon and similar sites.

A game needs to be developed with the creator's vision on what THEY would like to play if someone made a game exclusively for them with their own likes and desires in mind. You'll find your audience (and your audience will find you). There are millions of people who play adult video games. Even if 1/100th of 1 percent (that's 1 in 10,000) of them are interested in your game, you will still have thousands of players who will try your game. And because you're developing something you want to play, you will have a higher level of enjoyment through the process than attempting to make others happy.

anne O'nymous, TessaXYZ, Rafster, Winterfire, Icarus Media are just a few who I expect to see in this thread with a similar take about following your own vision (and creating a game development plan).

I also expect to see a few others who think they have all the answers on what you should do with your game because it's what they want to see you make specifically for their interests and entitled beliefs - they have little to no experience creating anything, but have no problem claiming they are experts.

I was going to write something else entirely, but then this popped up while I was writing and caused me to just scrap it.

So I'm just going to copy/paste a post I made with a very similar theme already over HERE. TL;DR - If you have a passion to tell a story, then tell that story. You can't poll an audience your way to success.

To double down on this, you're not going to find a story worth telling by polling the audience.

EOqZrTtWkAAD-I-.jpg

might be able to complete a game through crowd-sourcing, but it's never going to write the next .

Being a trend follower is how you get executive decisions being dictated by marketing, releasing products years later that feel out of date even when brand new. It's how you get a game studio like Arkane Studios, made famous for their single-player exploration and problem solving focused immersive-sim games like Dishonored and PREY, to release a multiplayer open world always-online games-as-a-service looter with Redfall; only for them to crash and burn as yet another studio tries and fails to recreate Destiny 2 (See Also: Anthem, Marvel's Avengers, Godfall, Babylon's Fall, etc.).

If you have a story worth telling, something you desperately need to get out of your system and share with the outside world? Then just tell it as best you can. If however you're just waiting around looking for a trend to jump onto? You've already lost. Nobody is gonna be knocking down the door and throwing money at a creator to get custom commissioned artwork for characters like Alice or Shizuku. The reason why that happens to larger and more successful projects is because they've created stories, worlds, and characters that resonate with an audience. But those creators didn't make those games for those audiences, they made them for themselves. But they put in the work, and their quality allowed them to slowly rise to the top and gain a following in the process.

This goes doubly so if you're not catering to a really niche audience. If you want to make niche content (NTR, gay-furry, head-pats, etc.), then you can probably get away with low effort and low quality. A lot of these sub-groups don't have especially discerning palettes and will consume whatever slop comes their way. But lovey-dovey romance? That shit comes with a certain expectation of quality, and the stand-out success stories are the ones offering a premium experience. Which is made even harder if you're going to double-down on short form content. Writing short stories that people care enough to get invested in is very hard. Writing good characters is already challenging, and doing that in short order is even more difficult.

So if PsianDiameter really has a strong story built around step-siblings, and the characters being step-sibling is crucial to the plot? Fuck what everyone else here says, and ignore those pleading for 'real incest'. They should stick to their guns, and tell the step-sibling story they wanted to tell originally.

But if the characters being step-siblings is not actually that crucial? If swapping out their relationship to be blood-related siblings does little to change the narrative? Well, that makes me think they didn't have an especially strong narrative to begin with. That they're not making this because they have a story they need to tell, but rather they're shopping around for a potential story to sell. Which going back to my earlier point; if you're just trend chasing, you've already lost.

Reactions: Count Morado

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Yup, that's my take.

The first question you must ask yourself, is if those kinks are hot TO YOU.

Everyone has their own list of Kinks. Take me for example, I'm not into harem at all, however we share another stronger kink, chastity play (well, I wouldn't be your audience, I'm gay. If you want my brutal opinion, I wouldn't play your game because it's not gay focused). If you're including kinks on this list only because they are popular (Harem, MaleDom or Pregnancy) you'll have a hard time developing the game, you may even hate it.

