I'm new, what's up everybody?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
That was a lot to read.

I wish you luck and hope you succeed.

The one thing I will say is remember you can always ask for help if you don't know how to do something. Also remember to look at other games and maybe use their code to help you use things, IE things like phones, diaries, save/load upgrades, etc. If you do 3d, don't forget to post in the 3d daz skill thread here and ask for any advice, if 2d. I can recommend some books on drawing. https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/

Reactions: C^2 Aqua

C^2 Aqua

Jun 21, 2020
That was a lot to read.

I wish you luck and hope you succeed.

The one thing I will say is remember you can always ask for help if you don't know how to do something. Also remember to look at other games and maybe use their code to help you use things, IE things like phones, diaries, save/load upgrades, etc. If you do 3d, don't forget to post in the 3d daz skill thread here and ask for any advice, if 2d. I can recommend some books on drawing. https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/
Thanks! For coding I mainly need to decide on an engine. Each seems to have their pros and cons. For example RPGM seems like it would work well for the free-roaming aspect of the game, but in all of my experience with playing RPGM games they seem to be less than ideal for high-detail descriptions and dialogue. HTML seems like the best pick for the current state of the concept, but if/when art is introduced it would likely change the way I'd have to have things displayed. In the meantime I'm spending some time looking into the different engines while also spending time writing.

Regarding art there are many reasons I won't be doing that myself, foremost of which is that I'm something of a perfectionist. My tendency to pore over every detail in things I do leads to things taking time, and combined with other aspects (such as shaky hands) this would put the prospect of ever finishing the project in jeopardy.

Thanks again for the response!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I like RPGM, however it should mainly be used for what it was originally intended (AKA RPGs) or if you rip out all the code and do it from scratch. Most RPGM games on this site are very much a walking simulator, which most of the populace are not fans of.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It is good to do the writing/planning/story/characters/world building before you ever make anything. So you can more easily get things done instead of having to think on the fly and maybe introducing holes.

Good luck with everything.