But if this list is from kinks you have, by all means, DO ALL OF THEM, no matter what we say. Reducing your list because x or y kink is more to our taste, will make you less enthusiastic on your game. Players will notice.

Writing about kinks you don't like is awful. Been there, done that.

EDIT: Just to expand due to my experience: Optional kinks, with a CLEAR way to avoid, are very appreciated. I have all sorts of nasty and degrading kinks inside my game, but text and images can be disabled at will by the players. My players thanked me for that since I began developing the game. You'll get the best results by having the stronger and divisive kinks optional.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I was going to write something else entirely, but then this popped up while I was writing and caused me to just scrap it.

So I'm just going to copy/paste a post I made with a very similar theme already over HERE. TL;DR - If you have a passion to tell a story, then tell that story. You can't poll an audience your way to success.

To double down on this, you're not going to find a story worth telling by polling the audience.

EOqZrTtWkAAD-I-.jpg

might be able to complete a game through crowd-sourcing, but it's never going to write the next .

Being a trend follower is how you get executive decisions being dictated by marketing, releasing products years later that feel out of date even when brand new. It's how you get a game studio like Arkane Studios, made famous for their single-player exploration and problem solving focused immersive-sim games like Dishonored and PREY, to release a multiplayer open world always-online games-as-a-service looter with Redfall; only for them to crash and burn as yet another studio tries and fails to recreate Destiny 2 (See Also: Anthem, Marvel's Avengers, Godfall, Babylon's Fall, etc.).

If you have a story worth telling, something you desperately need to get out of your system and share with the outside world? Then just tell it as best you can. If however you're just waiting around looking for a trend to jump onto? You've already lost. Nobody is gonna be knocking down the door and throwing money at a creator to get custom commissioned artwork for characters like Alice or Shizuku. The reason why that happens to larger and more successful projects is because they've created stories, worlds, and characters that resonate with an audience. But those creators didn't make those games for those audiences, they made them for themselves. But they put in the work, and their quality allowed them to slowly rise to the top and gain a following in the process.

This goes doubly so if you're not catering to a really niche audience. If you want to make niche content (NTR, gay-furry, head-pats, etc.), then you can probably get away with low effort and low quality. A lot of these sub-groups don't have especially discerning palettes and will consume whatever slop comes their way. But lovey-dovey romance? That shit comes with a certain expectation of quality, and the stand-out success stories are the ones offering a premium experience. Which is made even harder if you're going to double-down on short form content. Writing short stories that people care enough to get invested in is very hard. Writing good characters is already challenging, and doing that in short order is even more difficult.

So if PsianDiameter really has a strong story built around step-siblings, and the characters being step-sibling is crucial to the plot? Fuck what everyone else here says, and ignore those pleading for 'real incest'. They should stick to their guns, and tell the step-sibling story they wanted to tell originally.

But if the characters being step-siblings is not actually that crucial? If swapping out their relationship to be blood-related siblings does little to change the narrative? Well, that makes me think they didn't have an especially strong narrative to begin with. That they're not making this because they have a story they need to tell, but rather they're shopping around for a potential story to sell. Which going back to my earlier point; if you're just trend chasing, you've already lost.
Sorry I beat you to the punch. I do like your post, though!

Reactions: EvolutionKills

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Sorry I beat you to the punch. I do like your post, though!
Nah, thank you for the course correction. I was taking it at face value and talking about what I liked or didn't and why, and you reminded me that what I personally like should matter fuck-all to what someone else wants to make.

• Yay, new update!

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I kid, I kid. In all honesty, I'm super jelly of the artistic talent the gay-furry community is packing. It might not be my jam, but I appreciate the skill on display.
No, no, everything else in your post is alright... except head-pats. What else do you want? hand holding?

or worse yet

head patting while holding one hand

You pervert

Did I forced the meme too much?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EvolutionKills

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
From here.

Basically this.

• Haha

Freakbunny

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2023
Really sweet and intelligent responses from everyone, thanks y'all so much! I guess I'll just mention that one reason I'm asking is that making exactly what I wanna make hasn't been getting me where I want to be so far, so I'm working on balancing what I want with what others want - I don't necessarily plan on utter conformity, but I want to have a general idea of how far out my plans are.

EDIT: Just to expand due to my experience: Optional kinks, with a CLEAR way to avoid, are very appreciated. I have all sorts of nasty and degrading kinks inside my game, but text and images can be disabled at will by the players. My players thanked me for that since I began developing the game. You'll get the best results by having the stronger and divisive kinks optional.
Yeahh, I'll definitely try to implement something like this - in your experience, would allowing scenes to be easily skipped past once they've already started be enough, or is something that allows players to never even catch a glimpse of their dislikes necessary?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
one reason I'm asking is that making exactly what I wanna make hasn't been getting me where I want to be so far
That's not an issue with specific kinks or even your game, just plain bad marketing or no marketing at all.
You can have the most common kinks and the best game ever made, but still 0 patrons if no one will hear about it.

Reactions: Meaning Less

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
one reason I'm asking is that making exactly what I wanna make hasn't been getting me where I want to be so far, so I'm working on balancing what I want with what others want
Having been summoned by Count Morado, not much to say that he didn't already cover in his response. But I would just add to the already-expressed sentiment that you should really avoid adding kinks you don't personally enjoy. You'll burn yourself out, and months or years into development you'll dread working on it. Almost no one builds a financial incentive to work on these projects (most are lucky to ever hit minimum wage on their efforts), so it has to be the sort of thing where you come up with an idea that you're enormously excited to bring into being.

That said, I looked at your game's thread. I didn't get the impression that your kinks were why it didn't take off, so I think you might want to consider addressing the other concerns people had and focusing less on what kinks will be presented.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Yeahh, I'll definitely try to implement something like this - in your experience, would allowing scenes to be easily skipped past once they've already started be enough, or is something that allows players to never even catch a glimpse of their dislikes necessary?
In my game, before a scene starts, I present a menu to the player showing what sex actions will be included. They can select (or de-select) what they want to see. I do on the spot, so no general toggles were necessary for me. I kinda spoil the sex act, but gives the option to skip totally (no pics or text), and when is mandatory (some sex BDSM scenes on story cannot be skipped) they'll be blurred out.

For example, one scene may include: Oral Sex (Top), Oral sex (Bottom), Anal sex (Bottom) and watersports (Bottom). The players can select what they want or not to see. Usually, kinks like watersports are de-selected by default.

Of course, I don't know how I would implement that on a VN. My game is a text based HTML sandbox, so I have more tools at my disposal there.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You'll burn yourself out,
Nevermind burning yourself out, it simply won't work. I can tell from experience... I tried adding fetishes I do not understand and people with said fetish could tell. Even "easier" stuff such as M/M.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
But I would just add to the already-expressed sentiment that you should really avoid adding kinks you don't personally enjoy.
I had one scene like that (the only sissification scene in my game). It was necessary plot-wise (it's sissifying someone in revenge) but I didn't enjoy writing it, at all. And it was only one scene, if it were a major kink I would have abandoned the project.

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
My brutally honest opinion is that you've asked if people want kinks that are already in a huge number of the games here.

Like, Harem? Is the F95zone community interested in playing a harem game? They say there are no stupid questions, but...

The only question vaguely worth asking is if people won't even touch a game if it has a kink they don't like, even if it's optional (which it should be in my opinion), because there will certainly be people who would otherwise enjoy your game but have already filtered it out due to Femdom or another tag.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
I wouldn't play it as a VN, but I think if I did play an Overwhored-style RPG where MC is this sigmachad that goes around mindbreaking a harem for himself, I'd be put off by unavoidable femdom of the MC. Actually, this already exists as a VN, it's called Tyrant Quest.